The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Did they really expect people not to do their homework and just accept the pricey estimate? I don't know many who blindly say "OK" just because a repairman says that's what it's going to cost. But good for you on looking it up and fixing it yourselves!

Really glad to hear it worked out for them, too. , :) Just to mention here, that sometimes it can also go the other way--people end up damaging something, and ending up paying more in the end to have it done by a repair person.

I think the trick is to research well (like you said), but if the job appears like it might be too much for an untrained person to do, it might be worth hiring someone. All depends upon the job itself, of course.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Same thing here.

I know my dad got cigar boxes and used for lots of stuff to store things in. I know my dad mentioned many years back that he got empty cigar boxes and wanted to use them for storing stuff even back when he still was a smoker. My dad was a cigarette smoker when he was a smoker before he quit in his 30s.. I'm sure most or all boxes my dad got were given to him empty since the only time he had cigars was to pass them out when my younger brother and I were born.

I remembered my dad had my younger brother and I store baseball cards in Cigar box. My parents even stored office supplies around the house in Cigar boxes including markers. When my mom was doing her one craft fair of the year, My dad had my mom use a cigar box for storing her change and dollars bills.

I know when I was a kid, we bought plenty of wooden crates with soda in them. We kept all the crates. My dad used them storing storing stuff in the crates in garage, and to store items in the pantry down the basement.

We must be from the same neighborhood! :joyfull:

Here's a few projects we did at home. My mother used to buy cans of frozen orange juice. The larger cans (once emptied out) made good pen and pencil holders, for the top of a desk. We used to decorate the outside of the can with some colorful felt, and then glue on some little sparkles for color. (When I was a kid, I thought it looked just gorgeous. :hilarious: )

My father also had cigar boxes (before he completely quit smoking about the age of 45). He'd use them for storing nails, hooks, and other smaller items, downstairs on his workbench. He gave me a box, and I made it into a jewelry box. I used sticky contact paper with a Cinderella design, and covered the outside of the box. Inside, I had a little piece of felt to line the bottom. Then I put in my jewelry (no, nothing from Tiffany's . . . ;))

Oh, my necklaces smelled like cigars . . . :p

Rista1313

Portillo's food is just awesome. 2 have moved into the Tampa area. Hoping they'll drop down to the Orlando area.

Did I read that right? You got the Meatballs from Portillo's? Well there happens to be one right in St Charles near the hotel my hubby's convention is at... so I guess I could try them... not sure if I can stop myself from the roast beef though!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Did I read that right? You got the Meatballs from Portillo's? Well there happens to be one right in St Charles near the hotel my hubby's convention is at... so I guess I could try them... not sure if I can stop myself from the roast beef though!

The sausage is really good at Portillo's as well. I usually get one on my beef sandwich there. Yum, wish I had one now.

donaldtoo

Yikes, is she teething? That's when my kids tended to have the diaper blowouts. Every time they got a new tooth.

Yes, sheā€™s currently teething, but, this has also happened before when she wasnā€™t.
Iā€™ve heard same, but, donā€™t recall that being the case with our 3 kiddos.
All I know is, whoever invents the fist ā€œno blowoutā€ diaper is gonnaā€™ be... :greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy:...!!!!!!! :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom