The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

I HATE that commercial !! :p
The worst part of it is that it is very misleading. I am living on social security and regular withdrawals from my retirement savings. I do not owe any taxes, have not had deductions made and therefore have no refund coming. Yet, because I take a payment from my 401 (which I have to now because of my age) I cannot file the short form and that same free, free, free, free company wants $40.00 to file the federal tax and another $40.00 to file the state tax. So $80.00 to free file a zero tax obligation. I have a bigger project going on right now but sometime next month or early April I will fill out the manual forms and mail them in.

John park hopper

The worst part of it is that it is very misleading. I am living on social security and regular withdrawals from my retirement savings. I do not owe any taxes, have not had deductions made and therefore have no refund coming. Yet, because I take a payment from my 401 (which I have to now because of my age) I cannot file the short form and that same free, free, free, free company wants $40.00 to file the federal tax and another $40.00 to file the state tax. So $80.00 to free file a zero tax obligation. I have a bigger project going on right now but sometime next month or early April I will fill out the manual forms and mail them in.
Same as you--- free my behind-- It will be free when I fill out the IRS forms and put them in an envelope with a 55 cent stamp shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to do

Disney Analyst

That is so not the Canada in my mind. I had family in Montreal at one point. It was always snow covered when I went to visit and freezing. Looks very lush by you even in February. Must be beautiful in the summer.

Canada is VERY big, with very different climates across the country (much like the States). So Toronto/Montreal will often be buried in snow and -25C in the winter, where we are a sunny or rainy 7C in the winter here in Vancouver. The coldest we get is -5 to -10 maybe, rarely. We did have one week of a lot of snow, which cripples the city as no one on the coast is used to it or can handle it. Much like when it rains in California.

MySmallWorldof4

Does anyone know what kind of tree on the left of the photo is? It's been one of my favourites since I was a kid and first visited the lower mainland, as we don't have these elsewhere in BC!
I could be smart and say “green” because the rest of Canada’s trees are white right now, but I won’t. ;):hilarious: I actually have no clue. Would love to know though. Maybe you answered further down.

Disney Analyst

I could be smart and say “green” because the rest of Canada’s trees are white right now, but I won’t. ;):hilarious: I actually have no clue. Would love to know though. Maybe you answered further down.

It is the Araucaria araucana, but we call them "Monkey Puzzle Trees". By no means native to us, but lots of them planted around here for some reason.

donaldtoo

This week's winner of the klutz of the week award goes to ME. I have a gash on the top of my forearm:hilarious: In happier news today's cooking is finished and I have the leeks to go with tomorrow night's dinner on the stove:joyfull: In even happier news Mount Laundry is conquered as in currently not even one sock is unwashed(that will change in a few hours:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::brb: Best news of all Basin and wine time blocked out:inlove::inlove::inlove::angelic:

Enjoy, and hope your arm heals quickly...!!! :)
I’m enjoyin’ beer time right now...!!!!! :hilarious:

2ECA8433-B7F0-4F35-A44C-607BB25CBD11.jpeg

FutureCEO

Canada is VERY big, with very different climates across the country (much like the States). So Toronto/Montreal will often be buried in snow and -25C in the winter, where we are a sunny or rainy 7C in the winter here in Vancouver. The coldest we get is -5 to -10 maybe, rarely. We did have one week of a lot of snow, which cripples the city as no one on the coast is used to it or can handle it. Much like when it rains in California.

Can I come to Canada? To live though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom