The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

It's expensive going solo and with the British offers, I can't imagine having to pay for a family. I do feel sad so many people won't be able to experience the magic.

Thatā€™s just it...with the stress of the crazy-high prices, there is no magic for so many average families now anymore (who were EXACTLY Waltā€™s original intent to make the Magic available to), even if you do manage to be able to squeak out a visit...what average family can even feel ā€œMagicalā€ when your being raked over the coals...?!?!?!

donaldtoo

Someone posted that Sam's Club is selling them currently at the old rate. I am not planning on buying anymore. We may do Uni and the beach next year. Possibly do maybe 2 or 3 days at Disney in the late Spring, but we may wait until Epcot's 50th to do a big trip. We will see. As I said before, I am a little soured with this exorbitant price increase. It is also not fair to those with current AP's that are expiring soon and could have renewed at the old rate to not have been given warning. Very poor customer service. I understand they are a business, but AP holders show loyalty to their brand. They should have a glimmer of consideration. The pixie dust is starting to just become dust.

EXACTLY.
People can try to sugarcoat it anyway they want, but, at this point, itā€™s just dust in the wind to us too.
Iā€™ve been a life-long Disney fan as far back as I can remember, but, most of the Parks stuff these days is just gettinā€™ too outtaā€™ control for our taste...we can afford it, but, weā€™re not gonnaā€™ pay ever-increasing prices just to ride BTMR, etc., for the umpteenth time. Thereā€™s more out there in the real world that blows the Parks away.
Again, a life-long Disney fan I am. I cherish the memories I have from previous trips, I love Disney history, and the books I have about it all, along with many mementos...!!!!!!! :happy:

Iā€™m not ā€œhatingā€ on Disney, and I completely realize times are different...I just wish it would get the soul that Walt left it with back...........

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Someone posted that Sam's Club is selling them currently at the old rate. I am not planning on buying anymore. We may do Uni and the beach next year. Possibly do maybe 2 or 3 days at Disney in the late Spring, but we may wait until Epcot's 50th to do a big trip. We will see. As I said before, I am a little soured with this exorbitant price increase. It is also not fair to those with current AP's that are expiring soon and could have renewed at the old rate to not have been given warning. Very poor customer service. I understand they are a business, but AP holders show loyalty to their brand. They should have a glimmer of consideration. The pixie dust is starting to just become dust.

I'm sorry. :( I can understand your frustration. If I was holding Uni annual passes that was still valid and not WDW I'd be staying in the room next to you. But full disclosure I really love Uni and go as often as our schedule allows us to. I love their hotels and their parks. I know there are people out there that do not like Uni (some even never have been) but I really do enjoy our stays there.

Sadly some of our member her just loose their grip today on other threads (not referring to you) happens every single time the prices go up for anything at WDW. I have to say that I see repeat members saying they are done with Disney and yet most return and repeat with every single price increase year after year. The one thing the overwhelming majority of us on this site have in common is Disney. Most of us originally joined this particular site because of our love of the place. Generally I believe the majority on the board will move on with the price because really there isn't a solution and most don't hate Disney they hate paying more and very few are happy about it-though I saw a few troll-ish jabs about happy cause the parks will be less crowded. Actually I only known a few members that hate now on Disney but it was more for traumatic events that happened at WDW vs the Mouses fault. Some memories are best not relieved. So you have that demographic too that has moved away from WDW. But by the volume of DVC being sold and hotels being built and expanded it appears Disney feels secure with their fan base returning, maybe not as AP holders but also as general admission and package purchases. And I saw the Sam's Club was also still offering AP at Monday's priceline. Happy that AP holders seemed to have multiple avenues to fulfill their APs with.

We were surprised initially by the price increase we saw late Monday night as it hit the East Coast timeframe. By morning we were well duh it rose in the same general timeframe last year. Honestly we missed the obvious being Disney fans. Disney increased the prices dramatically for Disneyland not much before their version of Star Wars launched. Me, I should have at least been aware of similar for WDW, I missed the writing on the wall. Most that wish to continue holding an AP seem to do what we did and backed doored and avoided the price increase for 2020. Given the teeter totter world we all live in I have no idea what is going to happen to the US or the World by 2021 so I'm not going to concern myself about what WDW will do in 2021. We just paid what we would have 24 hours ago...the then going rate so I have almost 1.5 years of AP in MDE.

I feel your pain in not feeling the love from WDW about being a loyal fan. It would be nice. I am loyal to many businesses. Never does my gas station give me warning when prices will go up, United Airlines never gives me a heads up when prices will surge or drop. During the recession due to the IL government not paying the Universities their budget funds I had 2 weeks notice in early January that I had to come up with an addition $5000 for DD second semester. The two weeks did nothing to help me come to terms with her tuition going up 30% mid-year. I thought about notice from the companies I loyally support, most increase their prices on their product. Very few have ever given me a heads up when they decide to increase their cost of their product. It be nice but where I live anyhow my first discovery that milk has gone up is when I pull it off the shelf. It just doesn't seem to be the business norm of most companies I deal with.

Meanwhile BIG {{{HUGS}}} I know it has been a frustrating day for you. šŸ’ž

Gabe1

It has been a rough day on the entire board today and social media in the World of Disney.

1. Walt was Dead when I was a small child. He was Dead long before the Grand Opening of the Magic Kingdom.

2. 20 Million people visit Walt Disney World each year. Most are bitten by the Magic of Walt Disney World. Few find it an awful place and vacation elsewhere. Booyah! Everyone deserves there special place. For the 20 million that visit each year there is nowhere else many would rather be. Booyah! for that demographic. We dream, we save, we visit, we have great times in Disney Parks. Many come from overseas multiple times to relive the joy and the magic. I actually wonder on all the threads with the meltdowns and oh so offended over the AP increase what percentage of the 20 million visitors are AP holders? Yep we were caught off guard but some have said what they have needed to gracefully and others in true meltdown fashion.

While I respect people moving on and away from Disney I only wish that type of respect could be shown to those of us that genuinely love Disney and the magic it brings to our families and respect those of us that find Magic at WDW and return over and over again despite being a tad annoyed with the AP increase today.

Gabe1

A couple scenes from our Hollywood/LA exploration day. Chinese theater including a tour inside, celebrity home tour, LA Farmers market, La Brea Tar Pits, and dinner in Malibu.

View attachment 382364View attachment 382365View attachment 382366View attachment 382367View attachment 382368View attachment 382369View attachment 382370View attachment 382371View attachment 382372View attachment 382373

Wow what a wonderful day! Your pictures are beyond beautiful. And I wish I had a those adult beverages here tonight. Hope you are enjoying your trip to the fullest.

Gabe1

It's expensive going solo and with the British offers, I can't imagine having to pay for a family. I do feel sad so many people won't be able to experience the magic.

But not everyone needs an annual pass. Some people come in for a Run Disney event and bolt shortly after. Some split their time between Disney, Uni, SeaWorld and Legoland and the Beach. Not everyone goes to Disney 4-5 times a year that actually warrants an AP. Why I am questioning the meltdowns. A good portion of these 'fans' have never had an AP.

Gabe1

Thank you! Yeah it is quite a lot to shell out. We eat at table service a couple of times per trip so we need to think about it some more.

I agree if you will not rack up the the days spent at Disney. You could opt for one of you to get the AP and not the other to still reap the rewards or the opposite direction just buy multi day tickets but purchase Tables of Wonderland which might be the better option.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
But not everyone needs an annual pass. Some people come in for a Run Disney event and bolt shortly after. Some split their time between Disney, Uni, SeaWorld and Legoland and the Beach. Not everyone goes to Disney 4-5 times a year that actually warrants an AP. Why I am questioning the meltdowns. A good portion of these 'fans' have never had an AP.
I think that @RedNoseMickey is saying that most visitors from the UK come on a package deal. We don't get any room rate offers and the tickets are bundled in with a flight/hotel/hirecar deal.

Gabe1

Nothing they are building justifies a 25% increase. Itā€™s not like it is good for 18 months. Our Uni APā€™s cost $500 a person. Some blockouts but we wouldnā€™t go during holidays or in July anyway. We may be priced out at this point. I feel bad we upgraded the one AP now. Wish I could that upgrade money back.

That is a hard call. 3 of 4 parks are building major builds that cost multi-millions. Epcot is doing a major rebuild with multiple rebuilds including both Future World and the World Showcase with new attractions and final show. The themepark world took Disney to task for not updating and bringing new attractions. Criticized its transportation. They are putting major dollars into it all and expanding and updating their resorts.

It is the ying and yang. Wanting more and more from Disney but the cost of it isn't a cheap endeavor. I guess the question is let the themepark stay in the 1990's or upgrade the parks. Some want nothing to change and others want 21st century upgrades.

Gabe1

I think that @RedNoseMickey is saying that most visitors from the UK come on a package deal. We don't get any room rate offers and the tickets are bundled in with a flight/hotel/hirecar deal.

Your overall bundles are better than ours. Your airfare though is rough to the states. So I understand the reason Disney offers the bundles at better resorts than that are offered to those of us state side. Going solo in a single room is always more expensive than split the tab of double occupancy.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
That is a hard call. 3 of 4 parks are building major builds that cost multi-millions. Epcot is doing a major rebuild with multiple rebuilds including both Future World and the World Showcase with new attractions and final show. The themepark world took Disney to task for not updating and bringing new attractions. Criticized its transportation. They are putting major dollars into it all and expanding and updating their resorts.

It is the ying and yang. Wanting more and more from Disney but the cost of it isn't a cheap endeavor. I guess the question is let the themepark stay in the 1990's or upgrade the parks. Some want nothing to change and others want 21st century upgrades.
I agree that they are heavily investing in the parks and supporting infrastructure. My problem is that there hasn't been much of an investment for a long period of time. Had they been doing this over a longer period and gradually increasing prices over the same time then I think there would be less complaints. imho šŸ˜

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Your overall bundles are better than ours. Your airfare though is rough to the states. So I understand the reason Disney offers the bundles at better resorts than that are offered to those of us state side. Going solo in a single room is always more expensive than split the tab of double occupancy.
True . We priced up an 11 night TA with Disney.
The price for return flights from NY (assuming you had more than hand luggage) was nearly as much as the cruise šŸ¤ÆšŸ¤ÆšŸ¤Æ

Gabe1

I agree that they are heavily investing in the parks and supporting infrastructure. My problem is that there hasn't been much of an investment for a long period of time. Had they been doing this over a longer period and gradually increasing prices over the same time then I think there would be less complaints. imho šŸ˜

True. But what then? Leave it in the 1990s or bite the bullet and increase spending, bring on the 21st century? Fix the transportation or try and improve? Upgrade aging resorts like the Caribbean or leave it in the 90's? From what I've seen guests want more not less.

Gabe1

True . We priced up an 11 night TA with Disney.
The price for return flights from NY (assuming you had more than hand luggage) was nearly as much as the cruise šŸ¤ÆšŸ¤ÆšŸ¤Æ

Yeah, flights for Europe is painful. I guess that is why Disney woes the European crowd with better upgrades for hotels. If they have the rooms why the heck not, they are there and not always full. Sometimes I am jealous of some of the perks you guys get. But still I can fly for a couple hundred dollars round trip. At times I can book airfare to Paris cheaper than Orlando. It is Whacko.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom