The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

SteveBrickNJ

Thanks for the thoughtful reply. I, as a vocalist myself, still had to learn to play all the instruments, too. We didn't get to choose one or the other. If you majored in music education, you had to do it all....k-12, band, orchestra, choir. So we had classes to learn the basics of every instrument, instrumentalists were required to do one semester of a choral ensemble...all our classes were together. The only thing different was that when it came to conducting class, the Collegiate Chorale director did the grading for the vocalists, and the Orchestra conductor did the grading for the instrumentalists, though they shared the teaching time (twice a week, one day it was the choir director, the next it was the orchestra conductor.) That actually really frustrated me, because the orchestra conductor was a real jerk with a short temper and his style was opposite to the chorale director. So the Orchestra director kept telling me to keep my arms way out in front of me because if I held them closer to my body, the ensemble may not be able to see them. So I would do that, but then the choir director would come and tell me I had my arms too far out and I needed to pull them in close to my body.(though he said it much more kindly) Obviously, the choir director is the one who gave me my grade, so I was going to do it his way, but the orchestra conductor would just yell at me. "HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU TO PUT YOUR ARMS OUT AWAY FROM YOUR BODY!" and he would grab my arms and yank them toward him, and he would be yelling in front of everyone, and when I tried to tell him that the choir director told me to do it this way, he cut me off and belittled me. I was in tears before my final in conducting because he was screaming at me. The two were never in the class together, so he never witnessed the choir director telling me to reel it in. And there were other things that he would scream about...he would constantly tell me not to wear this shirt or that outfit to his class ever again because it was distracting. But that was the only class that was like that. All the other classes were just taken by all music students, both instrumental and vocal, and were taught by one professor. MOST of the professors didn't show favoritism for instrumentalists....it was mostly the one for composition/arrangement. But as far as the students themselves went, we never had any functions all together. We had classes together, but outside of class we mostly didn't mix.
Kindly remind me what college you attended.
I went to West Chester University in Pennsylvania

StarWarsGirl

Youre that insane of a driver? :p
Lol, nope. I'm the one people end up flying around on the Beltway because I refuse to drive more than 65.

The first time he rode with me, we were all out and my mom had him switch places with me for the 20 minute drive home. Not kidding, man sweated through his shirt so it was completely soaked on the way home. This was back roads, nice sunny day, I'd been driving for about three months, and I didn't do anything wrong. After that, my mom said she was going to teach me because he was so ridiculous. And he didn't. Hasn't been in the car with me driving since before I got my license.

MySmallWorldof4

Lol, nope. I'm the one people end up flying around on the Beltway because I refuse to drive more than 65.

The first time he rode with me, we were all out and my mom had him switch places with me for the 20 minute drive home. Not kidding, man sweated through his shirt so it was completely soaked on the way home. This was back roads, nice sunny day, I'd been driving for about three months, and I didn't do anything wrong. After that, my mom said she was going to teach me because he was so ridiculous. And he didn't. Hasn't been in the car with me driving since before I got my license.
I am one of those passing you.:oops::hilarious:

MySmallWorldof4

@MySmallWorldof4 I, too, have gone to the “dark” side. 🤔😜
My eyes are so much happier. I didn't realize that the white background really was hurting my eyes so much. Maybe that is why over the last year, I really noticed a decline in my short distance vision. I know it happens when you get older, but it just seemed to happen too quick over the last year.

Songbird76

Kindly remind me what college you attended.
I went to West Chester University in Pennsylvania
I went to the University of Wyoming. And I just read today that my choir director passed away over the weekend. :cry: He used to say "I'm giving you pearls of wisdom here!" when he'd teach us something new. So many things I remember that he taught me....whenever you repeat the same note in succession, each time it has to be different or it will sound stagnant. You have to keep moving through a long note...keep up the energy. Don't just try, DO it. I will miss him.

Tony the Tigger

My eyes are so much happier. I didn't realize that the white background really was hurting my eyes so much. Maybe that is why over the last year, I really noticed a decline in my short distance vision. I know it happens when you get older, but it just seemed to happen too quick over the last year.

I've noticed that with my own eyes in the last year. They seem to be declining quickly. (Now I have to do that update!)

In the "oh, boy" column: we had 18 solar panels installed over a year ago (it's done via long term loan.) The sales guy sat at our kitchen table and said, "When you do your taxes, you will get a $5K rebate back. When that happens, send it in to us, and that will keep your monthly payments low. (Current monthly payments are about $80. Our old electric bill was $145 or so and is now usually zero or near zero. In March, payments would go up to $150 if we don't send them the $5K and reamortize the loan.)

I file extensions most years for our Federal taxes, so they're due tomorrow, and being me, I'm just finishing up today.

Turns out that's not how it works.

It's not a rebate, it's a credit. You don't get a check for $5K, you get a credit of 30% of the total price (which in our case is actually more than that.) However: you don't get it all at once. It covers your current tax liability, and then the rest rolls over to next year. So we're getting less than $2K, and another $6K is rolling over (and we likely wouldn't get that much next year, either, even if we do our taxes early - like February before the payments go up.)

I thought I was 100% clear that it was exactly $5K and did not get split up.

The reason I'm telling you this: don't believe BS Solar installers. Oh, yes, there will be complaints all over the place. Here's my first one! Specifically avoid: Sun-Tech based in the Tampa area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom