The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
At least 2 and he's thinking about living at home and commuting for the first 2 years of college:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Depends on how far the commute is especially the way you guys get socked in with snow and ice along with how often the schools get canceled in your area. In the 3.5 years my DD was away they closed once. My son never had a snow day. It just depends on the schools, small privates have more wiggle room.

My niece just graduated from Hamilton in the middle of nowhere NY. They often got snowed in.

Gabe1

My mom texted me earlier. From her text I thought that my dad had left an outfit at home and wanted me to bring it.

I called my mom. Nope. That's not what he wanted.

He made a list for what goes with what and couldn't remember where he put it.

A list. For his outfits.

I can't even...

Oy. My guess is this is why you know you couldn’t work with him. By the way you made my DD laugh as I had to share.

I have a friend who is on top of the food chain at Fellows. I feel for his wife. She showed me his one closet just for his dress shirts. It had category divides. All colors separated. Then further divided by shade. Example Blue. Lightest first then continue on down to the darkest blue. When a white shirt came back from the cleaners it was to go to the back of the pack of white shirts so they could rotate. :oops:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Oy. My guess is this is why you know you couldn’t work with him. By the way you made my DD laugh as I had to share.

I have a friend who is on top of the food chain at Fellows. I feel for his wife. She showed me his one closet just for his dress shirts. It had category divides. All colors separated. Then further divided by shade. Example Blue. Lightest first then continue on down to the darkest blue. When a white shirt came back from the cleaners it was to go to the back of the pack of white shirts so they could rotate. :oops:

I have my clothes color coded and divided into shirt type categories. I like that it is very organized. That guy sounds smart to me.

Gabe1

I have my clothes color coded and divided into shirt type categories. I like that it is very organized. That guy sounds smart to me.
Ha!!! He is very intelligent. A U of I Grad in Finance. A very nice guy but intense. Noted you have your clothing organized. He is smart yes to have a shirt strategy. He delegates the system to his wife to implement.

So yes he is is smart. I enjoy him but wouldn’t want to be his wife or an employee of his. We served on our school board together, I knew his Wife long before. I knew how to offer up my opinions when it came to schools and employees and kids when I disagreed with him. His intentions were honorable however loaded down with minute details for expectations much like his intolerance for his shirts not properly ordered. My DD thought he was crazed as he also set schedules
For his DD softball home practices so she could hone her skills. She as an adult became an elementary school teacher despite his desires for her to become an attorney. Good man, faithful husband, good Dad, just intense.

Gabe1

Mommy vent time. It's a good thing James isn't here because he signed up for a class to take over the summer and neglected to tell me about it. I spent a bit of time today getting the book for him:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: is getting old

Oy. The world has moved on since my kids were both in high school and yet it hasn't in some ways. My son did two summer school classes to make his life easier for Swim Team season. One year it was in a completely different school district but he did research to make sure the credits would transfer at least. Sharing with me or the cost...not so much.

At that point of life my kids were in two different time slots for swim team early morning practices, his ended at 8am and that is when DD started. School, rush hour started at 830 am. No freak'n way could I pull off that. So I had to drop her every morning at a teammates home, they'd take her to practice and I prayed to the Karma Gods that I could hit the pool to pick her up, get home as I owned my own business and eventually needed to start my day, later than I'd like to have. Intentions good but oy.

Gabe1

And last night, after my walk and my gym, we drove down to Key West to meet a friend for dinner. She picked the place, called The Flaming Buoy. (Get it?) 🏳️‍🌈

She has been a fixture down there as a bartender for over 30 years. She knew this place had a couple of outdoor tables. When we arrived, and they saw it was her, they asked if Kylie was well-behaved. With that afternoon in the back of my head, I said, “Yes.” I knew there would be no other dogs because they weren’t generally allowed inside.

Great meal, great time, fab restaurant (wait til I get to the theming) and a perfectly behaved puppy.

She just rested under the table the whole time, got a few drinks of water, and eventually each staff member came over to see her. At the end of the evening, I brought her out from under the table, they made such a fuss over her, and told us Kylie was welcome there (inside) anytime. 😊

Love this! There are more and more places that are welcoming to well behaved pets. Me, happy Disney finally joined the trend in select resorts. We never heard the pets in POR last year and we were in a pet building. I did see them a few times walking in their designated areas for walking but within the hotel no issues.

Now if we could get my DD 80 year old landlord to change his mindset....

Gabe1

I was able to see Toy Story 4 yesterday. D23 was offering a special free screening for it in certain cities and one was in Minneapolis yesterday at 1:30pm so I took a friend. Since the movie isn't being released for another week, they were very tight on security. We had to bag and check our cell phones and then we were wanded as we entered the theater, even when we left to get popcorn and returned a couple minutes later he had to wand us again. And then when the movie started a security guard stood watch to make sure no one had slipped in a recording device! So that all was a different movie going experience.

Don't worry I won't give any spoilers but I will say that we both enjoyed the movie. There are a lot of funny parts and some emotional moments. We both agreed that it was a good movie but also left a little conflicted about the ending. I'll look forward to hearing reviews/thoughts from you all when you get a chance to see it. Since hubby wasn't able to go we will go again together, so I'm going to have to be really careful not to slip up and tell him how it all went down! Also they didn't show us a short before the movie so I'm assuming there will be one to paying movie goers.

What a nice perk! Funny that a preview of movie brings tighter security than entering several different Disney Theme Parks. Love the re-wand after purchasing popcorn.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Love this! There are more and more places that are welcoming to well behaved pets. Me, happy Disney finally joined the trend in select resorts. We never heard the pets in POR last year and we were in a pet building. I did see them a few times walking in their designated areas for walking but within the hotel no issues.

Now if we could get my DD 80 year old landlord to change his mindset....
Which of my frying pans would you like to borrow?:angelic:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom