The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

SteveBrickNJ

Wear what would be comfortable on the plane for you. I usually wear a pair of yoga/stretchy pants. I think @MinnieM123 has a point about bringing the khaki pants with though. Some places you go might have a dress code for long pants instead of shorts or you might need to look dressy/dressy casual, it might be good to have them with.

The flight is a long one to Japan and then Singapore, do you have a travel pillow? I find them comfortable to use on the plane, I also bring a light blanket as well.
We do have a travel pillow..thanks😉

12in12

Yum, frozen nutella! I had nutella today with my banana for breakfast.
We actually bought a jar of Nutella at the shop here so we could take it down to the breakfast buffet each day since the hotel only has jam. Just for the kids of course, I would never be so undignified as to have a spoonful of Nutella with my coffee...😇😋😗

Last edited:

12in12

I don't know and it does not actually matter. We are only going to have a 3 hour layover in Japan and we will never leave the airport. My focus is on my comfort in the airports but most especially in the plane itself. I think I will wear the Dockers so I am not cold in the plane.
I am in the air and on my way in 40 or so hours. I think I will wear what I already own. 😁😎
Definitely wear long trousers and 2 layers on top. It does get cold on the plane on long flights so you want to be covered. You'll get a thin blanket so no need to bring one.
As for just wearing shorts in hot weather I'm assuming you have checked with your wife if that is appropriate for the region you are staying in. Large parts of Indonesia are conservative Muslim so best to be respectful of local morality and dress appropriately.

SteveBrickNJ

Definitely wear long trousers and 2 layers on top. It does get cold on the plane on long flights so you want to be covered. You'll get a thin blanket so no need to bring one.
As for just wearing shorts in hot weather I'm assuming you have checked with your wife if that is appropriate for the region you are staying in. Large parts of Indonesia are conservative Muslim so best to be respectful of local morality and dress appropriately.
That is very nice of you to take the time to share such helpful thoughts. My sister in law lives in the island(Batam) just a 50 minute Ferry boat ride from Singapore. It has its resortee kind of sections and I see my sister in law's husband and their entire family wearing shorts all the time. Facebook IS such a cool thing. I can "see" them and we can "chat" on the messenging system. All free of charge even though they are on the complete other side of the earth. We are a spoiled generation😉

donaldtoo

It is "shorts weather" for me every day in the summer but being in an airplane doesn't feel like summer. The air conditioning is usually quite generous. So I am thinking since I will be stuck in a plane all the way to Asia....maybe Dockers would be better than shorts. What do you guys do....or think about this?View attachment 385566

Whatever makes you comfortable...!!! :)

The last time I can remember wearing long pants on a flight was the last time we flew back to Texas for summer vacation from No Cal in the early 70’s, before my folks bought our camper.
Those pants would have been Navy blue, and accompanied by a matching blazer, white dress shirt, black dress shoes, and a clip-on tie...in coach...!!!!! :hilarious:
That’s when American Airlines still gave out the metal wings to kiddos...good times...!!!!! :happy:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
WOW! You sure were lucky that didn't hit your car! No trees down in our neighborhood, luckily. We are supposed to get some more rain today and periodically through the rest of the week. But not huge storms.

My DD and I had some running around to do today and we saw some 20 something sugar maples ripped out of the ground and totally intact laying on the ground as if they were waiting to be planted. I saw more today. Me and my truck...still haunting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom