The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

12in12

That is very nice of you to take the time to share such helpful thoughts. My sister in law lives in the island(Batam) just a 50 minute Ferry boat ride from Singapore. It has its resortee kind of sections and I see my sister in law's husband and their entire family wearing shorts all the time. Facebook IS such a cool thing. I can "see" them and we can "chat" on the messenging system. All free of charge even though they are on the complete other side of the earth. We are a spoiled generation😉
Technology has made certain things much easier. I message my brother in Australia almost every day and talk to his kids on a regular basis. We use WhatsApp, it's free and easy to use and you can even make video or phone calls.

12in12

I let my 14 year old nephew choose where we were going for lunch today, he chose McDonald's. :rolleyes:
He's not exactly adventurous however they do have a few different things on the menu here at McDonald's like chicken and rice or fried egg.
They also had this.
IMG_20190702_131659.jpg
Of course I had to try Cream Cheese Coffee, how could I not?
IMG_20190702_130149.jpg

The cream cheese was a bit salty and the ice coffee very sweet but it wasn't a terrible combination. Mean aunty that I am I made my nephew try some as well, he agreed it wasn't as terrible as he thought it would be.

MySmallWorldof4

It is "shorts weather" for me every day in the summer but being in an airplane doesn't feel like summer. The air conditioning is usually quite generous. So I am thinking since I will be stuck in a plane all the way to Asia....maybe Dockers would be better than shorts. What do you guys do....or think about this?View attachment 385566
I agree.

MySmallWorldof4

Me too... just today I have fried two eggs, and put peanut butter on a Cinnamon Raisin Bagel, bought a pre-made Italian Sub (small) and took some yogurt out of the refrigerator. I'm thinking it is time for a nap. Whewwwwww! I have spent all day standing next a cold stove. Tonight I am going to boil water while cooking up some mostaccioli, pour half a jar of Ragu sauce in a pan and heat that up, cut up a single Italian sausage to put in the sauce, and probably scoop out a bit of Rocky Road Ice Cream, if I still have the energy. I'm looking at an early bedtime.

That last part is probably true because I have an early morning prostate biopsy In Durham. Another wonderful way to start a new day. All part of retirement, I guess.
I hope the biopsy goes well and that it will be all clear.

Tony the Tigger

I'm up. A little too early, because I knew I had to get up at 6am (which I often do without help - but when I know I have to, I get stupid.)

Been up since 4:30, which means only 4.5 hours of sleep.

8:56AM flight to NJ for mom's 70th, and home the next day.

It's a solo trip, no ADR's or FP's. 🤪 But seriously, didn't rent a car or book a room (for a little over a day, you get charged for two days, and it would have been nearly $200.) I figured I'd take my chances with Uber. As it happens, Aunt Patti will pick me up at the airport around noon and we'll go to lunch.

Then I'm kind of stranded (I think.) Dinner will be around 6 or 6:30. I'm thinking about getting the haircut I meant to get yesterday.

Was going to stop at my stepmom's before mom's (bizarrely, they live like 3 blocks apart.) But she is driving down to Long Beach Island after a half day at work. Mom will be at work, and I don't have a key to her house (plus it's supposed to be a surprise that I'm coming.)

Hmm...I'm starting to think getting a room might be a good idea after all. Was going to just wing it and sleep at mom's (packed extra Xanax for that.) Oh, Priceline...

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm up. A little too early, because I knew I had to get up at 6am (which I often do without help - but when I know I have to, I get stupid.)

It's a solo trip, no ADR's or FP's. 🤪 But seriously, didn't rent a car or book a room (for a little over a day, you get charged for two days, and it would have been nearly $200.) I figured I'd take my chances with Uber. As it happens, Aunt Patti will pick me up at the airport around noon and we'll go to lunch.

Then I'm kind of stranded (I think.) Dinner will be around 6 or 6:30. I'm thinking about getting the haircut I meant to get yesterday.

Was going to stop at my stepmom's before mom's (bizarrely, they live like 3 blocks apart.) But she is driving down to Long Beach Island after a half day at work. Mom will be at work, and I don't have a key to her house (plus it's supposed to be a surprise that I'm coming.)

Hmm...I'm starting to think getting a room might be a good idea after all. Was going to just wing it and sleep at mom's (packed extra Xanax for that.) Oh, Priceline...

You'll be fine! It's just a short little trip. Sometimes it's good to let others help you out and plan (or not plan a heavily-laden schedule) for the day. You might actually enjoy a lower energy visit. Relaxing and detaching from the norm can be welcome, sometimes! :)

Tony the Tigger

You'll be fine! It's just a short little trip. Sometimes it's good to let others help you out and plan (or not plan a heavily-laden schedule) for the day. You might actually enjoy a lower energy visit. Relaxing and detaching from the norm can be welcome, sometimes! :)

Yep. I just booked what seems to be a fairly nice room just to take the stress and uncertainty out of the equation. That way I have someplace to go after lunch, and to sleep well.

Gotta get out the door in 20 minutes...

MySmallWorldof4

Happy bday to your mom! It is really nice that you are going up for that. That is a whirlwind trip though. Being stranded with nowhere to go does suck. I would definitely try and find a hotel. By the way, I have been up since 3:45 although I think I fell asleep before 9. Nope, not a night owl. 😉

Figgy1

Premium Member

There's no such thing as stuck in the Newark area! You could go down neck and eat for a few hours lol, busses, uber, lyft, shopping, eating. Anyhoo safe travels, have fun and happy birthday to your mom

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom