The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Ugh, yeah, I was not a fan of the play. The characters didn't seem like themselves, they did things I don't think the characters would do. It read like bad fan fiction to me. I hadn't heard anything about this, though.
I wish they would just focus on the Fantastic Beast films. Harry never would have acted the way he did in that play. Didn’t the play writers read the last scene in book 7?

Tony the Tigger

Congratulations! I hope this works out, and at least be something of a bridge towards finding a better position elsewhere.

Updates from yesterday: apparently no benefits. Previous manager worked 6 x 12 hour days, B did 8 yesterday just training. Owner checked in with Brian afterwards to see how he felt, and confirmed he would like to let the other guy go by early next week.

perhaps down the road when he's really established there, he can perhaps trim back a smidge -- even 5 1/2 days, for example. He'll get to know his staff, and who would pitch in for him.

That’s what I was thinking as well.

and then they "find" the money

This was mentioned last night in the context of another manager starting years ago at $28K (he is starting higher by a meaningful amount) and ending up near $100K before she left. He said, “the money is there, we just have to see what you can do.”

Day two. We’ll see!

MySmallWorldof4

Updates from yesterday: apparently no benefits. Previous manager worked 6 x 12 hour days, B did 8 yesterday just training. Owner checked in with Brian afterwards to see how he felt, and confirmed he would like to let the other guy go by early next week.

That’s what I was thinking as well.

This was mentioned last night in the context of another manager starting years ago at $28K (he is starting higher by a meaningful amount) and ending up near $100K before she left. He said, “the money is there, we just have to see what you can do.”

Day two. We’ll see!
Crossing fingers. How do you get your health benefits? Is the an organization through the record store business that offers something?

Figgy1

Premium Member
500th post of the day.,

Just ran to Party City to get a costume for T.
he looks at all of the costumes and says “I just want to wear my same costume from last year, it still fits... but I do need a scythe this year.” He kept saying he was “sure”, so all we bought was a scythe.

Ummm... I guess I should be happy at the money saved? 🤣. What kid wants to be the same costume 2 years in a row????
My older ds got 2 years out of his M&M costume, James got 2 years and a SWW out of his Padawan costume and 2 years out of his ghoul costume and a little girl in our neighborhood got 2 years out of her Elsa costume and looked quite happy. I guess it depends on how cool the costume is

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm guessing this may not be a long term thing, but B got a job today. 💓

It was actually a place where he interviewed several weeks ago, not sure if I mentioned it. It's a local restaurant with a bar that happens to be connected to the hotel where I have participated as a dealer in a record shows.

A headhunter sent him there back then; and he interviewed with a young guy, never heard back.

The headhunter called him back last night wondering what was up because the owner still needed someone. Brian immediately called the owner and set up an interview for this morning. This was the first time they met. The interview was brief, and he was hired.

The twist: the guy who interviewed him first may be on the chopping block. That guy "lost" B's paperwork. He knows something is up, and the owner suggested Brian "lay low" in the beginning. Great - more drama.

🤨

Seems like the other guy may be training his replacement. The owner opened a second location (more "upscale," I think he said, in Miami) and is spending a lot of time there.

He is starting tomorrow. One good thing is they close at 11 or midnight most nights rather than 2am, and 1am on weekends.

Starting salary is decent, not outstanding, but steady work, at least what he was making at the stadium before the July promotion. But supposedly a $5K raise after 90 days, and a shot at a bonus if they hit their projected numbers. I don't know details of any benefits yet (presuming there are benefits, he'll find out tomorrow.) Fairly significant downside: it's 6 days a week, and I don't know how long those days are expected to be. ETA: Honestly, I think that's the main thing that's keeping me from sounding more excited in this post lol.

Regardless, we're grateful to stop the bleeding, it's been a full 2 months now. He can always keep looking while working, but for all we know, it could take another 2 months or longer to find something viable. So this is a big relief for both of us.
Prayers and pixie dust it all sorts out in his favor xoxo

Figgy1

Premium Member
How is it that if you find a brand of clothing that you like, that not everything in that brand fits the same? I measure according to the size charts, and a few things I bought were too big, and I had to mail them back. But, 4 months ago, I bought a few things and those were too small, so I went up a size. Now, the "up" size is too big on a few things, I just bought last week.

No, I didn't lose any weight. I hate clothes buying--frustrating. :banghead: (I supposed the post office and UPS both appreciate my business though . . . :facepalm: )
I feel your frustration. I wish I was as talented as @figmentfan423 and I could make my own clothes and avoid that frustration. With that being said, either this weekend or next I am going shopping for some new pants and I'm not looking forward to it.
It's frustration not talent that has me making my own clothes. It's even worse when you're not a common size!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
THE WORST... I usually end up so upset!

Jeans or slacks?

Jeans, the last time I ordered from Woman Within, they are affordable and I'm happy with them... I don't own slacks anymore.... I own leggings and dresses to go over the leggings (with pockets)
Jeans are the one item I haven't had to make yet. It' so unfair clothes from the children's and men's departments are much ore standardized:cautious::rolleyes::bawling::arghh::cautious::rolleyes::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom