The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
True. But what then? Leave it in the 1990s or bite the bullet and increase spending, bring on the 21st century? Fix the transportation or try and improve? Upgrade aging resorts like the Caribbean or leave it in the 90's? From what I've seen guests want more not less.
Oh I agree. They have to do it . I just wish they had made these decisions 10-20 years ago.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Yeah, flights for Europe is painful. I guess that is why Disney woes the European crowd with better upgrades for hotels. If they have the rooms why the heck not, they are there and not always full. Sometimes I am jealous of some of the perks you guys get. But still I can fly for a couple hundred dollars round trip. At times I can book airfare to Paris cheaper than Orlando. It is Whacko.
It costs us a couple of hundred pounds just to get to the mainland before we can even look at the Atlantic flight ☹️

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Oh I agree. They have to do it . I just wish they had made these decisions 10-20 years ago.

Yep, but we are where we are. Let them continue to be stagnant or move on. Me, I love Disney. I am an AARP woman, nearing retirement yet had my first trip at 18 months to Disneyland. I love Disney. Doubt that will change. Not amused by the gap of updating while they opened parks around the world but I have to go forward and accept these major improvements to resorts and attractions are beyond expensive. It isn't Disney alone. If you look at history when Disney increases prices Uni almost always increases their prices accordingly. I love both competitors parks. Different but both awesome. I enjoy the challenge they both bring to each other now to keep expectations up.

We go often enough that we figure our AP costs us $36 per day. Not everyone needs an AP so I seriously wonder why those who have not been to Disney in years are wigg'n out about the AP cost.

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Yep, but we are where we are. Let them continue to be stagnant or move on. Me, I love Disney. I am an AARP woman, nearing retirement yet had my first trip at 18 months to Disneyland. I love Disney. Doubt that will change. Not amused by the gap of updating while they opened parks around the world but I have to go forward and accept these major improvements to resorts and attractions are beyond expensive. It isn't Disney alone. If you look at history when Disney increases prices Uni almost always increases their prices accordingly. I love both competitors parks. Different but both awesome. I enjoy the challenge they both bring to each other now to keep expectations up.

We go often enough that we figure our AP costs us $36 per day. Not everyone needs an AP so I seriously wonder why those who have not been to Disney in years are wigg'n out about the AP cost.
Pretty sure we would be ap holders if we lived over there also. One day we will be back to the world. Just Tokyo is looking very interesting to us at the moment 🤔

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Pretty sure we would be ap holders if we lived over there also. One day we will be back to the world. Just Tokyo is looking very interesting to us at the moment 🤔

I hear you Sir! Tokyo is on our short term bucket list. My boundaries of Disney show no limits. Well that is somewhat a lie. You know my aversion to floating on a Boat-Ship.

I'm just enjoying the heck out of our AP decade.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Someone posted that Sam's Club is selling them currently at the old rate. I am not planning on buying anymore. We may do Uni and the beach next year. Possibly do maybe 2 or 3 days at Disney in the late Spring, but we may wait until Epcot's 50th to do a big trip. We will see. As I said before, I am a little soured with this exorbitant price increase. It is also not fair to those with current AP's that are expiring soon and could have renewed at the old rate to not have been given warning. Very poor customer service. I understand they are a business, but AP holders show loyalty to their brand. They should have a glimmer of consideration. The pixie dust is starting to just become dust.
Kennedy Space Center just over 50 per person per day, 100ish for AP Cocoa Beach is free;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom