The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
There is no way to make perfectly good pasta salad without peas. It's one thing to like snow, but, what have peas ever done to you?

Nothing. I just hate them. :hungover:

That part I agree with, but, it should have olives, green or black, in there.

No olives of any color should go in that pasta salad -- they don't belong, nor do the peas.

Our first and last mule headed stand with are oldest (about 6 years old at the time) was when she decided not to eat her peas. In a very stereotypical parental move we said "you don't leave the table until you eat your peas". That was our first indication of just how stubborn she could be. She sat there for 3 hours just starring at us in a very evil way. We finally had to give up, but, it wasn't without some bad feelings all around. Absolutely, not the way to handle it, but, she was our first born and we had never run into that problem before. We didn't ever do it again and I don't recommend it to anyone. We decided to give up as soon as it occurred to us that she was probably going to be the one that decided what nursing home she was going to eventually put us in. It didn't scar her, but, it also didn't weaken her stubborn tendency either.

I can relate. When I was a kid, I'd often be the last at the table, refusing to eat certain vegetables. My father called me a pelican, because I'd put something ghastly like peas in my mouth (because he told me to), but then I'd sit with them in the mouth and not chew or swallow. I liked it better when my mother sat at the table after everyone had left, because she'd give up on me sooner, than my father would. :joyfull: After years of me spitting out some veggies, the finally gave up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom