The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
You are right. We have been going since 2002 when we started having kids with my first being just about 1. As a single person it is more affordable than a family with kids. It has also gone from being a vacation most families could afford by saving for a year or 2. Now granted AP’s are not necessary, but everything else has gone up exponentially and not a nice gradual curve. We will just go less and spend less there. I can choose where I think I get the most value for my vacation dollars. I will say that the Uni CM’s were way more “Disney” than actual Disney CM’s. A lot of Disney CM’s need to go back to Disney University. Just my opinion.

I've also heard similar comments from others. Most people still go to WDW, but not necessarily for the entire vacation--a number of people are now dividing it up between WDW and UNI.

MySmallWorldof4

I've also heard similar comments from others. Most people still go to WDW, but not necessarily for the entire vacation--a number of people are now dividing it up between WDW and UNI.
Yeah. We may do more Hilton Head or Florida beach vacations and maybe hit Disney for a couple of days as opposed to a week. I don't think they realize that there is a lot of competition out there. I would love to do the cruise again, but dh really didn't enjoy it. He said it yesterday again. He doesn't want to cruise again.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Our old favorite, Catfish Parlour, was our dinner choice for tonight...!!!!!!! :joyfull::hungry:

Hush puppies with regular and jalapeño tartar sauce...!!!!! :hungry:

View attachment 383056

Caesar salad bar...!!!!! :hungry:

View attachment 383057

What’s left of my dark Dos Equis...!!!!! :hilarious::hungry:

View attachment 383058

Some “Catfishmosphere” (OK, a bit of a silly stretch, but, “American Pickers” would have a field day with the old signage in this wonderfully beautiful place...!!!!! :hilarious:;))...!!!!! :happy:

View attachment 383060
View attachment 383061
View attachment 383062
View attachment 383063
View attachment 383064
View attachment 383065

And, the Grand Prize...my spicy fried catfish and oyster platter, with fries, fried okra, and bacon cabbage sides...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::hungry::hungry::hungry::happy:

View attachment 383066

Love the atmosphere in there! :happy:

(Pass on the okra . . . ) :depressed:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yeah. We may do more Hilton Head or Florida beach vacations and maybe hit Disney for a couple of days as opposed to a week. I don't think they realize that there is a lot of competition out there. I would love to do the cruise again, but dh really didn't enjoy it. He said it yesterday again. He doesn't want to cruise again.

That's the thing -- my opinion only -- they're trying to get back up to speed now, with a lot of new updates to the parks. (That's all good.) Yet, I think they waited too long, and during the snooze period, the competition got right in there with blockbuster additions.

UNI, in particular, lured away even some die-hard Disney fans to their park. Now that they have that market, some vacationers realize that both UNI and WDW are "must do" destinations. Hence, I imagine most families have to follow a budget -- and the vacation money now gets split into two.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Ever been to Sea World? We went once when our 2 oldest were really young. Don't remember it all too well.

It's probably been at least 15 years since I've been to Sea World (I enjoyed it). The only reason I didn't go back was because of the extra time it took to get there and back. (When I go to WDW I'm only there about 4 days, so I want to maximize my time--plus, I'm already paying for a 4-day ticket.)

FutureCEO

So I was amazed this morning. Think I mentioned that I did Ancestry a bunch of months back. Anyway some lady contacted me saying we were 3rd cousins and a dna match. I am thinking. 🧐. But then she told me she is related to my great grandfather on my moms side and she typed out the name of my grandfather and my 2 great uncles and great aunt, all of whom I knew. I was just dumbfounded this morning. I wrote her back of course. This could get interesting.

I want that to happen to me

MySmallWorldof4

I want that to happen to me
Did you do ancestry? I did it on a whim for my oldest who wanted to learn more about where our heritage comes from. Dh's sister did hers, so he didn't need to. Funny enough, both our DNA shows that both families stem from Eastern Europe. Our DNA's don't match at all though, which is a good thing I guess. Wouldn't want my dh to be like some cousin a few times removed. :hilarious:

FutureCEO

Did you do ancestry? I did it on a whim for my oldest who wanted to learn more about where our heritage comes from. Dh's sister did hers, so he didn't need to. Funny enough, both our DNA shows that both families stem from Eastern Europe. Our DNA's don't match at all though, which is a good thing I guess. Wouldn't want my dh to be like some cousin a few times removed. :hilarious:

I have an account...the free one. I just haven't done a lot other than to put what family I know in my tree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom