The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I’m curious about kindergarten around the country, is it as strict other places? It’s so strange that in today’s world June, July, August is considered a “late” birthday with most kids starting a year later...and September being almost unheard of now.

A’s bday is the last day of September, my sister had to have a few meeting with her future school to even allow her to be tested for K... luckily they allowed it, but stressed to my sister & bro in law “She’ll be the youngest, we don’t recommend that..blah blah blah”. She’s ready, she’ll be fine academically, socially, and will have no problem playing ‘up’ in age group in sports (to be able to play with classmates). It really bothers me that a school would try to talk a family out of that, prior to testing. This is a private school, not public, which is a little more disappointing imo. All’s well that end well I guess... just curious if this is regional or national issue...at public as well.
I went back and forth with my DD years ago. I knew she could more than handle the education as she was years ahead of grade level. I had her IQ tested at Northwestern University. I ultimately decided to go with the flow and leave her where she placed by birthdate. She missed the cutoff also.

My decision was not for her immediate needs but Long run. Last kid to go into Drivers Ed. Last kid to go to pool without Mom being with her and friends. Last kid to be able to work. Plus all the other things kids have with minimum age requirements beyond sports. The deciding factor was future in college and the modern legal woes of sending a minor away to college with all that goes with that and RAs being responsible for their whereabouts and local curfew laws which also apply to teens.

It wasn’t ultimately about going to Elementary school early but the constant you are to young to....all the other stuff.

Rista1313

@rista if you have not heard the rest of the MB sagas. The program had a glitch. If as an example you ordered 4 different MB for the special MB $10 upcharge and only 3 were in stock the program picked a plain solid color MB as a substitute. Still because it was an upcharge program guests were charged on their credit cards $10 for a solid color MB by default of the coding in the program. When discovered the
Problem they took the page down. I have not seen if it will be fixed and restored or just fixing the credit card.

Good Grief! You'd think they were test this stuff out before they launch it!

21stamps

I went back and forth with my DD years ago. I knew she could more than handle the education as she was years ahead of grade level. I had her IQ tested at Northwestern University. I ultimately decided to go with the flow and leave her where she placed by birthdate. She missed the cutoff also.

My decision was not for her immediate needs but Long run. Last kid to go into Drivers Ed. Last kid to go to pool without Mom being with her and friends. Last kid to be able to work. Plus all the other things kids have with minimum age requirements beyond sports. The deciding factor was future in college and the modern legal woes of sending a minor away to college with all that goes with that and RAs being responsible for their whereabouts and local curfew laws which also apply to teens.

It wasn’t ultimately about going to Elementary school early but the constant you are to young to....all the other stuff.

My sister went back and forth for a while before making the decision and requesting the testing. Sister’s bday is 9/28, so she was always the youngest in her class. Off to college at 17, last to drive, turn 21, all the examples you gave. I didn’t think she would want the same for her daughter, but she said that in the end she doesn’t regret being younger, and wants the same for A.

Rista1313

As I sit on the deck I can smell the lilacs. I will pay for this with my allergies soon I’m sure but it is a perfect night to be outdoors.

Sneezes. That’s what drugs are for????

View attachment 376067

Love lilacs! I have a bush in my yard, that started out as a stick that my friend gave me 12 years ago when we moved in. It's just now finally taller than my fence.

donaldtoo

Pics from pool time with Emy and the kiddos...!!!!!!! :joyfull::inlove::hilarious:;):)

Her hat and coverup...!!! :)

E4DCA93A-E6A4-42F0-9203-8D2A3FD4DD5D.jpeg

Her swimsuit from Buc-ee’s...!!!!! :hilarious::)

E456D24D-9539-4576-8E3D-7D06B113EFDE.jpeg

Some of the pool complex...the kiddie splash area was closed, but, will open again tomorrow, so we have plans to go back again tomorrow...!!! :)

810273C7-3CF2-4D85-B00B-DA7BBC33B7E9.jpeg
1FBB6210-3160-4487-A3E7-C3E1F7729595.jpegE46BE05B-19D9-4909-8838-37FA21629D96.jpeg179E5B88-D10E-4157-BEB1-C2A69C7AD600.jpeg6DED9E3F-6B99-4DE8-BA7E-9CA3D1EACA91.jpeg77ED16EA-45A8-4F10-B662-40FD30324DEE.jpeg8CC32614-4C44-4C7D-BCBB-A4D995FF4C39.jpeg

After the pool, we went to the park next door for some swingin’ and dear little Emy was gettin’ the “swing nods”...!!!!! :hilarious::inlove::)

23BDEFED-18F5-4FFA-BEB5-59BFD5A84B98.jpeg

donaldtoo

@figmentfan423 I had this for dessert this evening.
View attachment 375266
An avocado chocolate pudding terrarium. So darn good. You’d never know there was avocado in that @Rista1313 I also tried the farmhouse meatball(impossible burger) on lentil bread. That was yummy too. It had some sort of Indian / Moroccan spicing. Want the recipe for the spices at least.

OH MY...!!!!!!!!!!! :hungry:;):)

3BCB60DC-5DF4-4456-B080-62D08A97AD48.gif

MySmallWorldof4

The Disney Stores have awesome deals this weekend. I love Edna and she came home with me. $1.99 before my discount.

View attachment 376023
Did you go to the store, or get it online?We upgraded one of our tickets to AP for the discounts. We used to get the passholder discount on the Shop Disney Parks App. Do you know if yoy get the discount on the new app?
My DD is starting to look at her choices to decorate her cap for her Masters degree graduation.

She showed me this one tonight with the Belle Bow.

View attachment 376033

I am so proud of her. She worked from the time she was 15 and while she earning her bachelors. Now While having a full time career at a University she is studying her Tushie off to earn a degree in Computer Science Engineering. Because she has mastered Python 3 and Machine Learning she has firms contacting her but she wants to finish her degree before leaping while finishing her masters. Hard choices. Still she is also working administratively for the water park this summer has for 12 years. Building a solid resume. She stuck with that to
Pay for her masters. Where there is ambition there is a way if you are determined.

When she earns her masters she will be also certified to teach at an University Level so should the economy ever tank she will have real career, solid choices.

Here motto is Woman can walk and chew gum at the same time. Gotta love her. 💓
Congratulations! Those are great accomplishments. Ambition is a great quality to possess.

MySmallWorldof4

@donaldtoo I recorded the most bizarre stuff on TCM last night!

Don’t know why, but first up: Santa Claus.

Made in Mexico in 1959 and dubbed into English. The opening scene is basically Santa in the middle of a living It’s A Small World display. He gets some help from Merlin the Wizard (!) and then battles with the devil (in the cheesiest devil costume) over children for most of the movie. So bad, but so riveting!

Next up: “Santa Conquers The Martians.” (1964.) Apparently not related - American actors, including Pia Zadora. Saving that one for tonight.

I don’t think I can delete the first one until I show it to everyone I know lol!!
Wonder if they’re on demand. Sound fun.

donaldtoo

The "clutter", overstock, whatever -- created this fun, (somewhat chaotic, with crowds) atmosphere. I remember so many happy times going through that store. And when the area was just Downtown Disney, the WOD was an actual destination for me -- a real treat on my once-yearly trip. (Memories .... :inlove: )

(I'm also reminded of a member, Fractal, and his funny TR a few years back, about when his family went to WOD. I laughed through the whole thing -- about how they all kept getting "lost" from one another, the noise, the chaos, etc. He'd stand up on a display to try and get an aerial view to see if he could spot family members, etc. :p)

Yep, definitely remember that part of his TR too, and doubt him and his family will ever forget it either...!!!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious::cautious::cool::D;):)

MySmallWorldof4

@donaldtoo I recorded the most bizarre stuff on TCM last night!

Don’t know why, but first up: Santa Claus.

Made in Mexico in 1959 and dubbed into English. The opening scene is basically Santa in the middle of a living It’s A Small World display. He gets some help from Merlin the Wizard (!) and then battles with the devil (in the cheesiest devil costume) over children for most of the movie. So bad, but so riveting!

Next up: “Santa Conquers The Martians.” (1964.) Apparently not related - American actors, including Pia Zadora. Saving that one for tonight.

I don’t think I can delete the first one until I show it to everyone I know lol!!
The second one is on demand. Adult Martians kidnap Santa and 2 Earth children to make the children of Mars happy. Sounds hysterical.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom