The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Just need to vent a bit. My workplace is moving next year because our current building is too small. We also got rid of a lot of the lower level management team, so we're kind of starting fresh right now, and they updated everyone's contracts, etc. So one of the things that changed is that we have to input our availability earlier. They make the schedule 3 weeks in advance now. But when they redid all the contracts, part of that was updating hours, because we are no longer getting paid breaks. We still get breaks (well, most people do), but you have to start 15 minutes earlier and stay 15 minutes later, and the way they count the hours is wonky, so I don't get a morning break anymore. Each employee had a meeting with the management to go over what the changes were and to figure out your new base availability. When they went to put all the data into the system, it didn't like that, and threw out all of the old data, including dates we had set for availability, I guess. So they are supposed to post the work schedule 3 weeks in advance....we just got the schedule for the first week of July today, 2 weeks late, and I'm scheduled to work in every shift I set as "unavailable". Hopefully they will be understanding about it. I know they can't help it that the system is buggy, but for them to be 2 weeks late, and then STILL have everything messed up, and I don't have time to find someone else to take over shifts that I said I couldn't work because they didn't pay attention to that...it's just frustrating. I don't think they can force me to find someone to cover since I did say I couldn't work those times, but I don't know what they will say about it. Wish me luck getting it straightened out!

What a bunch of hooey they're pulling there. Sorry to hear that they're not giving you paid breaks anymore. That's always the worst thing -- when you have something -- and then they take it away. That stinks. And regarding the 3 weeks' advance scheduling, that must also be frustrating. Again, if you started out in this company with all the above rules, it wouldn't affect you so much, but they've now just pulled the rug out from under you, and your fellow workers. :(

Tony the Tigger

Just popping in - busy as heck week - but...

Brian went in yesterday for his last scheduled day of work until next month. (I think I mentioned they were intentionally not letting him work more than one week in May and one in June so as to avoid being forced by law to give him full time benefits.)

We had been wondering what was going to happen yesterday because if he worked a whole day, it would put him over on hours. Didn’t know if they would cut him early, or if he would go over and they would just make him full-time, or if he would go over and they would just fire him.

Is the suspense killing you?

Full time. Promotion to upper management. Raise. Benefits. (Details to be revealed to us soon.) Fewer hours overall. And no work drought through July.

Relief!

Cesar R M

I'm an idiot. :p Because the car is being worked on this weekend, I couldn't go grocery shopping. So I decided to order online with delivery (order will come tomorrow afternoon). However --

First of all, ordering stuff online took me twice as long, because everything looked really good -- and I kept pausing to read descriptions, etc. Long story short, I ended up ordering at least $30 more in stuff, than what I normally pick up each weekend.. :rolleyes: But here's the best part: I had a coupon code (for first time online customers) for $20 off a first order. Do you think I remembered to enter that code, before I finalized the checkout and hit "finish"?! :facepalm:
no time to cancel the order and reorder?

donaldtoo

I'd probably have a shock..
I was expecting big when I went to see the SATURN V rocket in Johnson's Houston Space Center.
I was floored once I finally managed to see the beast and its monstrous engines.

Can't imagine my reaction to see a forest full of monstrously tall trees.

I’ve seen that Saturn V rocket in person at JSC, as well.
And yes, pics can’t even do its actual size justice...!!!!!!! :eek:o_O:oops::joyfull:;):)

3B0D68FF-3461-4C2F-91F5-D5B642F9A6EC.jpegB4815F0E-205C-482D-B57A-7F5A02072757.jpeg730F5E30-2A05-43F8-AB6B-D0B884E3DE13.jpeg

donaldtoo

Yeah. We may do more Hilton Head or Florida beach vacations and maybe hit Disney for a couple of days as opposed to a week. I don't think they realize that there is a lot of competition out there. I would love to do the cruise again, but dh really didn't enjoy it. He said it yesterday again. He doesn't want to cruise again.

Sorry about your DH not wanting to cruise again. It’s just not for some folks. I have 3 younger sibs, that were also raised on Disney, but, they have absolutely no interest in ever going back to a Disney Park again...different strokes, and all. I, however, was bitten by the Disney bug as far back as I can remember.
As I’ve posted before, our original plan was to do a WDW trip for Emy’s 1st birthday this coming October.
But, once we priced it out, it was just way more expensive than another cruise. Not even close. And, since we’ve enjoyed our 2 previous cruises immensely, it was a simple decision.
We’ll be back to WDW at some point, but, not in the near future.
We’ll just wait to see how all that’s going on right now fleshes out over the next coupla’/few years.
In the meantime, I still have my Disney memories, mementos, books, etc., to hold me over until our next trip...!!!!!!! :happy:

MySmallWorldof4

Just popping in - busy as heck week - but...

Brian went in yesterday for his last scheduled day of work until next month. (I think I mentioned they were intentionally not letting him work more than one week in May and one in June so as to avoid being forced by law to give him full time benefits.)

We had been wondering what was going to happen yesterday because if he worked a whole day, it would put him over on hours. Didn’t know if they would cut him early, or if he would go over and they would just make him full-time, or if he would go over and they would just fire him.

Is the suspense killing you?

Full time. Promotion to upper management. Raise. Benefits. (Details to be revealed to us soon.) Fewer hours overall. And no work drought through July.

Relief!
Hooray!!!!! So happy for you two!!!!!!

PS. Does this mean I can get those Super Bowl tickets?😉😁

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

Sorry about your DH not wanting to cruise again. It’s just not for some folks. I have 3 younger sibs, that were also raised on Disney, but, they have absolutely no interest in ever going back to a Disney Park again...different strokes, and all. I, however, was bitten by the Disney bug as far back as I can remember.
As I’ve posted before, our original plan was to do a WDW trip for Emy’s 1st birthday this coming October.
But, once we priced it out, it was just way more expensive than another cruise. Not even close. And, since we’ve enjoyed our 2 previous cruises immensely, it was a simple decision.
We’ll be back to WDW at some point, but, not in the near future.
We’ll just wait to see how all that’s going on right now fleshes out over the next coupla’/few years.
In the meantime, I still have my Disney memories, mementos, books, etc., to hold me over until our next trip...!!!!!!! :happy:
He said he felt claustrophobic.

donaldtoo

Ever been to Sea World? We went once when our 2 oldest were really young. Don't remember it all too well.

We have Sea World San Antonio here just about 1.5 hrs. down the road. We used to go a bunch when the kiddos were younger, and it was such a woundrous place...!!!!!!! :happy:
I’m sure it still is, but, we haven’t been back in many years... :(
Anyway, I’ve posted this pic before of us near the Sea World entrance, but, it still cracks me up because of how young we all were...!!!!!!!
:hilarious::D;):happy:

AB335D6E-EF6F-4EE4-8F11-E2C26FB705BE.jpeg

MySmallWorldof4

We have Sea World San Antonio here just about 1.5 hrs. down the road. We used to go a bunch when the kiddos were younger, and it was such a woundrous place...!!!!!!! :happy:
I’m sure it still is, but, we haven’t been back in many years... :(
Anyway, I’ve posted this pic before of us near the Sea World entrance, but, it still cracks me up because of how young we all were...!!!!!!!
:hilarious::D;):happy:

View attachment 383242
Nice looking family!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom