The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

I feel like @figmentfan423 today. Made Naan bread, quinoa and broccoli, roasted purple sweet potatoes, black bean burgers, falafel loaf, cucumber salad, and tzatziki sauce. Hope it lasts for 3 days at least.
Me too... just today I have fried two eggs, and put peanut butter on a Cinnamon Raisin Bagel, bought a pre-made Italian Sub (small) and took some yogurt out of the refrigerator. I'm thinking it is time for a nap. Whewwwwww! I have spent all day standing next a cold stove. Tonight I am going to boil water while cooking up some mostaccioli, pour half a jar of Ragu sauce in a pan and heat that up, cut up a single Italian sausage to put in the sauce, and probably scoop out a bit of Rocky Road Ice Cream, if I still have the energy. I'm looking at an early bedtime.

That last part is probably true because I have an early morning prostate biopsy In Durham. Another wonderful way to start a new day. All part of retirement, I guess.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It is shorts weather for me every day in the summer but being in an airplane doesn't feel like summer. The air conditioning is usually quite generous. So I am thinking since I will be stuck in a plane all the way to Asia....maybe Dockers would be better than shorts. What do you guys do....or think about this?View attachment 385566

My only inquiry would be, are shorts common in Japan? I was just thinking that long slacks are always commonplace all over the world, in any season.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Me too... just today I have fried two eggs, and put peanut butter on a Cinnamon Raisin Bagel, bought a pre-made Italian Sub (small) and took some yogurt out of the refrigerator. I'm thinking it is time for a nap. Whewwwwww! I have spent all day standing next a cold stove. Tonight I am going to boil water while cooking up some mostaccioli , pure half a jar of Ragu sauce in a pan and heat that up, cut up a single Italian sausage to put in the sauce, and probably scoop out a bit of Rocky Road Ice Cream, if I still have the energy. I'm looking at an early bedtime.

That last part is probably true because I have an early morning prostate biopsy In Durham. Another wonderful way to start a new day. All part of retirement, I guess.

First part was funny, but sorry to hear that you have a biopsy tomorrow morning. I hope whatever they're looking for turns out negative in the results.

Goofyernmost

{{HUGS}} Today I'm making a pot of marinara, 2 mealtless meatball loaves ,a couple of pounds of pasta, fried eggplant, sautéed broccoli, chopping a salad and baking tofu to go in tomorrow's dinner.
Bring me up to date on that... how does one get meatless meatballs? Wouldn't the fact that it is meatless mean that it would be impossible to be a meatball? Some type of (filling the blank) ball, but, not a meatball.

SteveBrickNJ

My only inquiry would be, are shorts common in Japan? I was just thinking that long slacks are always commonplace all over the world, in any season.
I don't know and it does not actually matter. We are only going to have a 3 hour layover in Japan and we will never leave the airport. My focus is on my comfort in the airports but most especially in the plane itself. I think I will wear the Dockers so I am not cold in the plane.

SteveBrickNJ

I don't know and it does not actually matter. We are only going to have a 3 hour layover in Japan and we will never leave the airport. My focus is on my comfort in the airports but most especially in the plane itself. I think I will wear the Dockers so I am not cold in the plane.
It's nice to be part of this forum where I can "think out loud" and use forum friends as a sounding board😉

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Here you go, Steve! These are combination shorts/long pants. If it's too hot for long pants, just use the zipper on the legs and you can have shorts instead!! Win win!! :joyfull: (They come in different colors and are 20% off!)

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/834...pants-zip-off&bc=12-26-590&feat=590-GN1&csp=f

Goofyernmost

First part was funny, but sorry to hear that you have a biopsy tomorrow morning. I hope whatever they're looking for turns out negative in the results.
It's just a required follow-up on my cancer diagnosis from 4 years ago. So far there has been no further growth and part of the process is a biopsy. Not the worst thing I have ever experienced, but, nothing that I would like to do on a regular yearly basis. Future procedures are determined by the results.

Goofyernmost

It's just a required follow-up on my cancer diagnosis from 4 years ago. So far there has been no further growth and part of the process is a biopsy. Not the worst thing I have ever experienced, but, nothing that I would like to do on a regular yearly basis. Future procedures are determined by the results.
At least that is one test that you will not have to deal with in your retirement. 🙂

SteveBrickNJ

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It is "shorts weather" for me every day in the summer but being in an airplane doesn't feel like summer. The air conditioning is usually quite generous. So I am thinking since I will be stuck in a plane all the way to Asia....maybe Dockers would be better than shorts. What do you guys do....or think about this?View attachment 385566

Wear what would be comfortable on the plane for you. I usually wear a pair of yoga/stretchy pants. I think @MinnieM123 has a point about bringing the khaki pants with though. Some places you go might have a dress code for long pants instead of shorts or you might need to look dressy/dressy casual, it might be good to have them with.

The flight is a long one to Japan and then Singapore, do you have a travel pillow? I find them comfortable to use on the plane, I also bring a light blanket as well.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

I hope the results show no further growth.

Figgy1

Premium Member
It is "shorts weather" for me every day in the summer but being in an airplane doesn't feel like summer. The air conditioning is usually quite generous. So I am thinking since I will be stuck in a plane all the way to Asia....maybe Dockers would be better than shorts. What do you guys do....or think about this?View attachment 385566
When traveling my guys like the pants that the legs zip off and turn to shorts that way they're not at the mercy of somebody else's idea of comfortable and I suggest blue or black as it's easier to hide a stain if you spill something on yourself;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Me too... just today I have fried two eggs, and put peanut butter on a Cinnamon Raisin Bagel, bought a pre-made Italian Sub (small) and took some yogurt out of the refrigerator. I'm thinking it is time for a nap. Whewwwwww! I have spent all day standing next a cold stove. Tonight I am going to boil water while cooking up some mostaccioli, pour half a jar of Ragu sauce in a pan and heat that up, cut up a single Italian sausage to put in the sauce, and probably scoop out a bit of Rocky Road Ice Cream, if I still have the energy. I'm looking at an early bedtime.

Is the biopsy just a follow up on your current condition? Good luck and pixie dust

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom