The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Good morning gang! DH had a four-day weekend so I haven’t had time to do anything but check in quickly and catch up.😉
On Friday we went shopping and picked up lunch at Bad Daddy’s Burger Bar. It was very good. We don’t eat red meat a lot but occasionally we get in the mood for a burger.
View attachment 382197

On Saturday we mowed, cleaned up the yard, basically spent the day outdoors. We grilled salmon out for dinner. Sorry no pictures.
Father’s Day I made him oat-banana waffles with strawberry sauce and fruit. 😊
View attachment 382199

Sunday we just hung out and relaxed. And yesterday we started washing the windows in the house. We got almost done and the rain and thunder started. We have to finish up this Saturday. We had some powerful lightning with more storms around 10 pm. We got over an inch.
So that was our weekend. Hope everyone had a great one.
Happy belated Father’s Day to Mr. Boomer. It sounds like a good weekend except for the window washing. The burger looks delicious and the waffle sounds scrumptious. We are in a horrible weather pattern that seems like it will never end. More clouds and rain today.

MySmallWorldof4

Are you only going to get one from now on? I can’t remember if you usually get two.
We get the one for the benefits when not all of us get one. Kind of expensive for 6. We have upgraded passes for all of us in the parks a few times like in 2017-18. Did you do AP’s since you are going again in the fall? Or was the fall trip not originally a planned one?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Was Brad in heaven? What did you think of the blue milk? I heard mixed reviews. What’s it taste like?

He loved it! He had high expectations and he said the land exceeded them. The blue milk was ok. I didn’t drink too much of it but it had a slushy texture and tasted like berries too me. Brad liked it more. We would possibly get it again, maybe on a hot day as it would be a refreshing drink.

93boomer

Premium Member
We get the one for the benefits when not all of us get one. Kind of expensive for 6. We have upgraded passes for all of us in the parks a few times like in 2017-18. Did you do AP’s since you are going again in the fall? Or was the fall trip not originally a planned one?
Ahh. I haven’t got them yet. We can’t decide. This trip is an unplanned one. We may wait until the next trip to get one for all of next year. If I get one for this trip, will it give us a discount in the room? I haven’t paid it off yet

MySmallWorldof4

Ahh. I haven’t got them yet. We can’t decide. This trip is an unplanned one. We may wait until the next trip to get one for all of next year. If I get one for this trip, will it give us a discount in the room? I haven’t paid it off yet
You would probably get a room discount if they are offered for your dates, which they probably are, but then you would need to change your reservation. If you don’t have a meal plan it is easy to do. You would have to figure out if the financial difference is worth it. An AP is like $900. You could call Disney and ask what the passholder rate is for your dates. I know that if you do more than 2 weeks in a year, ap is worth it. But of course, it is a lot to shell out at once. You get a nice merchandise discount and table service discount.

93boomer

Premium Member
You would probably get a room discount if they are offered for your dates, which they probably are, but then you would need to change your reservation. If you don’t have a meal plan it is easy to do. You would have to figure out if the financial difference is worth it. An AP is like $900. You could call Disney and ask what the passholder rate is for your dates. I know that if you do more than 2 weeks in a year, ap is worth it. But of course, it is a lot to shell out at once. You get a nice merchandise discount and table service discount.
Thank you! Yeah it is quite a lot to shell out. We eat at table service a couple of times per trip so we need to think about it some more.

12in12

DWifey and myself were upgraded to first class twice back in the day when her younger sis was a flight attendant for AA...has made flyin’ coach ever since feel like ridin’ in a Greyhound bus...!!!!! :hilarious:;)
Yeah, I have flown a lot for work and for fun, in all the different classes and some private planes as well. It's certainly nice to experience such luxury but if I'm the one paying I usually slum it in economy. ;)

MySmallWorldof4

Just saw that APs have gone up to $1119!! $894 before😱😱
You sure that isn’t the premier? The one that includes Disneyland?
Never mind. I just went on the main page and saw the ridiculous news. No more AP’s for us. It is too much. The people behind these increases have no concept of what the average family can afford. We may be doing more Uni and going on other vacations. Their regular tickets will probably go up as well. Maybe we should be buying those discounted tickets for next year before they go up. I mean an AP for our family will cost us much as a year of tuition at our local state college. This is just nuts. And for them to not even offer payment plan options like Uni is really sad.

Last edited:

93boomer

Premium Member
You sure that isn’t the premier? The one that includes Disneyland?
Never mind. I just went on the main page and saw the ridiculous news. No more AP’s for us. It is too much. The people behind these increases have no concept of what the average family can afford. We may be doing more Uni and going on other vacations. Their regular tickets will probably go up as well. Maybe we should be buying those discounted tickets for next year before they go up. I mean an AP for our family will cost us much as a year of tuition at our local state college. This is just nuts. And for them to not even offer payment plan options like Uni is really sad.
Exactly. There is no way we would benefit from this higher cost.

MySmallWorldof4

Exactly. There is no way we would benefit from this higher cost.
Nothing they are building justifies a 25% increase. It’s not like it is good for 18 months. Our Uni AP’s cost $500 a person. Some blockouts but we wouldn’t go during holidays or in July anyway. We may be priced out at this point. I feel bad we upgraded the one AP now. Wish I could that upgrade money back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom