The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So not being able to visit with my Mom this Mother’s Day my DD and I drove to her house after she would be asleep. I always buy Spring flower arrangements for outside for her Birthdays next week and Mother’s Day. She turns 85 next week. We drove through the alley and I opened the back gate and dropped the two planters off next to the garage and drove off. She found the surprise in the morning.
#COVID19MOTHERSDAY2020

09BEB46B-E115-4BD9-9D08-07D0EE38582F.jpeg

Last edited:

Gabe1

What Day Dreams are really about! :rolleyes:

Me, if I had a kid in school at the moment I'd be researching various online home schooling programs.

I could in no way begin to trust the 'true facts' about children's health safety along with staff in that close of proximity to each other in classrooms and buses. Kinda why they closed in the first place. I know quite a few teachers fully vested that have decided to retire.

StarWarsGirl

What Day Dreams are really about! :rolleyes:

Me, if I had a kid in school at the moment I'd be researching various online home schooling programs.

I could in no way begin to trust the 'true facts' about children's health safety along with staff in that close of proximity to each other in classrooms and buses. Kinda why they closed in the first place. I know quite a few teachers fully vested that have decided to retire.
My mom is sooo done with having B home all the time. Driving all of us bonkers, but especially her. She looked at me today and was like, "Take your brother out of this house." We went to Target to get a drive up order. A Target the next county over so we could be gone a good long time.

Our schools are closed through the end of the year, though, and won't open again until September. Lots can happen between now and then.

No way could my mom be a homeschool mom. Of course, B is in the adult transition program starting next year, so homeschooling wouldn't be an option anyway.

Figgy1

Premium Member
My mom is sooo done with having B home all the time. Driving all of us bonkers, but especially her. She looked at me today and was like, "Take your brother out of this house." We went to Target to get a drive up order. A Target the next county over so we could be gone a good long time.

Our schools are closed through the end of the year, though, and won't open again until September. Lots can happen between now and then.

No way could my mom be a homeschool mom. Of course, B is in the adult transition program starting next year, so homeschooling wouldn't be an option anyway.
I'm having a ball. Social skills workbooks are supposed to be done in a social setting:banghead::banghead::banghead: at least my kitchen floor has been kept mostly clean:joyfull:

Gabe1

I guess it so depends on if this all gets somewhat better or worse. Time will tell. No longer in that situation but as it stands now I don't think I could put my kid on a bus and put the kid in a classroom with so many others with such a deadly virus. I remember clearly how quickly all the other virus' and illnesses spread in schools and to staff. This being so deadly I'd have a real hard time with that decision as a Mom. Glad I'm not in the position to have to decide.

My one BIL pulled my MIL out of the Assisted Living center she has been in for 7 years now cause those places are too like the waiting rooms to heaven. My Mom is still in her house. She can still care for herself just lacks common sense judgement. I Fed Ex'd her a facemask and have given up trying to get her to stay home, she thinks up reasons to go into stores, post office etc almost daily then also making odd appoints at foot doctor, eye doctor etc., the elective type of appointments. She loves to go to the bank to get CASH when a pension or SS check comes. No idea what she does with all the cash, she buys everything with a credit card or writes a check for her bills and then physically goes into the post office multiple times a week. Then she calls me up and tells me all the places she has gone. :banghead:If she catches this virus she is going to have a mega contact trace list but the likilyhood of her remembering all the places, dates and time she went to is questionable. #STAYATHOME is a lost concept with her.

Gabe1

Reading between the lines of what her department head is telling them, the earliest they go back to the tower is July and then saying the quiet part outloud likely the earliest will reset to possibly September.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom