The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Daniel's (SonIL) 30th birthday is tomorrow, so Megan is planning a drive-by birthday celebration. They're goin' on a walk at around 7p and many family and friends will be there to surprise him...she originally, obviously, had a much more involved celebration planned, but, we all know why that can't happen, so this should be a real hoot for him that we all "showed up" regardless...!!!!!!! :joyfull::happy:
What a lovely idea.
So, DWifey lost her job today. I've seen the train comin' down the track for quite some time, as I've been through this stuff more than once during my lifetime...although, I haven't heard anything, as such, I don't expect to be employed much longer. But, we have assets. Plus, we can all apply for UI...hell, DWifey and I have been payin' into that system for well over 40 years and have never tapped into it before...as many of y'all know, we worked our beeeeeeeeeeehinds off in retail during the last recession, holding as many as 3 jobs at a time. I'd do that again, if I had to, but, on lockdown, there aren't many jobs to even try to apply for, unlike the last recession which had nothing to do with a pandemic.

Just gonna' throw these 3 pics out there from happier times...one from our last cruise in early October, one from our Sweet Berry Farm visit on October 26th, and the classic Emy jungle Cruise pic from our "Worldwind" WDW trip on October 29th...!!!!!!! :joyfull::inlove::happy:

View attachment 459117
View attachment 459118
View attachment 459116
I am sorry your wife lost her job. Hopefully it is just temporary and they will rehire her. I also hope that you won’t lose your job, and that the company you work for stays solvent.

MySmallWorldof4

Caught up on the last 15 pages. Been busy with dealing with tax stuff for dh’s office, getting info on some sba loan options. If he asks for one type of sba loan, sba7a ,and uses it for payroll and for his lease, that loan can be forgiven. Our accountant sent us that info last night. Hopefully many places of business like yours @donaldtoo will be able to use it so no one needs to get laid off.
The weather was warm and not windy yesterday so we went to our local park and walked. It was really nice to get out. The dog park area had a few people and their dogs. One lady hung up a hammock and was laying in it. The willows are blooming and daffodils are out. Nice to get a little normalcy.

Figgy1

Premium Member

MouseDreaming

I stopped in the store today and found most of the suspected items (paper) still sporting empty shelves, but then I went past another area and a thought flashed into my mind. We all know how people feel about their pets and yet the selves are fully stocked. Aren't they afraid that they will run out of dog or cat food and the animal will starve. I don't even have a pet, and that thought crossed my mind seeing the only area in the whole store that didn't even seemed like it was touched.
I can't speak for everyone, but just got my delivery of treats, kibble, and flea and tick treatment delivered from Chewys.

MouseDreaming

Stay at home order for Rhode Island though people can still work and go grocery shopping/gas/get drugs (medicine). Should have be issued long time ago.

So does that mean I can't go running outside or? I see one or two people on my runs that's it. Even then I don't go near them.
You can still go out, just make sure you maintain proper distance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom