The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

You look like your mom. Love her feathered hair.

that entire picture is so ‘70s 😂
..possibly early 80s. I’m not exactly sure of the year.. but I look 3 or 4 in the pic.

These are my favorites- especially the 1st photo.. before my mom decided to get me a horrible bowel cut. (Can you tell I’m still scarred by that hairstyle? 🤣)

2757A0CE-EAE3-4B74-BEA2-6121A824790E.jpeg36C9E7A4-55BD-4EEC-BB0B-4B747DF8CBEF.jpeg

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

that entire picture is so ‘70s 😂
..possibly early 80s. I’m not exactly sure of the year.. but I look 3 or 4 in the pic.

These are my favorites- especially the 1st photo.. before my mom decided to get me a horrible bowel cut. (Can you tell I’m still scarred by that hairstyle? 🤣)

View attachment 416791View attachment 416792
Beautiful pictures. Bowl cuts were definitely in in the mid to late 70’s. I think you meant bowl and not bowel cut. Bowel cuts would literally be painful. :hilarious:

SteveBrickNJ

@SteveBrickNJ

Me, as a little kid, in Jersey. My mom just shared this on FB. She’s the one in the denim short shorts.

Really sad that everyone else in this photo is deceased now,.. but I have so many wonderful childhood memories with them! :)

...with the exception of my bowel cut.😡;)

View attachment 416775
Cool! That scene really looks similar to photos from my childhood. Different people of course....but the clothes...the car...the house in the background seem typical of that era.
Thanks for sharing your memory with me :)

StarWarsGirl

Omg. One of my mom's friends called on the house line. I'm home sick and Mom wasn't home, so the friend talked to me for a bit. I used to be friends with her daughter as a teen, but now we're nothing more than Facebook friends.

So the friend tried to say, "Oh, why don't you reach out to A again?" Hmm. Possibly because I thought she was selfish, self-absorbed, and just not a nice person when we were teens and I don't think much has changed based on her current behavior and the minimal contact we've had since then? I didn't say that, just politely said we've kept in touch through Facebook, but she blocked me on Instagram for some reason, but that she didn't seem to want to get in touch.

Woman went on and on for about fifteen minutes about what a wonderful person her daughter is. This is the same girl who got kicked out of her parents' house, then later pet sat for them and had a party at their house without their permission. So ya know, real prize.

I just politely said that her daughter was more than welcome to get in touch with me, but since she blocked me on Instagram and barely talks to me on FB, even when I like/comment on her pics of her cats, I'm not sure she wants me to reach out either. And then she kept going on and on until finally my mom walked in the door. I kept her on speaker for a few more minutes and let my mom hear it before there was finally a gap and I was like, "Oh hey, you wanted to talk to my mom?"

Ugh. A and I are both in our twenties; no way do either of us need her mommy begging us to become friends again.

Cesar R M

Omg. One of my mom's friends called on the house line. I'm home sick and Mom wasn't home, so the friend talked to me for a bit. I used to be friends with her daughter as a teen, but now we're nothing more than Facebook friends.

So the friend tried to say, "Oh, why don't you reach out to A again?" Hmm. Possibly because I thought she was selfish, self-absorbed, and just not a nice person when we were teens and I don't think much has changed based on her current behavior and the minimal contact we've had since then? I didn't say that, just politely said we've kept in touch through Facebook, but she blocked me on Instagram for some reason, but that she didn't seem to want to get in touch.

Woman went on and on for about fifteen minutes about what a wonderful person her daughter is. This is the same girl who got kicked out of her parents' house, then later pet sat for them and had a party at their house without their permission. So ya know, real prize.

I just politely said that her daughter was more than welcome to get in touch with me, but since she blocked me on Instagram and barely talks to me on FB, even when I like/comment on her pics of her cats, I'm not sure she wants me to reach out either. And then she kept going on and on until finally my mom walked in the door. I kept her on speaker for a few more minutes and let my mom hear it before there was finally a gap and I was like, "Oh hey, you wanted to talk to my mom?"

Ugh. A and I are both in our twenties; no way do either of us need her mommy begging us to become friends again.
Sounds like the one who "needs" the relationship is A's and her mom is doing all the job.

21stamps

had a party at their house without their permission

I mean, hasn’t everyone done this at some point? ;). I did it when I was in high school and my parents were out of town.. totally thought I got away with it... until a neighbor told on a me a week after my parents got home.
I got grounded for a month as a result.

In all seriousness, people do change after high school. Maybe check her FB and see if she has different interests now. Sounds like you do share a live for cats!
Or, maybe she’s still a selfish jerk, and don’t bother reaching out.
people can go either way.lol

wdwfan4ver

I wonder if this varies from state to state. I know when we went for apartment insurance (11 years ago), the insurance agent almost completely denied us coverage, period.

It was because our dog (back at that time) had some German Shepard in her.
I know how part German Shepherd mixes are.

I remembered from the time I was 3 years to seven years old, my parents had a dog that was part German Shepard after Heather died. The dog also was part Collie with the dogs name being Julie.

Julie was not a violent dog at all. The closest was the time was Julie growling at dad due to mistaken him for bugler.

My dad brought Julie besides my mom and I, but he had to get some other stuff. In that amount of time, she became accustom to my mom and I at a time my mom was pregnant with my younger brother.

When my dad came in the house Julie thought my dad was bugler before she recognized my dad as one of her owners by calling her Julie.

Julie was very smart, well behaved, loved to be petted and was a friendly dog.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

I mean, hasn’t everyone done this at some point? ;). I did it when I was in high school and my parents were out of town.. totally thought I got away with it... until a neighbor told on a me a week after my parents got home.
I got grounded for a month as a result.

In all seriousness, people do change after high school. Maybe check her FB and see if she has different interests now. Sounds like you do share a live for cats!
Or, maybe she’s still a selfish jerk, and don’t bother reaching out.
people can go either way.lol
In high school it would have been one thing. She was about 20 when this happened. And didn't live there. They took away her house key because of it.

StarWarsGirl

My oldest might have known the answer to it then. :hilarious:
Category was the American Revolution. It was basically "This pamphlet was written in 1776 in support of Independence."
Common Sense by Thomas Payne.
"I've been reading Common Sense by Thomas Payne. Some men say that I'm intense or I'm insane. You want a revolution; I want a revelation, so listen to my declaration...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom