• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

SonIL flew out to No Cal this mornin’ with his Facebook managers for another 2 weeks.
The girls (both DDs and Emy) will fly out Friday afternoon to join him.
Youngest DD (Sarah) will fly back Sunday to be back teaching her class Monday mornin’.
Oldest DD (Megan) and Emy will fly back with SonIL (Daniel) the following weekend...!!! :)
Hope they have a fun time and a safe trip!

93boomer

Don’t blink...!!! ;)
Our DDs share a birthday...!!! :)
A very happy birthday to her, and a very happy early anniversary to y’all...!!! :)
Hope y’all enjoy/enjoyed (is that part of the big day today or Friday...? :cyclops:;)) dinner and the movie...!!! :)
Thank you! I did get to talk to Dd and she had a wonderful day. We rarely get to see her on her actual birthday since she and SIL live 4 hours away.
Yes our anniversary is on Friday. He actually is off for the day. Usually it falls on a day he can’t get off, but that was his scheduled Friday.
Dinner and Downton on Friday was how I wanted to celebrate 😜

SteveBrickNJ

That is what I buy for my kids, although it doesn’t get eaten too often. It is just for emergencies. ;)
I like it once a week. It breaks up the pattern of rotating various sandwiches. DD takes it to school in an effective thermal container. She eats lunch at her HS at 10:15am!
I bring it to my school job in glassware and I reheat it in the microwave at 1:15pm.

MySmallWorldof4

I like it once a week. It breaks up the pattern of rotating various sandwiches. DD takes it to school in an effective thermal container. She eats lunch at her HS at 10:15am!
I bring it to my school job in glassware and I reheat it in the microwave at 1:15pm.
Lunch at 10:15? They should just call it mealtime and not lunchtime. When is her school day finished?

MySmallWorldof4

Homeroom is at 7am.
Dismissal is at 1:30pm.
I'm glad MY lunch isn't at 10:15am.
Noon would be perfect....yet I watch 5th grader eat lunch at 12:45pm....lunch duty....so my lunch is at 1:15pm.
Then her 10:15 break time is right in the middle of her day. I always liked having lunch a period before my last class, so I got most of my day done by then. Right now taking a break from our school day so I could eat breakfast. Breakfast at 11. :hilarious: I started at 6am with my ESL kiddos, then hopped to mine after. My kids have some material they are able to do on their own before I start with them. Then I check it after. Hopefully we will get done by 2 today, instead of 3:30 like yesterday.

StarWarsGirl

Well, my dad and I might have to start tag teaming to get B to school.

His bus pickup time got changed from 6:40 to 6:15. Basically, this means he has to get up at 5:45.

It's absurd and he's super cranky because of it. If we tag teamed, with mostly me (because I work on the same street as his school) and my dad on days when I can't do it, then he'd be able to sleep more like until 6:45 with us leaving at 7:15. It would mean I'd have to get up earlier, but my gosh, 6:15? That's absurd and I'd do it.

93boomer

Well, my dad and I might have to start tag teaming to get B to school.

His bus pickup time got changed from 6:40 to 6:15. Basically, this means he has to get up at 5:45.

It's absurd and he's super cranky because of it. If we tag teamed, with mostly me (because I work on the same street as his school) and my dad on days when I can't do it, then he'd be able to sleep more like until 6:45 with us leaving at 7:15. It would mean I'd have to get up earlier, but my gosh, 6:15? That's absurd and I'd do it.
That time is just crazy for kids. Poor kids have to go to bed the night before by 8. We have two busses that run here. One is for the elementary school and runs around 7:15. The other bus is for high school. It runs around 7:25. School starts at 8:15. I always took our DD to school. She could sleep later, and still get to class on time.

StarWarsGirl

That time is just crazy for kids. Poor kids have to go to bed the night before by 8. We have two busses that run here. One is for the elementary school and runs around 7:15. The other bus is for high school. It runs around 7:25. School starts at 8:15. I always took our DD to school. She could sleep later, and still get to class on time.
Yup. And that's the thing about teenagers: they don't go to sleep at 8. Physically they can't do it. B usually comes home and takes a nap, but on days that he has soccer practice, he can't do that.

He's always wanted to ride the bus; I think he likes the downtime, but he was horribly cranky this morning.

My dad and I could tag team where I'd take him some days and then my dad would take him on days I'm remote or have something else going on. We both work in the same zip code as the school, so it's no issue.

Top Bottom