The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Sorry, but, that all cracked us up here, and we in no way, shape, or form prepared for such a “disaster”, even though we had 3 young children at the time. Nostradamus, supposedly, predicting WWIII to happen about 25-ish years ago, Y2K, Mayan end of time calendars...somebody better come up with somethin’ better than all that Bravo Sierra to make my ol’ beeeeehind take any kinda’ appreciable notice...!!!!! :hilarious:
And, again, I was born right in the middle of the “Cuban Missile Crisis”...!!!!! :rolleyes:
Sorry, not tryin’ to delegitimize your fears, and I realize you were much younger at the time, but, most of us knew the whole world wasn’t gonna’ come crashin’ down ‘cause of some supposed computer issues that were propagated by kooks...!!! ;)
And I was a teenager, that hoped to get to adulthood, during that time and to make matters worse we lived immediately next to the south-gate of Plattsburgh, AFB, believed to be the largest SAC base in the world at the time. From my bedroom window I watched car after car after car enter the base. The base had a huge wing of B-52's onsite armed with nuclear weapons. Our city never bothered with fallout shelters because if a war started we were just going to end up a giant crater and those shelters would be orbiting in space. On the plus side, that may be one of the reasons why I am able to remain calm through most things unless I am personally attacked. Some scars do not heal quickly.

Rista1313

I was in bed way before midnight because I had students in the wee hours of the morning. I did get up at midnight because some fun loving folks somewhere blasted off fireworks and it woke me up.

I was fast asleep when some of my crazy cuban neighbor decided to run outside at midnight to hoot and hollar. Why do you have to come outside to do that? Hollar in the privacy of your own home. Lucky for them I fell right back to sleep!

eta: I sound like an old person... GET OFF MY LAWN!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Happy new year to you all! I hope that 2020 brings you peace and happiness!

We actually stayed up for midnight, I thought we might both go to sleep after watching the Disney parks live stream but we didn’t. It was pretty quiet in our neighborhood, as we went to bed all our neighbors lights were already off so either they went to bed or they were still out.

wdwfan4ver

Some loon set off fireworks last night -- BUT, it was at 11:30 PM. Nothing at midnight. 🤔 (Perhaps his clock was running 30 minutes fast?) :p
I heard fireworks myself.

Someone was blasting off fireworks in the neighborhood starting at midnight and ended by 12:10 in the morning. At least they were not fired off late like they do at 1 in the morning in June.

wdwfan4ver

Curious: are any stores in your area open today? Just about everything is shut down here for the holiday -- even some of the Dunks and Starbucks as well.
I know the business are running where and one store is starting new hours today with them opening at 11 in the morning instead of noon.

One Frozen Custard place is 3 flavors of the day instead of their normal 2 since it is New Year's Day and the Wisconsin Badgers are in the Rose Bowl.

Last edited:

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
Today's frustration:

My Fitbit Charge 3 has been losing time and refusing to sync with my phone. Today I contacted Fitbit. It took ten minutes of arguing with them before I finally convinced to them that no, it was not my Samsung Galaxy S8, which is always synced perfectly with the Fitbit up until now. I finally flat out told them that this is not what it should do, so they need to replace it. Thankfully I didn't have to threaten small claims court, which would have been my next step had they not relented. I have to send it to them and then they will issue a replacement.

Meanwhile, I plugged in and synced my older Fitbit, and it worked perfectly. Go figure.
Wasn’t happy with mine either. My Charge 2 was great until it died. The Charge 3 will do this thing where all of a sudden the screen shuts off and the only way to turn it back on is to hook up the charger and then press and hold the button. Usually after the 3rd time it will come back to life. Not a fan of the dimmer screen - can’t see who is sending the text message, only the content - which for some reason is brighter...

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
so happy! I just booked our Vegas trip for my 50th birthday this year!!!

awesome which hotel? I haven’t been to Vegas since 2001, maybe 2000? My sister found a deal for us that included 3 nights, flight and hotel transfers for $250 a person. That was in the blazing heat of August though and we stayed at the Riviera which is no longer around. It was a fun trip though, so much fun we almost missed our flight back. And that flight back was the worst of my life, I was so hungover.

StarWarsGirl

Wasn’t happy with mine either. My Charge 2 was great until it died. The Charge 3 will do this thing where all of a sudden the screen shuts off and the only way to turn it back on is to hook up the charger and then press and hold the button. Usually after the 3rd time it will come back to life. Not a fan of the dimmer screen - can’t see who is sending the text message, only the content - which for some reason is brighter...
I like my Alta and my Flex which is why I bought another Fitbit...and same thing, it worked great until it just didn't.

And of course, I just flipped to the app, and I've been wearing my Alta, and it's syncing perfectly. :rolleyes: Their customer service...ugh.

Rista1313

awesome which hotel? I haven’t been to Vegas since 2001, maybe 2000? My sister found a deal for us that included 3 nights, flight and hotel transfers for $250 a person. That was in the blazing heat of August though and we stayed at the Riviera which is no longer around. It was a fun trip though, so much fun we almost missed our flight back. And that flight back was the worst of my life, I was so hungover.

We are staying at one of the newish resorts called the Aria.... I think it opened 2016? Not going on the cheap for this one.... this is costing me more than a Disney trip, because I booked 1st class for the flights. You only turn 50 once right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom