The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I've noticed that with my own eyes in the last year. They seem to be declining quickly. (Now I have to do that update!)

In the "oh, boy" column: we had 18 solar panels installed over a year ago (it's done via long term loan.) The sales guy sat at our kitchen table and said, "When you do your taxes, you will get a $5K rebate back. When that happens, send it in to us, and that will keep your monthly payments low. (Current monthly payments are about $80. Our old electric bill was $145 or so and is now usually zero or near zero. In March, payments would go up to $150 if we don't send them the $5K and reamortize the loan.)

I file extensions most years for our Federal taxes, so they're due tomorrow, and being me, I'm just finishing up today.

Turns out that's not how it works.

It's not a rebate, it's a credit. You don't get a check for $5K, you get a credit of 30% of the total price (which in our case is actually more than that.) However: you don't get it all at once. It covers your current tax liability, and then the rest rolls over to next year. So we're getting less than $2K, and another $6K is rolling over (and we likely wouldn't get that much next year, either, even if we do our taxes early - like February before the payments go up.)

I thought I was 100% clear that it was exactly $5K and did not get split up.

The reason I'm telling you this: don't believe BS Solar installers. Oh, yes, there will be complaints all over the place. Here's my first one! Specifically avoid: Sun-Tech based in the Tampa area.

There have been a number of consumer complaints against solar panel companies. (I rent, so I don't have to deal with any of this.) There's a lot of misinformation out there, and some of these (sales) people will sell you the Brooklyn Bridge . . . :cautious: Now, this is not to say that all of them are shady, but I have noticed news reports about this over the past few years.

StarWarsGirl

Ugh. I hate people.

I have one sales guy who my team keeps going back and forth with. We tell him when he places an order with a specific vendor for one of his customers, he has to add something specific to the order. After explaining this to him yet again today, I got an email back that literally said: "Why do I have to do this? I shouldn't have to do this." Umm, sorry that the rules upset you???

Now my supervisor said he's going to call him. He's a-gluttin' for punishment, as my mother would say, but alright, as long as I don't have to do it...

93boomer

Premium Member
Ugh. I hate people.

I have one sales guy who my team keeps going back and forth with. We tell him when he places an order with a specific vendor for one of his customers, he has to add something specific to the order. After explaining this to him yet again today, I got an email back that literally said: "Why do I have to do this? I shouldn't have to do this." Umm, sorry that the rules upset you???

Now my supervisor said he's going to call him. He's a-gluttin' for punishment, as my mother would say, but alright, as long as I don't have to do it...
This made me laugh. 🤣 Exactly how my DD starts our phone calls every afternoon as she goes home after work. “ I hate people”

Cesar R M

Well, it was apparently just the battery. The on they had put in is now the third battery for this car.

Next time my dad says something about my Honda, I'm going to make some snide comment about it actually working
I hope you can get a second opinion. I DO NOT TRUST AGENCY mechanics.
My dad's car (the car I'm driving) had a total of 16 visits to the dealership because it overheated and the engine shutdown.
NOBODY in that dealership's shop cold find anything. After a few grand trying to fix that thing. I took the car to a different dealer.
Turns out there was a tiny hole in the engine water pump. And as the car got hotter... the hole expanded. Leaking fluid everywhere until it was dry.
around 500 pesos (25 USD) later and a new pump (125 USD), all was well.

Cesar R M

As for today..

I think I'm going to be traumatized for a bit.

Good news:
My cold is on its way out.
My lungs are clean but my sinuses are not. So change of medicine!
Everything else is going ok apart from overall weakness, need to sleep AND headache for coughing.

The bad news:
This will traumatize a bit.. skip this @StarWarsGirl
After the visit to the doctor. Mom and I (I infected her, go figure..) decided to buy food as noone of us want to cook and we're tired.
So she went her way to buy something and I went the other.
The place was packed. Tons of cars moving slowly in cobblesstone roads and a lot of cars parked even in illegal places.
Well I crossed an avenue of cobblestone, as I waited for cars to stop passing.

Out of nowhere..
A tiny ginger cat came out from below a parked car and throttled into the avenue, trying to cross the street(1 year or so of age.. was so young)
Before I could react, the cat managed to dodge one TIRE of a passing cat as the cat tried to cross the street without looking..
And then that was it.. the cat tried again to cross as the car was moving.. the cat then got headlights syndrome.. froze.. tried to back down..and nope..it was too late.
And jesus, that was so awful.. the darn crunch sound... the tire had caught one of his paws and his head..
His little head was partially... you get the idea.. but that was not the worst.. the poor cat was not dead.. it was flailing with one eye out..
I just froze there.. the cat was.. just.. like mechanically flailing one beat per second.
I'm still so deep in meds that it took seconds to register.

The next driver.. a young lady walked outof her car to the cat and we both knew we could do nothing.
After I left. I am Unsure if the lady picked up the poor cat or put it out of his misery..
When I returned to the car from getting food is when finally hit me.. x_x
Worst part is.. with all the meds I'm on me.. I think my reaction time was more than 2 seconds. I need a fraction to have pulled the tail of the cat and saved her.. but .. I couldn't.. thats how close I was when it happened.

I returned from getting food only to find the bloody spot. The lady was gone and so was the cat.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

As for today..

I think I'm going to be traumatized for a bit.

Good news:
My cold is on its way out.
My lungs are clean but my sinuses are not. So change of medicine!
Everything else is going ok apart from overall weakness, need to sleep AND headache for coughing.

The bad news:
This will traumatize a bit.. skip this @StarWarsGirl
After the visit to the doctor. Mom and I (I infected her, go figure..) decided to buy food as noone of us want to cook and we're tired.
So she went her way to buy something and I went the other.
The place was packed. Tons of cars moving slowly in cobblesstone roads and a lot of cars parked even in illegal places.
Well I crossed an avenue of cobblestone, as I waited for cars to stop passing.

Out of nowhere..
A tiny ginger cat came out of a parked car and walked not too fast(1 year or so of age.. was so young)
Before I could react, the cat managed to dodge one TIRE of a passing cat as the cat tried to cross the street without looking..
And then that was it.. the cat tried again to cross as the car was moving.. headlights syndrome.. froze.. tried to back down..and nope..
And jesus, that was so awful.. the darn crunch sound...
His little head was partially... you get the idea.. but that was not the worst.. the poor cat was not dead.. it was flailing with one eye out..
I just froze there.. the cat was.. just.. like mechanically flailing one beat per second.
I'm still so deep in meds that it took seconds to register.

The next driver.. a young lady walked to the cat and we both knew we could do nothing.
After I left Unsure if the lady picked up the poor cat or put it out of his misery..
When I returned to the car from getting food is when finally hit me.. x_x
Worst part is.. with all the meds I'm on me.. I think my reaction time was more than 2 seconds. I need a fraction to have pulled the tail of the cat and saved her.. but .. I couldn't.. thats how close I was when it happened.
I peaked...then I decided, nope, I'm good.

MySmallWorldof4

I've noticed that with my own eyes in the last year. They seem to be declining quickly. (Now I have to do that update!)

In the "oh, boy" column: we had 18 solar panels installed over a year ago (it's done via long term loan.) The sales guy sat at our kitchen table and said, "When you do your taxes, you will get a $5K rebate back. When that happens, send it in to us, and that will keep your monthly payments low. (Current monthly payments are about $80. Our old electric bill was $145 or so and is now usually zero or near zero. In March, payments would go up to $150 if we don't send them the $5K and reamortize the loan.)

I file extensions most years for our Federal taxes, so they're due tomorrow, and being me, I'm just finishing up today.

Turns out that's not how it works.

It's not a rebate, it's a credit. You don't get a check for $5K, you get a credit of 30% of the total price (which in our case is actually more than that.) However: you don't get it all at once. It covers your current tax liability, and then the rest rolls over to next year. So we're getting less than $2K, and another $6K is rolling over (and we likely wouldn't get that much next year, either, even if we do our taxes early - like February before the payments go up.)

I thought I was 100% clear that it was exactly $5K and did not get split up.

The reason I'm telling you this: don't believe BS Solar installers. Oh, yes, there will be complaints all over the place. Here's my first one! Specifically avoid: Sun-Tech based in the Tampa area.
We were told at one point not to install solar panels unless you build a house from scratch and include the price in the mortgage. It financially does not make sense otherwise.

wdwfan4ver

Thanks. If I have to drive him, hopefully I can find a mild tranquilizer to give him for during the ride...
It could've been worse. You don't have to deal what my mom has to deal with my dad whenever he has to follow doctors orders of taking it easy. My dad is one of those types that likes to work something around the house and him seating around is not ideal for him.

My younger brother did tell my mom in the past that ratchet straps are needed on him when there is a medical issue or a medical exam is done:jawdrop:.

I remember years ago that mom had to deal with my dad after a colonoscopy. What happened was he was supposed to go home and take it easy for the day with my mom taking care of him, but he wanted to go shopping right away after a colonoscopy and was caught with a knife at home while trying to make a meal:rolleyes:.

Currently he does not need any medical procedures done and that means my mom does not deal with him being a bad patient.

StarWarsGirl

It could've been worse. You don't have to deal what my mom has to deal with my dad whenever he has to follow doctors orders of taking it easy. My dad is one of those types that likes to work something around the house and him seating around is not ideal for him.

My younger brother did tell my mom in the past that ratchet straps are needed on him when there is a medical issue or a medical exam is done:jawdrop:.

I remember years ago that mom had to deal with my dad after a colonoscopy. What happened was he was supposed to go home and take it easy for the day with my mom taking care of him, but he wanted to go shopping right away after a colonoscopy and was caught with a knife at home while trying to make a meal:rolleyes:.

Currently he does not need any medical procedures done and that means my mom does not deal with him being a bad patient.
I think mine has you beat. When I was five, he decided to stay home and paint. My mom and I went to a get together. Mom said not to paint the foyer. Well, he decided to paint the foyer. On a ladder. When no one was home.

He fell off the ladder. Busted his head open.

Now, you would think someone whose head is busted down to the bone would call 911. Nope. He calls his wife. This was before cell phones. He looked up the last name of the people whose house we were at. He looked up their son's info by accident. Called him, had an entire conversation. Then hangs up and calls to say he's fallen off the ladder.

He had like two layers of stitches. It's one of the few times my mom has driven him anywhere.

And that is the story of how my brother almost wasn't

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom