The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

I feel like @figmentfan423 today. Made Naan bread, quinoa and broccoli, roasted purple sweet potatoes, black bean burgers, falafel loaf, cucumber salad, and tzatziki sauce. Hope it lasts for 3 days at least.
How productive of you!!
I had a performance for choir, and it was outside, and it was an all afternoon thing, so I ended up getting overheated and I feel pretty blech now. It was in the 90s, and while we were in the shade most of the time, there was no indoor area, and I went through 4 bottles of water, and I was still dehydrated. I checked my temp now, and it's a bit high...it's just too hot and I can't cool down!

Figgy1

Premium Member
How productive of you!!
I had a performance for choir, and it was outside, and it was an all afternoon thing, so I ended up getting overheated and I feel pretty blech now. It was in the 90s, and while we were in the shade most of the time, there was no indoor area, and I went through 4 bottles of water, and I was still dehydrated. I checked my temp now, and it's a bit high...it's just too hot and I can't cool down!
{{HUGS}} stay hydrated and send me any extra heat you have

Songbird76

{{HUGS}} stay hydrated and send me any extra heat you have
I'm trying to send it all your way! My body just can't take it. I get a headache, and I get nauseated....I drank so much water, but apparently I'm sweating it all out faster than my body can replace it. I've got my cooling towel right now, and the fan is going, and I keep drinking fluids, but it's over 80 degrees in my house still, so those aren't doing much. I used sunscreen and reapplied, so I'm not sunburned, but my face is so red. Have you maybe got a way of drawing the heat your way?

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm trying to send it all your way! My body just can't take it. I get a headache, and I get nauseated....I drank so much water, but apparently I'm sweating it all out faster than my body can replace it. I've got my cooling towel right now, and the fan is going, and I keep drinking fluids, but it's over 80 degrees in my house still, so those aren't doing much. I used sunscreen and reapplied, so I'm not sunburned, but my face is so red. Have you maybe got a way of drawing the heat your way?
Believe me I'm trying to take it. Sending chilly thoughts, stay safe my friend

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I feel like @figmentfan423 today. Made Naan bread, quinoa and broccoli, roasted purple sweet potatoes, black bean burgers, falafel loaf, cucumber salad, and tzatziki sauce. Hope it lasts for 3 days at least.

That's a bit more involved than what I'm making for dinner today.

I'm barbecuing hot dogs and corn on the grill. :hungry: Kinda like having the 4th of July cookout today. :joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

When I get overheated (when it's high humidity/like in mid-summer hot weather stretches) I also get headaches. Water helps and staying in the shade, or A/C, but also taking an aspirin or Advil really seems to help as well.

wdwfan4ver

@ajrwdwgirl welcome home. Are you getting slammed by these storms too. This afternoon has been nasty.
I had to deal with sounds of thunder earlier in the after and it is the same storm system that is in Illinois. The weather is mild right now in the part of Wisconsin I live in.

I have a little bit of an idea in Illinois due to what I seen on tv for the Chicagoland Speedway race track located in Joliet, Illinois.

Race is under red flag due to weather. The clouds were very black and saw lightning very close to race track on tv screen. The winds are very strong by the race track also with at least 3 car covers blew off after race teams put car covers on race cars.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom