The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Felt a need yesterday to download some Jimmy Buffet songs on our Google Play account. We already had "Volcano". My kids and I loved hearing that at the Margaritaville in City Walk. Downloaded "Cheeseburger in Paradise", and "Margaritaville".
My favorites are "A Pirate Looks at 40," "Son of a Son of a Sailor," and "One Particular Harbor."
I also like a couple of odd ones that don't often make the favorites list, "Delaney Talks to Statues," and "Fruitcakes."

All good Buffett songs. I'm a bit of a Parrothead myself. I would add Boat Drinks to the list.

Goofyernmost

I remember the gas crisis in the 70's I was in college and gas was rationed. One station opened at mid night you could get 10 gallons no more I remember the line was huge. My truck as had a full tank of gas for over a month nowhere to go
One of my most vivid memories was my thinking when gas went from 35 cents a gallon up to 50 cents how I was going to have the money to pay for that. I was newly married and we lived 20 miles away from our jobs, in different directions, so between the two of us we did about 400 miles a week just going to work. Talk about living paycheck to paycheck. Another memory was traveling from gas station to gas station just trying to fill up the tank. If you went past a station that had gas, you stopped and topped it off even if all it took was a gallon.

Goofyernmost

When I lived up north if we went to Florida or Myrtle Beach on a road trip, we always stopped at South of the Border and bought raw peanuts. I roasted them in my oven at home and consumed them all. I have no doubt that I still have a number of those lingering as fat in my butt. I still love peanuts but I take the handier route and get them either already roasted and shelled or peanut butter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom