The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hahaaa...!!! And, thanks...!!! :)
Not bein’ closed off, but, only one person allowed in at a time. And, you must wipe down everything you touched with an antiseptic wipe before you leave that space. No more mass food for now either, only personal lunches heated up in there, or snacks in your office or work station.
I plan on bringing my own water, food that doesn’t need to be heated up, paper towels, wipes, etc., so I’ll go into that area as little as possible, for now.
Again, and as per usual, my ol’ beeeeehind will adapt as needed...!!! ;):)

That's quite a switch from before. I know you look forward to the day that you can, once again, abscond with food from the break room. Hang in there.

Songbird76

It's pretty much all over that people are being stupid. Look at the parks in NYC and my friend sent me a picture of a packed street in Newport the only day (mansions are closed though). But you can't blame them for wanting to get out of the house, flat or apartment. It's just they're doing it in a stupid way. I'm surprised this hasn't being like the Spanish Flu.

Fun fact:b It mentions the Spanish flu in passsing in the show that I'm currently watching.
I've seen a lot of comparisons to Spanish flu, but there are some things you have to keep in mind. A. The statistics you see for Spanish flu cover more than a year, whereas testing for Covid 19 started about 2 months ago. We've got a long way to go before we hit even the 1 year mark. B. Because of technology, word spread relatively quickly about Covid 19 and countries were able to prepare a bit and take measures to prevent it. They didn't have that 100 years ago...if Covid happened back then, who knows what the statistics would be. C. They still aren't testing NEARLY everyone. There are probably a lot more cases that we just don't know about, including cases that happened before they actually started testing. We don't know the real numbers. D. We have a lot more knowledge about the containment and treatment of illnesses in general now than 100 years ago. Again, if this had happened back then, we'd probably see a lot higher rates of infection, and more deaths.

I don't think we can make a real comparison, just because we don't know the real numbers, and we might not ever have them, because for now, at least, we have no way of going back to find the beginning and test every person to see if they've already had it, or if they are asymptomatic carriers, etc. And assuming they develop an antibody test, they can't require everyone to do that testing. And it's going to be a while before we can actually say "It's over" and then look at the statistics. I read that some states haven't even reached their peaks yet, and I know there are some countries who are seeing a rise in cases again. As far as I know, there's no timeline of the Spanish flu to compare the rates to those of Covid 19. So we don't really know yet if it will turn out to be as bad as Spanish Flu.

21stamps

@dryerlintfan Did you and A get a chance to see the flyover, from the 180th Fighter Wing?
They’re in the greater cincinnati area today. I just found out this morning. We rushed out to go see them.

Things like this really are a reminder of howso many people are doing their best for others during this time.

Last edited:

epcotisbest

What is it about being home all the time that makes you wanna git organized? I like kitchen appliances, but my counter and cupboard space is super limited. Finally decided to get a shelving unit for the basement to put things that are taking up space. Things like crockpots, canning pots... etc.

I installed some kitchen cabinet slide out organizers a few weeks ago. Put another set in for canned goods too. Makes accessing the things in the lower cabinets so easy.

0BD0C00E-8294-4A32-BBDA-B9CED66173DB.jpeg66D89693-65E7-4BD8-9F69-AEB9AAE24A27.jpeg

MouseDreaming

I like Hebrew National because (supposedly) their company maintains high cleanliness standards. Haven't really noticed much difference from any particular brand compared to another. I do like some hot dogs I had up in Maine at one point, because they were red -- ha! Yup, I haven't a clue why they were red, but apparently they're popular up there. (I don't know the brand.) They tasted fine, though! :joyfull:

Do you have a favorite brand?
Not just supposedly, they do! They have to keep Rabis on staff to oversee, and make sure everything is kosher. (Pun intended). However, I try to avoid them for one simple reason. 8 buns, 7 dogs. Drives me crazy! I prefer Nathan's all beef.

StarWarsGirl

What is it about being home all the time that makes you wanna git organized? I like kitchen appliances, but my counter and cupboard space is super limited. Finally decided to get a shelving unit for the basement to put things that are taking up space. Things like crockpots, canning pots... etc.
Our kitchen is already super organized...I'm not organized about most things, but I've gone over to my friend's places and organized their kitchens for them. Even when I'm home by myself, my bedroom might be a mess, but the kitchen is spotless.

My mom told me about a week ago that my bed needed a headboard. Note, I haven't had a headboard on my bed since I've had a queen sized bed. I got it when I was 8, so 17 years, no headboard, suddenly Mom brings it up. I questioned her about it, and she said because it makes it look more finished. I told her, frankly, I don't want the dang thing, I've lived without it for 17 years, and since, "Your bed needs a headboard" translates to "Buy a headboard for your bed" yeah not happening.

I've had no real urges to organize my room...much to Mom's dismay

Figgy1

Premium Member
Our kitchen is already super organized...I'm not organized about most things, but I've gone over to my friend's places and organized their kitchens for them. Even when I'm home by myself, my bedroom might be a mess, but the kitchen is spotless.

My mom told me about a week ago that my bed needed a headboard. Note, I haven't had a headboard on my bed since I've had a queen sized bed. I got it when I was 8, so 17 years, no headboard, suddenly Mom brings it up. I questioned her about it, and she said because it makes it look more finished. I told her, frankly, I don't want the dang thing, I've lived without it for 17 years, and since, "Your bed needs a headboard" translates to "Buy a headboard for your bed" yeah not happening.

I've had no real urges to organize my room...much to Mom's dismay
Yup related:cautious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom