The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Dear god..
"The data from Boaty McBoatface gave us a completely new way of looking at the deep ocean -- the path taken by Boaty created a spatial view of the turbulence near the seafloor," Eleanor Frajka-Williams of the center said in a statement.
:hilarious:

Songbird76

Had our homeschool evaluation today. My oldest only needs one more year of English and she needs to write a 5 page research paper and she will be able to graduate. Of course she will take physics and calculus because, why not? The other kids did great as well, and because ds already filled some high school requirements prior to high school, he could graduate a year early.
That's great! How old is the oldest? Does she know what she wants to do? Is she already taking some college courses?

Songbird76

Youngest got her standing back handspring at the gym on the floor yesterday. I was so happy for her. She has been so determined to get it before choreography camp which will be in August.
Why specifically then, just out of curiosity? Is there something then that she needs it for?

My cousin posted that her daughter took 6th overall in her tumbling competition and she gets to start with handsprings now, I guess. She is very excited.

12in12

You sure that isn’t the premier? The one that includes Disneyland?
Never mind. I just went on the main page and saw the ridiculous news. No more AP’s for us. It is too much. The people behind these increases have no concept of what the average family can afford. We may be doing more Uni and going on other vacations. Their regular tickets will probably go up as well. Maybe we should be buying those discounted tickets for next year before they go up. I mean an AP for our family will cost us much as a year of tuition at our local state college. This is just nuts. And for them to not even offer payment plan options like Uni is really sad.
It's expensive going solo and with the British offers, I can't imagine having to pay for a family. I do feel sad so many people won't be able to experience the magic.

MySmallWorldof4

Why specifically then, just out of curiosity? Is there something then that she needs it for?

My cousin posted that her daughter took 6th overall in her tumbling competition and she gets to start with handsprings now, I guess. She is very excited.
They start learning their next seasons routine during choreography camp. If her team will be level 2 then at least 2/3 of the kids need to have back handsprings. The ones who don't have it would have to run to the back or side of the mat during a tumbling run. She doesn't want to be one of those kids. So if she has a back handspring on the floor, she can now practice doing a round-off back handspring on the floor. She can do one on the tumble trak (long trampoline to practice tumbling skills.) If she can do that, then she can be part of the tumbling choreography.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Had our homeschool evaluation today. My oldest only needs one more year of English and she needs to write a 5 page research paper and she will be able to graduate. Of course she will take physics and calculus because, why not? The other kids did great as well, and because ds already filled some high school requirements prior to high school, he could graduate a year early.
Yes of course take Calc and Physics before college and knocking out the foreign language before college vs in college. My kids did all three before and were so happy they did. It was what permitted my DD to double major and a minor in 3.5 years at her University plus AP course work. Called getting all you can out of your tuition.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
None of them so far. Hubby said they each came with different packaging. Not sure how/why. I’ll be able to look more at them when I get home. Next week
Ha!!!

We received 3 replacement Weber classic BBQ grills one year I stopped reporting duplicates so they would stop sending me more grills.

I ordered 2 wing backed chairs for my formal living area from Eathan Allan one delivered with a crack in the rung. Thinking up my staircase it happened. In the end I had six wing backed chairs. I stopped reporting the over delivering. I bought a huge round marble coffee table and arranged the six chairs around it. Never bought a sofa for that room.

Sometimes you can try but have to give up on honesty. :cyclops:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom