The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

I received good news also. My daughter's HS Senior Class is having a fundraiser @ the chain restaurant called Houlihan's. Mrs. Steve is interested so I'm eating out tonight :)
A Houlihan's on Long Island is where Dh and I had our first date back in Dec '93. :inlove: How long has the Houlihan's been open in Brick? I don't remember there being one in Brick. The closest one to us now is in Hershey. We don't go very often anymore sadly. Have a great night tonight!
My youngest's cheer team has a Chipotle fundraiser tonight. That is what we are getting for dinner.;)

SteveBrickNJ

A Houlihan's on Long Island is where Dh and I had our first date back in Dec '93. :inlove: How long has the Houlihan's been open in Brick? I don't remember there being one in Brick. The closest one to us now is in Hershey. We don't go very often anymore sadly. Have a great night tonight!
My youngest's cheer team has a Chipotle fundraiser tonight. That is what we are getting for dinner.;)
There is a shopping center on Route 70 just before Brick ends and Lakewood begins. Costco is in there, The Christmas Tree Store, Staples, A Sporting Goods Store, etc. Houlihan's is in the front of the plaza close to Route 70. Maybe the plaza has been there 10 years or so?? I forget. Enjoy Chipotle☺

21stamps

500th post of the day.,

Just ran to Party City to get a costume for T.
he looks at all of the costumes and says “I just want to wear my same costume from last year, it still fits... but I do need a scythe this year.” He kept saying he was “sure”, so all we bought was a scythe.

Ummm... I guess I should be happy at the money saved? 🤣. What kid wants to be the same costume 2 years in a row????

MySmallWorldof4

500th post of the day.,

Just ran to Party City to get a costume for T.
he looks at all of the costumes and says “I just want to wear my same costume from last year, it still fits... but I do need a scythe this year.” He kept saying he was “sure”, so all we bought was a scythe.

Ummm... I guess I should be happy at the money saved? 🤣. What kid wants to be the same costume 2 years in a row????
My kids were easy too. The two oldest are done. Youngest wanted to be a unicorn. We got a headband from Amazon. She also wanted a dress with unicorns on it and not a costume. So got a dress on Amazon as well. 12 year old dd wants to be a black cat. She made her own headband. We bought a black dress on Amazon that has yet to arrive.:banghead: She is going to add a tail on it.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I didn’t want to take up a post in your tr thread. I just looked at pictures of one of the new rooms at Movies. I like white myself, but aside from a maybe 3x36 “ headboard picture, the room decor is sparse. Here are pics I found.
View attachment 416954View attachment 416955View attachment 416956View attachment 416957
Aside from a bit of green paint in the bath area, and the one picture, there is no color at all. It is just cold. Not even an area rug. I get that it is easy to keep a vinyl floor clean, but they could put in an indoor/outdoor area rug that is easy to clean. They make plenty now that are actually nice and have a comfortable underfoot feel. I just don’t see anything inviting. Granted you are just sleeping there. I get that, it is just that it is Disney, and I want to know that I am at Disney when I stay there. Like I said, that could be a Best Western, or a Quality Inn anywhere. That’s just my opinion. Don’t hate me. ;)

I agree -- minimalist/barren. (Perhaps it looks better in person? Sometimes you can't tell by photos.) Although I will say that a lot of the newer renovations by WDW have been way too streamlined, for my tastes. :cautious:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

I hope you had fun. My sister and I did the dolphin experience at Dolphin Cove in Jamaica as well and we had a blast. I hope you got to eat some good jerk chicken in Jamaica too.

Rista1313

Good Grief this past 24 hours has been a whirlwind of emotions. Hubby had plans to go to Missouri for a thing for his pipe club, and his ride backed out (dh can't drive because of his medications) and I had made train tickets for Saturday to meet my BFF in Chicago to spend the day with her before she does the Chicago Marathon on Sunday(crazy person). So because his ride backed out, I thought I was going to have to cancel my BFF day and drive him. Only I would have to ask my MIL to borrow her car, because I wouldn't want to put those miles on my lease.

Fast forward to this afternoon, both Scott and unreliable guy are riding with another guy and his wife, and I can still go to Chicago for the day. It only cost me an extra night of hotel for hubby in Missouri.

Crisis averted.

Tony the Tigger

Good Grief this past 24 hours has been a whirlwind of emotions. Hubby had plans to go to Missouri for a thing for his pipe club, and his ride backed out (dh can't drive because of his medications) and I had made train tickets for Saturday to meet my BFF in Chicago to spend the day with her before she does the Chicago Marathon on Sunday(crazy person). So because his ride backed out, I thought I was going to have to cancel my BFF day and drive him. Only I would have to ask my MIL to borrow her car, because I wouldn't want to put those miles on my lease.

Fast forward to this afternoon, both Scott and unreliable guy are riding with another guy and his wife, and I can still go to Chicago for the day. It only cost me an extra night of hotel for hubby in Missouri.

Crisis averted.

For a split second I read it as you were planning to go see your BF in Chicago while your DH was away!

🤭😮🍿

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom