The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Funny, reminds me of my "curse".

For example, it RAINS .. EVERY.. SINGLE.. TIME during my last day of each trip.

And has been raining on the last day (even if it was not supposed to rain) for the past 20 years.

Rained on the last day of my cruise, then once was out of the cruise.. it stopped raining and was sunny.. until my last day before getting on my plane.
Even on this last flight from Houston.. It rained before boarding in Houston.

View attachment 381559

On the good side.. many times when we were told rain or hurricanes would ruin our trip.. it didnt..
Examples, first trip to Orlando to Disney World with my mother.. hurricane nearby, derailed north when we arrived.. not a single day of rain until the day we were leaving.

First Oasis and Last Oasis trips.. Hurricane and rains on the path... they all veered off or dissipated.
Last day, rained on both cruises as we arrived port or in the day we took the plane.

I think my first day the cruise started, It was on Philadelphia for a comic convention.
And its been happening since then.

I've been at Disney for 3 hurricanes, last one was Irma when WDW closed for 2 days but it was in the middle of the trip. It didn't ruin anything for us as guests. We were able to more in the parks before and after. Enjoyed the Wilderness Lodge for 2 days eating some wonderful meals and playing with all the Pups. Day three and we were back into the empty parks. It ruined nothing for us as guests, unfortunately for all the CMs that live in the area the outcome was not the same for all.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
8 now. Another hotel added to the list. Wow. Many others sick.
This is crazy.

The death count ticked to eight on Friday, when the family of a 78-year-old Ohio man revealed he died suddenly after dinner and drinks at the Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa.

Yah, I think you could find a better vacation spot, at least until all these incidents get resolved. That could definitely take time . . .

How about taking T to a National Park here in the U.S. for a summer vacation? I don't think you've mentioned those before, so it was just a brief thought that entered my mind.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Stuff like that isn't surprising, but it does make me regret being to rough on my toys as a kid and throw away the boxes. I bring that up because I grew up owning the original transformer toys Hasbro released. What I mean by Original transformer toys is Transformers have been around way before Michael Bay started to direct movies. Michael Bay graduated from college in the year the first Transformers movie came out.

The catch is I do own a lot of video games. A lot of my games really went up since I bought them. As far as my game collection goes, I do not give out the total of games I own or the worth.

Oh, I know what you mean! I've often thought that I should have saved specific dolls (and the boxes) as some of them would be worth something now. Oh well. :facepalm:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
No big plans just grocery shopping and mall walking. I wish the boys would cook but James isn't here to help and dh requested a rather tricky steak dish

The good thing is that you dh gets to celebrate his day with those at home. (Too bad James isn't there today, but he can catch up when he gets home.)

It's the acknowledgement that's most important today for fathers, not so much the specifics of a celebration.

And while I'm at it, let's acknowledge our fathers that have passed on. It's still their day, regardless of whether they are physically here anymore.

MySmallWorldof4

I had all of these (some were different colors, but, the same model) and more, back in the day...never even crossed my young mind to hold onto ‘em and keep ‘em in good condition, ‘cause they could be worth a small fortune someday... :cyclops:;):)

View attachment 381618View attachment 381619View attachment 381620View attachment 381621View attachment 381622View attachment 381623View attachment 381624View attachment 381625View attachment 381626
View attachment 381636
I know, just like the tons of baseball cards I had in the 70’s that got thrown out. I know I had some hot wheels.

MySmallWorldof4

Don't have or can't have? The original recipe was the dumpling filling from View attachment 381540 and I converted it to vegan and made a few minor changes of my own
I just looked up whether water chestnuts need to be bought organic or not and didn’t really get an answer to it. I did however find out they have lots of health benefits. I always thought they were fun crunchy filler things in Chinese food.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I just looked up whether water chestnuts need to be bought organic or not and didn’t really get an answer to it. I did however find out they have lots of health benefits. I always thought they were fun crunchy filler things in Chinese food.
It's hard to find them not canned:mad: sometimes I can find them frozen at an Asian grocer, sometimes:banghead: It's one of the few things I buy canned, just make sure to rinse them well

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom