The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Waving at @93boomer and @Goofyernmost . We left the parking lot at MK at 11:45am. It took 45 minutes to get from MK to our car. Ridiculous.
I'm a little confused... Was it 45 minutes from the parking lot to MK at 11:45 or the other way around and also what mode of transportation did you use. If it was from MK to the Parking Lot at that time... it would have had to be some other problem. If it was the first then that will teach you to go to MK that late in the morning. ;):):D

Goofyernmost

As I sit on the deck I can smell the lilacs. I will pay for this with my allergies soon I’m sure but it is a perfect night to be outdoors.

Sneezes. That’s what drugs are for????

View attachment 376067
Lilacs are my absolute favorite. I tried for years to grow, what seem prolific in deserted places, in my yard and never saw a blossom after the first year. When our divorce forced me to another location, my new place had a blooming Lilac. It was the one (and only) nature thing that I miss. Around here, we have flowering trees everywhere. Some even look like Lilacs, but, do not have the Lilac aroma. And also being like Mary Poppins, I am practically perfect and have no allergies. It's good to be King. ;)😀

21stamps

I’m curious about kindergarten around the country, is it as strict other places? It’s so strange that in today’s world June, July, August is considered a “late” birthday with most kids starting a year later...and September being almost unheard of now.

A’s bday is the last day of September, my sister had to have a few meeting with her future school to even allow her to be tested for K... luckily they allowed it, but stressed to my sister & bro in law “She’ll be the youngest, we don’t recommend that..blah blah blah”. She’s ready, she’ll be fine academically, socially, and will have no problem playing ‘up’ in age group in sports (to be able to play with classmates). It really bothers me that a school would try to talk a family out of that, prior to testing. This is a private school, not public, which is a little more disappointing imo. All’s well that end well I guess... just curious if this is regional or national issue...at public as well.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My baby girl is finished with pre school 1, skipping Pre K2, and going straight to Kindergarten. She’ll be the youngest in her grade, but she’s excited!
Received the Principal’s award & most improved, at her graduation ceremony ❤

Her smile says it all. Off to ‘big kid’ school!

View attachment 376144View attachment 376145

Is this a niece? Just wondering I thought you only had T. She sure is cute and excited, congratulations to her.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Coffee drinkers: help.

I'm at the grocery store. My dad wants Colombian coffee. They only have a few brands here. He normally drinks Gevalia, but they're out of the Colombian version.

There's Peets, Starbucks, and Melitta here in the Colombian Roast.

Which one is best? I want to make sure I get him the right one, and a coffee-less dad will not be good.

And yes, I've tried calling home. No answer.
I hope you figured it out by now but Peet's ,SB and as for Melita just tell your dad they were out of coffee;)

Goofyernmost

I'm the mom who went to the emergency room with a kid who had a fever of 100.5. It was the highest fever he ever had by the age of 3, runs and hides under boulder
I agree. especially over 105 I had thought could push someone into shock. We started sponging off at 104, if that didn't break or went higher... next stop the ER. That was without compromise from my Wife the RN. Of course, that was in the dark ages.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
My DD is starting to look at her choices to decorate her cap for her Masters degree graduation.

She showed me this one tonight with the Belle Bow.

View attachment 376033

I am so proud of her. She worked from the time she was 15 and while she earning her bachelors. Now While having a full time career at a University she is studying her Tushie off to earn a degree in Computer Science Engineering. Because she has mastered Python 3 and Machine Learning she has firms contacting her but she wants to finish her degree before leaping while finishing her masters. Hard choices. Still she is also working administratively for the water park this summer has for 12 years. Building a solid resume. She stuck with that to
Pay for her masters. Where there is ambition there is a way if you are determined.

When she earns her masters she will be also certified to teach at an University Level so should the economy ever tank she will have real career, solid choices.

Here motto is Woman can walk and chew gum at the same time. Gotta love her. 💓
Congrats to both of you xoxo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom