The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Homeroom is at 7am.
Dismissal is at 1:30pm.
I'm glad MY lunch isn't at 10:15am.
Noon would be perfect....yet I watch 5th grader eat lunch at 12:45pm....lunch duty....so my lunch is at 1:15pm.
Then her 10:15 break time is right in the middle of her day. I always liked having lunch a period before my last class, so I got most of my day done by then. Right now taking a break from our school day so I could eat breakfast. Breakfast at 11. :hilarious: I started at 6am with my ESL kiddos, then hopped to mine after. My kids have some material they are able to do on their own before I start with them. Then I check it after. Hopefully we will get done by 2 today, instead of 3:30 like yesterday.

StarWarsGirl

Well, my dad and I might have to start tag teaming to get B to school.

His bus pickup time got changed from 6:40 to 6:15. Basically, this means he has to get up at 5:45.

It's absurd and he's super cranky because of it. If we tag teamed, with mostly me (because I work on the same street as his school) and my dad on days when I can't do it, then he'd be able to sleep more like until 6:45 with us leaving at 7:15. It would mean I'd have to get up earlier, but my gosh, 6:15? That's absurd and I'd do it.

93boomer

Premium Member
Well, my dad and I might have to start tag teaming to get B to school.

His bus pickup time got changed from 6:40 to 6:15. Basically, this means he has to get up at 5:45.

It's absurd and he's super cranky because of it. If we tag teamed, with mostly me (because I work on the same street as his school) and my dad on days when I can't do it, then he'd be able to sleep more like until 6:45 with us leaving at 7:15. It would mean I'd have to get up earlier, but my gosh, 6:15? That's absurd and I'd do it.
That time is just crazy for kids. Poor kids have to go to bed the night before by 8. We have two busses that run here. One is for the elementary school and runs around 7:15. The other bus is for high school. It runs around 7:25. School starts at 8:15. I always took our DD to school. She could sleep later, and still get to class on time.

StarWarsGirl

That time is just crazy for kids. Poor kids have to go to bed the night before by 8. We have two busses that run here. One is for the elementary school and runs around 7:15. The other bus is for high school. It runs around 7:25. School starts at 8:15. I always took our DD to school. She could sleep later, and still get to class on time.
Yup. And that's the thing about teenagers: they don't go to sleep at 8. Physically they can't do it. B usually comes home and takes a nap, but on days that he has soccer practice, he can't do that.

He's always wanted to ride the bus; I think he likes the downtime, but he was horribly cranky this morning.

My dad and I could tag team where I'd take him some days and then my dad would take him on days I'm remote or have something else going on. We both work in the same zip code as the school, so it's no issue.

93boomer

Premium Member
Yup. And that's the thing about teenagers: they don't go to sleep at 8. Physically they can't do it. B usually comes home and takes a nap, but on days that he has soccer practice, he can't do that.

He's always wanted to ride the bus; I think he likes the downtime, but he was horribly cranky this morning.

My dad and I could tag team where I'd take him some days and then my dad would take him on days I'm remote or have something else going on. We both work in the same zip code as the school, so it's no issue.
Yeah my DD would never have been able to go to sleep by 8. If it was light outside, there is no way. And when she was in high school, she had homework usually until around 11. There was no such thing as early bedtime.
The bad thing with the busses here is the long routes. The elementary bus that I mentioned earlier doesn't get home until almost 4 pm. They get out at 2:45. I was always able to take and pick up our DD thank goodness. Her schools were all within 5-15 mts from home.

StarWarsGirl

Yeah my DD would never have been able to go to sleep by 8. If it was light outside, there is no way. And when she was in high school, she had homework usually until around 11. There was no such thing as early bedtime.
The bad thing with the busses here is the long routes. The elementary bus that I mentioned earlier doesn't get home until almost 4 pm. They get out at 2:45. I was always able to take and pick up our DD thank goodness. Her schools were all within 5-15 mts from home.
Thankfully with the special education program B is in, he doesn't have to do more than about ten minutes of homework, and most of the time he doesn't have any homework. But he still doesn't want to go to bed that early.

I remember those days of all that homework. Used to stay up until 10 doing homework, then have an hour or so of downtime before going to sleep. I look back on it now and realize my homework load in college was more reasonable. That's just insane.
Edit: Used to have days where I'd sit out from PE because of my asthma. Loved those days; I used to get homework done for other classes during gym. Oh, and then sometimes I did homework during lunch. I told people I had better things to do at home.

93boomer

Premium Member
Thankfully with the special education program B is in, he doesn't have to do more than about ten minutes of homework, and most of the time he doesn't have any homework. But he still doesn't want to go to bed that early.

I remember those days of all that homework. Used to stay up until 10 doing homework, then have an hour or so of downtime before going to sleep. I look back on it now and realize my homework load in college was more reasonable. That's just insane.
Oh that's good. It is just ridiculous how much homework our DD did back then. I have talked to the neighborhood kids, and they don't have much either these days. They all get time to do it in class.
We struggled going through some of those AP math courses with our DD. At least if she had gotten to do it in class, she could have had help and understood it better. And I wouldn't have been so stressed.

StarWarsGirl

Oh that's good. It is just ridiculous how much homework our DD did back then. I have talked to the neighborhood kids, and they don't have much either these days. They all get time to do it in class.
We struggled going through some of those AP math courses with our DD. At least if she had gotten to do it in class, she could have had help and understood it better. And I wouldn't have been so stressed.
Oh gosh, AP world history was the worst. Hours of homework at night. That was my only AP class, the rest were honors, but it was horrible The next year I dropped all of my APs minus Spanish and English because Spanish 5 was an AP and they dropped the English class I was in for l. Then Senior year I bumped back up and took AP economics, English, and Spanish. That wasn't too bad. AP economics I understood incredibly well. Which is funny because now I'm in finance. Although you could tell I slacked off because on the Microeconomics exam, which was covered during the first half of the year, I got a 5, and then for Macro I got a 4. Err...whoops:hilarious:.

Cesar R M

Rant time!

Second AC at my house burned down.
Same error as my mother's.
That is 3 panasonic inverters dying in the span of 6 months.

I swear Panasonic is the Apple of A/C Units.
less than a year out of guarantee and they started to die like fleas one after the other.
Worst part is the extended guarantee is for the inverter, not the electronics.
And the electronics cost almost as much as a new a/C unit.

StarWarsGirl

The Valravn looks like some crazy ride! Is it pronounced "Val- Raven"? I would not have the guts to go on it though after my bad experience last month at Hershey Park on Skyrush.

The worst part about Skyrush is the restraints. They really need to be shoulder restraints. I'd be less freaked out during it if I felt like I was attached to the seat by more than just my thighs. Also, your thighs get a very nice beating on it.

StarWarsGirl

Rant time!

less than a year out of guarantee and they started to die like fleas one after the other.
*Burned out, not burned down.

Burned down means completely destroyed, burned out means just broken.

In other news, English is a weird language.

MySmallWorldof4

The worst part about Skyrush is the restraints. They really need to be shoulder restraints. I'd be less freaked out during it if I felt like I was attached to the seat by more than just my thighs. Also, your thighs get a very nice beating on it.
Yes! It needs shoulder restraints or the type that @21stamps picture shows of Valravn. Looks like your chest area is secured to the seat. I would also be happy with head bumpers.

MySmallWorldof4

Rant time!

I find many electronic thingies die quickly after their warranties expire.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom