The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Rant time:

Third confrontation with my boss about "my clarity of communications".
Claims that I should not have used "Original thread" and should have used "Parent thread" (despite even Webster dictionary giving the word "Original" the value the boss wanted).
bunnymund2.png

Told me he "didn't have time" to deal with that and how I should accept my language usage is incorrect. So I should fix my issue accordingly.
Yet, he is the only one having trouble understanding me.
Note that all this confrontation was because the "subtask" I had created for him, didn't have "enough information" (note he says it in a very disrespectful way, like he disdained. Despite all the information being one click away on the "PARENT" thread.)

I'm not amused today.

Last edited:

Rista1313

Rant time:

Claims that I should not have used "Original thread" and should have used "Parent thread" (despite even Webster dictionary giving the word "Original" the value the boss wanted).
View attachment 385811

Told me he "didn't have time" to deal with that and how I should accept my language usage is incorrect. So I should fix my issue accordingly.
Note that all this confrontation was because the "subtask" I had created for him, didn't have "enough information" (note he says it in a very disrespectful way, like he disdained. Despite all the information being one click away on the "PARENT" thread.)

I'm not amused today.

Gotta love bosses who are being a pain. Mines on vacation this week!

Cesar R M

Gotta love bosses who are being a pain. Mines on vacation this week!
And that is not the other issue. In some ways he loves to Micromanage . He pushes us to do certain things and complains or direct us (despite telling that WE are supposed to make everything work. Specially in the area where I am the supposed expert and he knows nothing) and to keep him up to date with reports on everything.
Yet in problems like this.. He claims he has no time to "micro manage" because he has very limited time.

So its like a bipolar person. Sometimes he wants something, sometimes he completely hates that something... and we have no clue what version he is at the moment we have to deliver our reports.

Rista1313

And that is not the other issue. In some ways he loves to Micromanage . He pushes us to do certain things and complains or direct us (despite telling that WE are supposed to make everything work. Specially in the area where I am the supposed expert and he knows nothing) and to keep him up to date with reports on everything.
Yet in problems like this.. He claims he has no time to "micro manage" because he has very limited time.

So its like a bipolar person. Sometimes he wants something, sometimes he completely hates that something... and we have no clue what version he is at the moment we have to deliver our reports.
I swear you are describing my boss!

StarWarsGirl

Rant time:

View attachment 385811

I'm not amused today.
Is this an English speaking boss or a Spanish speaking one? Because if it's an English-speaking boss, he should know that your English is going to be different from native English and to let things go. I mean, they hired you knowing that.

I had a boss who could be like that when I was first working for my old company. I swear she had some sort of language processing issue because she would say one thing and mean another, and then when I would try to make sure I understood her correctly, she'd get mad. She retired; she desperately needed to. Nice lady, but lousy manager. My boss after her was so much better, and my boss now pretty much can't get more laid back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom