The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Our old favorite, Catfish Parlour, was our dinner choice for tonight...!!!!!!! :joyfull::hungry:

Hush puppies with regular and jalapeño tartar sauce...!!!!! :hungry:

17BF8CB6-B52F-463C-9D60-65EFD2E6D8EE.jpeg

Caesar salad bar...!!!!! :hungry:

8D86FE20-9E51-479F-AED2-02603B0512F5.jpeg

What’s left of my dark Dos Equis...!!!!! :hilarious::hungry:

66530675-7E7D-46C3-802C-C0C17E33F5CF.jpeg

Some “Catfishmosphere” (OK, a bit of a silly stretch, but, “American Pickers” would have a field day with the old signage in this wonderfully beautiful place...!!!!! :hilarious:;))...!!!!! :happy:

8D575202-65B6-4760-A289-95865138E362.jpeg
6F392DBA-DA42-486C-BBF6-E7DF843A3715.jpeg
13FF83D1-BC62-400E-9479-32F4728C46B6.jpeg
AA1A4588-1543-47B8-A940-5574833674F6.jpeg
263E8144-FB0E-478F-8946-D520A1454BB2.jpeg
F29A95D9-877E-4C87-BD15-A6FA0B725B57.jpeg

And, the Grand Prize...my spicy fried catfish and oyster platter, with fries, fried okra, and bacon cabbage sides...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::hungry::hungry::hungry::happy:

C1368606-9C77-4363-9C7C-354B3BDC0D5C.jpeg

donaldtoo

What dog likes a full glass or orange juice? That would be mine. :rolleyes: Stepped into the pantry for a few moments to get something, and I heard something hit the kitchen floor. Went over to see what happened, and a certain dog (Jack) had knocked over the glass from the kitchen table to the floor -- and was lapping up all the orange juice!! :mad:

Yet another “Jack Attack”...I think he and our Ranger are brothers from different mothers...!!!!! :hilarious:;):)

donaldtoo

We are in Sequoia/Kings Canyon National Park now and yesterday we saw the General Grant tree which is the 3rd largest tree by volume and 1500 years old. Today for hubs birthday we will see the General sherman which is the largest tree.
View attachment 382949

Visited there twice way back in the day when we lived in No Cal...the size of those trees is astounding...!!!!!
So glad y’all are getting to see such amazing sites...!!!!!!! 😃😊

21stamps

Had our first baseball loss of the year. :( Knocked out in the semi final, kudos to the team we played, they were definitely the best we’ve played so far. Even with the loss it was an exciting game.. 9-8 final score. Great hitting, fielding, sliding into base trying not to get tagged out.. but we lost. Finished the season 15-1. Not too shabby!

The coach bought everyone hamburgers and slushees after the game, then the boys stayed for 90 more minutes playing upper grabs.
Some major tackling going on 😂
215EE2B1-CA8F-4133-9A85-EF935DC23F70.jpeg

New friendships, amazing people.. I’m sad to see it end. T even walked up to his coach (without prompting) and said “Coach, I just want to say thank you for allowing me to join your team.” Progress for my shy kiddo! They invited him to play again next year if he wants to. ❤

Now... NO MORE SPORTS TIL AUGUST!!!!!!!!
Whew. It’s been a hectic past 10 months, even more hectic Spring.. time for some non-sports outings!!

MySmallWorldof4

So I was amazed this morning. Think I mentioned that I did Ancestry a bunch of months back. Anyway some lady contacted me saying we were 3rd cousins and a dna match. I am thinking. 🧐. But then she told me she is related to my great grandfather on my moms side and she typed out the name of my grandfather and my 2 great uncles and great aunt, all of whom I knew. I was just dumbfounded this morning. I wrote her back of course. This could get interesting.

MySmallWorldof4

Had our first baseball loss of the year. :( Knocked out in the semi final, kudos to the team we played, they were definitely the best we’ve played so far. Even with the loss it was an exciting game.. 9-8 final score. Great hitting, fielding, sliding into base trying not to get tagged out.. but we lost. Finished the season 15-1. Not too shabby!

The coach bought everyone hamburgers and slushees after the game, then the boys stayed for 90 more minutes playing upper grabs.
Some major tackling going on 😂
View attachment 383087

New friendships, amazing people.. I’m sad to see it end. T even walked up to his coach (without prompting) and said “Coach, I just want to say thank you for allowing me to join your team.” Progress for my shy kiddo! They invited him to play again next year if he wants to. ❤

Now... NO MORE SPORTS TIL AUGUST!!!!!!!!
Whew. It’s been a hectic past 10 months, even more hectic Spring.. time for some non-sports outings!!
So great! Not the loss, but what T got out of this experience. For him to independently thank the coach shows that he has some great manners and has been really well brought up. Great kid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom