The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Our library is tiny in a town of 1000 people they don't have much The whole building probably is 800 sq ft.
BRRRRR its cold here 28 degrees, should have one more day of this and back up into the 60's- funny as a kid growing up in NY we (me and brother) would spend hours out in the snow Mom would have to drag us in. Now I can't stand the cold benefit or curse of getting older
I grew up in NY also. I skied for years and always looked forward to the winter. Something happened when I had kids and then I wanted nothing to do with winter.

Goofyernmost

1. It's not the US
2. Canadians seem nicer.
3. Not the US
4. I like wildlife.
This isn't the US that I grew up in. Up until recently and as a Vietnam Veteran I would have been strongly against your reasons. But, now I understand them and hope that somehow we can get it back. But, I'm starting to doubt that I will live long enough to see it. We have become totally complacent and because we have been free people (many with blinders on) for so long we feel that nothing bad will ever happen to us. All I can do is hope that enough people will be willing to fix the problems before it becomes impossible.

Disney Analyst

I'm looking for more temperate weather and I'm Cinderella always cooking, cleaning, sewing and talking to my forest friends. I also come with a smoker if you like BBQ
It's a lower wall to climb over and you fired the Queen and opted for a more democratic form. I love the way parliament works. Our system apparently had a lot more flaws then we ever imagined. Besides I have a BIL and SIL that live on Salt Spring Island so I won't be homeless.
I haven't asked them yet if I can stay with them, but I'm sure, considering my cherub like demeanor, that they would be thrilled.
1. It's not the US
2. Canadians seem nicer.
3. Not the US
4. I like wildlife.

I’ve spoken with the council. You’re all invited!

21stamps

Today is such a great day!!!!!!!

I’m going to screen cap my earlier FB post.. brb. 😂
Ok..

23AA0E04-0638-487B-8E4F-B987A7ED45DD.jpeg

Just had the b-ball game. They’ve lost to this team in 3 semi finals in tourneys. This is the big City Tournament currently, 1st weekend, we qualified, and we got paired against this team- the only one who we’ve never won against. T has 2 soccer friends (from his outdoor and a Sunday team) who are on this b-ball team, one of their dad’s is the coach.

I was talking to the mom earlier this week and said I’m actually glad we’re playing them, because I’m ready for basketball season to end.. I’m focused on baseball and soccer now, have no desire for basketball to go into March. T had basically resigned himself to the season being over as well when we found out who we were playing.

Then, after the soccer win today, he was so hyped up.. he was so confident that his b-ball team would win, because in his mind the Spanish soccer team was “impossible” to beat, and also undefeated both seasons, until today.
And....

T’s basketball team WON by 1 point, with less than 0.02 seconds left in the game!! The whole thing was neck and neck, up and down by one or two the entire time. At the end everyone was jumping up and down and the boys were all hugging and chest bumping.

AMAZING!!!!

I don’t even remember the last time he has been so stoked. He said “Mom, today is the best day ever!! Hard work and a positive attitude sure does pay off.”

❤❤❤

I learn from this kid, I really do. Gosh, I’m so proud of him, and all involved. Those boys left nothing on the turf or the court, respectively. They gave it their all, and then some.

Last edited:

21stamps

Also, T hugged both of his friends on the opposing team. They were crying. Sad to see such and amazing season for them to come to an end like this. They were undefeated until now, but still won 3 other tourneys and placed 1st in regular season league.

I’m glad we have a bye in soccer tomorrow (both of our Sunday teams), because it would be tough to see those boys and their parents tomorrow. :(

I’m so happy for T’s team though. I can’t even describe how exciting and nail biting it was!!

Songbird76

@SteveBrickNJ and @StarWarsGirl , as fellow musicians whose first language is English, can you please give me your definition of "Solfege"? My daughter's music teacher seems to be lacking in the terminology department and he keeps using music terms incorrectly. Or, I am out of the loop since my college days and have no idea what I'm talking about. But one of us is wrong, and I'm pretty sure it's not me.

Goofyernmost

@SteveBrickNJ and @StarWarsGirl , as fellow musicians whose first language is English, can you please give me your definition of "Solfege"? My daughter's music teacher seems to be lacking in the terminology department and he keeps using music terms incorrectly. Or, I am out of the loop since my college days and have no idea what I'm talking about. But one of us is wrong, and I'm pretty sure it's not me.
I don't know for sure, but I think I heard it used in The Sound of Music.

SteveBrickNJ

Although I am a band director and I'm never using that term with my instrumental music students... I thought it was spelled Solfeggio and I thought it meant singing by assigning the first note of the scale as "do"...second note "re"...3rd note "mi"...4th note "fa", etc.

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

Although I am a band director and that term does not effect me in my teaching... I thought it was spelled Solfeggio and I thought it meant singing by assigning the first note of the scale as "do"...second note "re"...3rd note "mi"...4th note "fa", etc.
Ok...I just googled it to see how I did. I feel pretty good about my answer. Either your spelling or mine is correct. The Google definition seems to match with what I attempted to express.20200222_145200.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom