The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Ha!!! He is very intelligent. A U of I Grad in Finance. A very nice guy but intense. Noted you have your clothing organized. He is smart yes to have a shirt strategy. He delegates the system to his wife to implement.

So yes he is is smart. I enjoy him but wouldn’t want to be his wife or an employee of his. We served on our school board together, I knew his Wife long before. I knew how to offer up my opinions when it came to schools and employees and kids when I disagreed with him. His intentions were honorable however loaded down with minute details for expectations much like his intolerance for his shirts not properly ordered. My DD thought he was crazed as he also set schedules
For his DD softball home practices so she could hone her skills. She as an adult became an elementary school teacher despite his desires for her to become an attorney. Good man, faithful husband, good Dad, just intense.

Hubby actually keeps my closet organized now too as he does all the laundry and puts it all away. I do like 3 maybe 4 loads a year. Although I did originally arrange it that way. 😀

Rista1313

Well the concert was great.... rumor confirmed, Debbie Gibson sounds like crud... Tiffany didn't get to sing enough songs... I think she just got 3 or 4. Naughty by nature only had 2 popular songs, and they weren't amazing LOL Salt and Pepa was great...I think they sang about 6 hits... who knew they had so many? New Kids on the Block was great... those guys are still going strong. If you ever liked their music and get a chance, youtube their new song, "80's baby".. it's actually all the above singers... and I'm addicted to it.

Feeling old today though, and missing my teenage years!

Some dude in front of us tried to smoke pot. We quickly got him shut down... it's not that kind of concert dude! It's legal here in Michigan in the privacy of your own home, so now we are accosted by it on the street sometimes. Just not my thing.

I would totally go and see that concert again... next time maybe a little closer up... I'll come back and attach the nosebleed seat picture from my phone.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Well the concert was great.... rumor confirmed, Debbie Gibson sounds like crud... Tiffany didn't get to sing enough songs... I think she just got 3 or 4. Naughty by nature only had 2 popular songs, and they weren't amazing LOL Salt and Pepa was great...I think they sang about 6 hits... who knew they had so many? New Kids on the Block was great... those guys are still going strong. If you ever liked their music and get a chance, youtube their new song, "80's baby".. it's actually all the above singers... and I'm addicted to it.

Some dude in front of us tried to smoke pot. We quickly got him shut down... it's not that kind of concert dude! It's legal here in Michigan in the privacy of your own home, so now we are accosted by it on the street sometimes. Just not my thing.

I would totally go and see that concert again... next time maybe a little closer up... I'll come back and attach the nosebleed seat picture from my phone.

View attachment 381239

I’m glad you had a fun time. Too bad about Debbie Gibson, I used to love her music. I recently heard and interview with her and she was talking about writing her songs as a teen and she talked about how she wrote things that she thought were good at the time but really didn’t fit her voice range. So maybe that’s why she sounded cruddy.

Songbird76

Songbird76

I was able to see Toy Story 4 yesterday. D23 was offering a special free screening for it in certain cities and one was in Minneapolis yesterday at 1:30pm so I took a friend. Since the movie isn't being released for another week, they were very tight on security. We had to bag and check our cell phones and then we were wanded as we entered the theater, even when we left to get popcorn and returned a couple minutes later he had to wand us again. And then when the movie started a security guard stood watch to make sure no one had slipped in a recording device! So that all was a different movie going experience.

Don't worry I won't give any spoilers but I will say that we both enjoyed the movie. There are a lot of funny parts and some emotional moments. We both agreed that it was a good movie but also left a little conflicted about the ending. I'll look forward to hearing reviews/thoughts from you all when you get a chance to see it. Since hubby wasn't able to go we will go again together, so I'm going to have to be really careful not to slip up and tell him how it all went down! Also they didn't show us a short before the movie so I'm assuming there will be one to paying movie goers.
That's cool that that was offered, and that they are at least trying to prevent people from spoiling it for others, etc. I didn't realize it was coming out soon. Unpopular opinion: I'm really not a Toy Story fan....I thought the first one was meh, the second one was pretty bad, and I didn't watch the 3rd. So I have no plans to watch this one, and haven't been paying attention to the news. But I'm glad you enjoyed it! I hope you and Brad will get to see it together soon so you don't have to stay silent too long. That's always so hard for me....when I read or watch something and I really want to talk to DH about it and have to keep my mouth shut.

Songbird76

View attachment 381239
So glad you had a great time! I was a big New Kids fan. I was in love with Jordan. 🥰 Jonathon was cute, too, but I really wanted to be Mrs. Jordan on the Block when I was about 13.

Sorry Debbie didn't sound good!

Songbird76

The school called today about DS's exam results because they were higher than his advice. (they are obligated by law to review it if a kid scores at least half a level higher than the advice they gave.) I wasn't expecting a call, because we always knew he would score VWO, if not get a perfect score (which he did) and special ed doesn't offer VWO, which was why he was given the HAVO advice. That's as high as his school goes. So I really wasn't expecting that rule to apply to us....no one was surprised that he scored the way he did, and we had already discussed that. But it was nice that they checked in with us anyway. The committee had already discussed it and decided NOT to change his advice, given his other issues that would make going back to regular school difficult, and he can't do VWO without going back to standard education. What they WILL do is let the high school administration know that given his test score, he would need some extra challenge, and possibly modification to the curriculum for him. I guess they have been able to arrange it in certain circumstances that a kid goes to the special education school, but takes some classes at a regular school at VWO level, or that a regular school provides the more difficult lesson material for that student, but that he completes it at the special ed school. So we'll see how it goes next year, and they do another series of testing in 2 years to see if he can go back to standard school then or not. We only get the admission for 2 year periods and then they do testing again and make a determination of where the student fits best. So they are on top of it and it's nice to know that they will do their best to keep him from getting bored.

In other news, when I went to pick him up from school today, I parked my bike and came around the corner to see smoke billowing out of the shed next to the school. The school is in an area that's just being developed...there still aren't paved streets or anything, and the houses are being built there...it's kind of a mess. But there's one house that's been there a lot longer, and it has a bunch of sheds and out buildings, and then a pasture in the back...there's nothing behind the school but nature for a bit. So the guy who lives in that one house tried to get rid of a catepillar infestation by setting it on fire. Can we say "Darwin awards"? He started hosing it down himself, so the smoke had slowed down a lot by the time the firemen got there and started in with their hoses, which are a lot more effective. They were still busy when we left, but I never saw a single flame, so they probably managed to save at least the outer structure. I bet his insurance isn't going to want to pay though, since he set the fire himself. But it was really stupid, because I guess the processional catepillars will shoot out their hairs if you set fire to them, and it's the hair that's poisonous. Smooth move!

StarWarsGirl

Oy. My guess is this is why you know you couldn’t work with him. By the way you made my DD laugh as I had to share.

I have a friend who is on top of the food chain at Fellows. I feel for his wife. She showed me his one closet just for his dress shirts. It had category divides. All colors separated. Then further divided by shade. Example Blue. Lightest first then continue on down to the darkest blue. When a white shirt came back from the cleaners it was to go to the back of the pack of white shirts so they could rotate. :oops:
I don't mind an organized closet. But a list because you need to know what goes with what....OCD much? And he was nagging my mom about the list. I told him 1. I didn't know where it was and 2. He's ridiculous.

My mom called me last night to complain about my father and his anxiety. 😂 I think it will be better once I'm there with them. This whole flying 5,000 miles alone thing is throwing him I think.

Plus, he's anxious because a credit card statement didn't come on time, and he had to have me look for it and pay it. We go through this every time they go on vacation. It would be easily solved if he paid online. But will he do it? Nope.

21stamps

We were never allowed to listen to NKOTB. My childhood crush was embarassingly Prince Eric from the Little Mermaid. And Danny Nucci from Crimson Tide

Looking back at that now.... they look surprisingly similar....

Wait, what????? Why?

Sorry, my shock is coming from a girl who watched Please Don’t Go Girl, over and over and over, every day on VHS for who knows how many consecutive months lol.
I was a die hard fan

21stamps

I don't mind an organized closet. But a list because you need to know what goes with what....OCD much? And he was nagging my mom about the list. I told him 1. I didn't know where it was and 2. He's ridiculous.

My mom called me last night to complain about my father and his anxiety. 😂 I think it will be better once I'm there with them. This whole flying 5,000 miles alone thing is throwing him I think.

Plus, he's anxious because a credit card statement didn't come on time, and he had to have me look for it and pay it. We go through this every time they go on vacation. It would be easily solved if he paid online. But will he do it? Nope.

I thought my parents were the only ones who still paid bills using checks 😂😂

I give them such a hard time about it, I’ll have to tell them that they aren’t the last ones standing. ;)

Songbird76

It is getting to be time. Unfortunately, I also owe a chunk of change in medical bills and the ones I've paid went through a bunch of my savings, so I'm going to need a bit more time to save money than anticipated.
Did your insurance not cover the medical bills? Or did you not have medical insurance? It's not like it was elective medical care!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom