The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

I'm watching the new Aladdin (which I've seen) but my thought... didn't the Genie not really grant Aladdin's wish to become a price? I mean, a prince is attached to a country/kingdom. There was a fake kingdom, so he was actually a fake prince, not a real one. Or should Aladdin have been more specific??? Also, why is Jafar kind of hot in this one? Still sinister, but also hot?

Tony the Tigger

I'm guessing this may not be a long term thing, but B got a job today. 💓

It was actually a place where he interviewed several weeks ago, not sure if I mentioned it. It's a local restaurant with a bar that happens to be connected to the hotel where I have participated as a dealer in a record shows.

A headhunter sent him there back then; and he interviewed with a young guy, never heard back.

The headhunter called him back last night wondering what was up because the owner still needed someone. Brian immediately called the owner and set up an interview for this morning. This was the first time they met. The interview was brief, and he was hired.

The twist: the guy who interviewed him first may be on the chopping block. That guy "lost" B's paperwork. He knows something is up, and the owner suggested Brian "lay low" in the beginning. Great - more drama.

🤨

Seems like the other guy may be training his replacement. The owner opened a second location (more "upscale," I think he said, in Miami) and is spending a lot of time there.

He is starting tomorrow. One good thing is they close at 11 or midnight most nights rather than 2am, and 1am on weekends.

Starting salary is decent, not outstanding, but steady work, at least what he was making at the stadium before the July promotion. But supposedly a $5K raise after 90 days, and a shot at a bonus if they hit their projected numbers. I don't know details of any benefits yet (presuming there are benefits, he'll find out tomorrow.) Fairly significant downside: it's 6 days a week, and I don't know how long those days are expected to be. ETA: Honestly, I think that's the main thing that's keeping me from sounding more excited in this post lol.

Regardless, we're grateful to stop the bleeding, it's been a full 2 months now. He can always keep looking while working, but for all we know, it could take another 2 months or longer to find something viable. So this is a big relief for both of us.

Cesar R M

I didn’t want to take up a post in your tr thread. I just looked at pictures of one of the new rooms at Movies. I like white myself, but aside from a maybe 12” x36 “ headboard picture, the room decor is sparse. Here are pics I found.
View attachment 416954View attachment 416955View attachment 416956View attachment 416957
Aside from a bit of green paint in the bath area, and the one picture, there is no color at all. It is just cold. Not even an area rug. I get that it is easy to keep a vinyl floor clean, but they could put in an indoor/outdoor area rug that is easy to clean. They make plenty now that are actually nice and have a comfortable underfoot feel. I just don’t see anything inviting. Granted you are just sleeping there. I get that, it is just that it is Disney, and I want to know that I am at Disney when I stay there. Like I said, that could be a Best Western, or a Quality Inn anywhere. That’s just my opinion. Don’t hate me. ;)
This is actually the "modern" look that many express hotels have started to change to in the late 2010's towards the 2020's.
No more rugs. Flood paneling, a big contrast of whites and dark woods.
I've seen a few hotels in Mexico City and Cancun moving to this style.

Tony the Tigger

Ok. Recommendation. If you are ever blessed with the opportunity to go to Typhoon at night....GO!!!!!

View attachment 417040

View attachment 417041

View attachment 417042

I will post more on the Dorian as not to clog this place

That was always the best part of Gay Days - the “Beach Ball” at TL. Slides at night with drinks and a DJ. 💕

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That was always the best part of Gay Days - the “Beach Ball” at TL. Slides at night with drinks and a DJ. 💕

It is a totally different experience. Long ago before it was the norm I was able to experience AK at night. Some places like even the World Showcase comes alive at night. The WS was better at night long ago but still the night lights of all these places including the Coronado transformation is charming.

MySmallWorldof4

It was actually a place where he interviewed several weeks ago, not sure if I mentioned it. It's a local restaurant with a bar that happens to be connected to the hotel where I have participated as a dealer in a record shows.

A headhunter sent him there back then; and he interviewed with a young guy, never heard back.

The headhunter called him back last night wondering what was up because the owner still needed someone. Brian immediately called the owner and set up an interview for this morning. This was the first time they met. The interview was brief, and he was hired.

The twist: the guy who interviewed him first may be on the chopping block. That guy "lost" B's paperwork. He knows something is up, and the owner suggested Brian "lay low" in the beginning. Great - more drama.

🤨

Seems like the other guy may be training his replacement. The owner opened a second location (more "upscale," I think he said, in Miami) and is spending a lot of time there.

He is starting tomorrow. One good thing is they close at 11 or midnight most nights rather than 2am, and 1am on weekends.

Starting salary is decent, not outstanding, but steady work, at least what he was making at the stadium before the July promotion. But supposedly a $5K raise after 90 days, and a shot at a bonus if they hit their projected numbers. I don't know details of any benefits yet (presuming there are benefits, he'll find out tomorrow.) Fairly significant downside: it's 6 days a week, and I don't know how long those days are expected to be. ETA: Honestly, I think that's the main thing that's keeping me from sounding more excited in this post lol.

Regardless, we're grateful to stop the bleeding, it's been a full 2 months now. He can always keep looking while working, but for all we know, it could take another 2 months or longer to find something viable. So this is a big relief for both of us.
Congratulations! I hope this works out, and at least be something of a bridge towards finding a better position elsewhere.

MySmallWorldof4

This is actually the "modern" look that many express hotels have started to change to in the late 2010's towards the 2020's.
Yes, I have seen the same look which is why I said it doesn’t set Disney apart now from those hotels. I am fine with that look elsewhere, although I have seen more artwork and splashes of color on walls at other hotels. It is just missing something for me.

Rista1313

🤨

Congrats on him getting a new job... even if it might only be temporary and drama filled, at least it will lighten the burden a bit.... stress can do bad things!

MinnieM123

Premium Member

🤨

Overall, I think this sounds very positive for B! Congrats to him, and I know he'll do a good job, considering his background experience. Nice also, that it's not too far from home, either. (Commuting always adds to the length of the work day. )

Even if it's 6 days, perhaps down the road when he's really established there, he can perhaps trim back a smidge -- even 5 1/2 days, for example. He'll get to know his staff, and who would pitch in for him. That person could make a little more money, on those days. Just a thought, but I do know that getting the job is the main step in the right direction. Happy for him (and you, too, Mr. Tony!!!) :):)

P.S.: Sometimes when a job appears to be short term, it often turns into long-term. I've witnessed this many times in my years of working. They bring someone in who turns out to be an asset, and then they "find" the money to continue to keep the person on long-term. Hang in there.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Minimalist isn't horrible, but it's not that difficult for the designers to add at least one touch of color to "warm" up the guest room -- making it more inviting. (Example of more welcoming room below --stock photo below from Bing) --

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

Ok. Recommendation. If you are ever blessed with the opportunity to go to Typhoon at night....GO!!!!!

View attachment 417040

View attachment 417041

View attachment 417042

I will post more on the Dorian as not to clog this place

We went a few years ago for a DVC event. It was awesome.

We went to one of the DVC nights at MK this year. It was FANTASTIC. Five minute wait for Space Mountain. Special fireworks. It was so, so great.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
How is it that if you find a brand of clothing that you like, that not everything in that brand fits the same? I measure according to the size charts, and a few things I bought were too big, and I had to mail them back. But, 4 months ago, I bought a few things and those were too small, so I went up a size. Now, the "up" size is too big on a few things, I just bought last week.

No, I didn't lose any weight. I hate clothes buying--frustrating. :banghead: (I supposed the post office and UPS both appreciate my business though . . . :facepalm: )

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
How is it that if you find a brand of clothing that you like, that not everything in that brand fits the same? I measure according to the size charts, and a few things I bought were too big, and I had to mail them back. But, 4 months ago, I bought a few things and those were too small, so I went up a size. Now, the "up" size is too big on a few things, I just bought last week.

No, I didn't lose any weight. I hate clothes buying--frustrating. :banghead: (I supposed the post office and UPS both appreciate my business though . . . :facepalm: )

I feel your frustration. I wish I was as talented as @figmentfan423 and I could make my own clothes and avoid that frustration. With that being said, either this weekend or next I am going shopping for some new pants and I'm not looking forward to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom