The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
I love mayo. I am the only one in my family that does. I take my portion out for those type of dishes and sub in ranch dressing for the rest of the family. Still for veggie pasta salad it is one I never use mayo with even with my love of mayo. Usually I use a tart balsamic vinaigrette. It is lighter with the pasta, adds some more flavor than mayo and makes it lighter given the heaviness of the pasta.
I usually do that in summer but I tried to strike a balance of mayo and non mayo dishes this time.

Goofyernmost

I agree there must be peas, as long as they don't come from a can. And in defense, I didn't like peas until I was around 30, so I can't blame the non pea lovers.
I use canned peas very seldom. (only in some casseroles), I don't have the energy to use peas that are still snugly in the pod and almost impossible to even find. However, frozen are almost as good as peas directly from the pod. My grandparents used to have a fairly good sized garden and they always planted a section for me. They never got in the house, I consumed them sitting on the back steps. When I had my own garden my daughters and I would pick them and sit in the deck and eat them, never getting inside, much to my wife's upset. At least she never had to cook them.

Our first and last mule headed stand with are oldest (about 6 years old at the time) was when she decided not to eat her peas. In a very stereotypical parental move we said "you don't leave the table until you eat your peas". That was our first indication of just how stubborn she could be. She sat there for 3 hours just starring at us in a very evil way. We finally had to give up, but, it wasn't without some bad feelings all around. Absolutely, not the way to handle it, but, she was our first born and we had never run into that problem before. We didn't ever do it again and I don't recommend it to anyone. We decided to give up as soon as it occurred to us that she was probably going to be the one that decided what nursing home she was going to eventually put us in. It didn't scar her, but, it also didn't weaken her stubborn tendency either.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

Oh trust me, I wrestled with it. It has been an expensive tech year for me. A new iPhone, a new iPad and now the Apple Watch. In defense I keep all my tech a long time. I went from an iPhone 4 to an iPhone 10. My iPad wasn't supporting new apps anymore.

I wear a Fitbit. I keep track of my movement each day as I am not a kid anymore and it is too easy to sit on ones tushie all day and a couch potato when the work day ends. My problem is I was on my 3rd Fitbit. I wear it everyday and by 9 months 3 for 3 died. I bit the bullet and purchased the Apple Watch. As with the Fitbit some will be surprised by how much they physically keep moving all day and other surprised how sedentary they are.
I've had my Fitbit Alta HR for a year and a half now. I wear it every day. Only issue with it is the battery life doesn't last quite as long as it used to. It's still otherwise gone strong, though. I also have a Flex as a backup and for when I'm swimming. I'd have filed a warranty claim if it had lasted less than a year.

My mom got her iPad last year. Old one still works, but it was just very old. She got an iPhone 6s recently on a deal from AT&T (it was $199 outright and they gave her a $45 account credit). She's really happy with her phone now. Doubt she'll get the watch, though.

StarWarsGirl

I told Mom that I'm staying in WDW two days longer than them. She had the exact reaction I thought she'd have: figure out transportation home from the airport because she's not picking me up. 😂 Which is fine because I'm flying down on a Friday night, so I was just going to pack up and leave straight from work.

She and I have the same idea with Dad...let him find out eventually when it comes up. Or when he looks at the MDE account. One of those two.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom