The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

The worst part of it is that it is very misleading. I am living on social security and regular withdrawals from my retirement savings. I do not owe any taxes, have not had deductions made and therefore have no refund coming. Yet, because I take a payment from my 401 (which I have to now because of my age) I cannot file the short form and that same free, free, free, free company wants $40.00 to file the federal tax and another $40.00 to file the state tax. So $80.00 to free file a zero tax obligation. I have a bigger project going on right now but sometime next month or early April I will fill out the manual forms and mail them in.

freetaxusa.com my friend. Free for federal, $12.99 per state. And they efile it for you.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Blurg. I live in teeny tiny Hamlet Illinois. A town that has barely creeped out of the 19th century into the 20th, lets not consider the 21st century cause our love of barns precludes all that.

I have a love hate relationship with my town I have lived in now for the vast majority of my life. I hope not to die here though. A town of mostly pro’s but has some serious con’s being only 8000 residents strong.

Sadly this evening I learned our family practitioner of our town has retired. He didn’t share his decision until he closed. Can’t blame him. We are a small town and the majority of us all called him Doc. My kids knew no other. Their idea of a Doctor. He knew us and our kids. We were not a file or a chart. Our children both went through the same schools and sport etc cause in a town of 8000 of course one would when one raises his family where he practices. So very 19th Century! He was completely Harvard educated, we had the best of the best.

I’m heartbroken while wishing him a fabulous retirement that is deserved.

Ahhhhhhh

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yes, the do come from all walks of life, but these two were from the upper crust. Had money and a whole easy life ahead of them. Because they were both under 18, I don't know how many years they got, but because of the degree of awful this was and because they showed no remorse at all, I hope they got life. Whatever future life they actually had, I'm sure money softened the blow and they being alive came up better then the guy who was just trying to make a living for his family and ended up dead. After all these years, I don't think I have ever lost my anger about it.

Maybe I need some of this....
View attachment 450088 View attachment 450093

people of our age all remember Mary Jo. Kennedy’s campaign worker that was pregnant. Left with him and found alone in the passenger seat Of the car at the bottom of the lake. Baby and her dead from drowning. Upper crust is an interesting rite.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The worst part of it is that it is very misleading. I am living on social security and regular withdrawals from my retirement savings. I do not owe any taxes, have not had deductions made and therefore have no refund coming. Yet, because I take a payment from my 401 (which I have to now because of my age) I cannot file the short form and that same free, free, free, free company wants $40.00 to file the federal tax and another $40.00 to file the state tax. So $80.00 to free file a zero tax obligation. I have a bigger project going on right now but sometime next month or early April I will fill out the manual forms and mail them in.

That's nuts!! Crazy that they flat rate the long form, when you're only filing a zero tax. So, people who have multiple itemizations, etc., are paying the same for the stupid form as you are?! 🤦‍♀️

Goofyernmost

That's nuts!! Crazy that they flat rate the long form, when you're only filing a zero tax. So, people who have multiple itemizations, etc., are paying the same for the stupid form as you are?! 🤦‍♀️
From what I read through a cloud of angry steam, yes, that is correct. But listen it's Free, Free, Free, Free. I heard that on TV so it must be true.

Goofyernmost

Why do you want to come, and what do you bring to our country? ;) Your answer determines your fate.
It's a lower wall to climb over and you fired the Queen and opted for a more democratic form. I love the way parliament works. Our system apparently had a lot more flaws then we ever imagined. Besides I have a BIL and SIL that live on Salt Spring Island so I won't be homeless.
I haven't asked them yet if I can stay with them, but I'm sure, considering my cherub like demeanor, that they would be thrilled.

MySmallWorldof4

Somebody in my house may be getting one for Christmas. I think they're cutting the shipping date just a bit close;) BTW already sold out on Disney Store and Target. Walmart still has some left
I had no idea about this toy. When did it get rolled out? I was just on Walmart’s site and there is nothing that shows a moving doll.
Update: no go at Walmart. Did an online search. Gamestop had them. Preordered! Yay! The kids and us grown-ups ;) will love it! Thanks for posting @FutureCEO.

Last edited:

John park hopper

In my area, fyi, they are always available at the post office, too. :) (Just remembered, some of the individual banks carry the forms as well.)
Our library is tiny in a town of 1000 people they don't have much The whole building probably is 800 sq ft.
BRRRRR its cold here 28 degrees, should have one more day of this and back up into the 60's- funny as a kid growing up in NY we (me and brother) would spend hours out in the snow Mom would have to drag us in. Now I can't stand the cold benefit or curse of getting older

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Our library is tiny in a town of 1000 people they don't have much The whole building probably is 800 sq ft.
BRRRRR its cold here 28 degrees, should have one more day of this and back up into the 60's- funny as a kid growing up in NY we (me and brother) would spend hours out in the snow Mom would have to drag us in. Now I can't stand the cold benefit or curse of getting older

Where I live (a sort of medium-sized city --but, it's not the state capitol city), there's a population of 39,000+, so our library is large -- 3 floors.

The original library had only 19,700 square feet, so within the past decade, a 30,500 square food addition was added to the existing structure, to better serve the needs of the increasing population.

As to your comment about cold, I still love spending hours outdoors in it! :happy: Some things remain the same. ;)

FutureCEO

Where I live (a sort of medium-sized city --but, it's not the state capitol city), there's a population of 39,000+, so our library is large -- 3 floors.

The original library had only 19,700 square feet, so within the past decade, a 30,500 square food addition was added to the existing structure, to better serve the needs of the increasing population.

As to your comment about cold, I still love spending hours outdoors in it! :happy: Some things remain the same. ;)

3 floor library...that's crazy. The town I grew up in had 36000 people but only a one floor library.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom