The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Did I read that right? You got the Meatballs from Portillo's? Well there happens to be one right in St Charles near the hotel my hubby's convention is at... so I guess I could try them... not sure if I can stop myself from the roast beef though!

I'd be ordering the beef, sweet peppers please and extra juicy.

I'd also recommend McNally's on Main Street real close to the River. It is a small Irish Pub and Restaurant. Food is standard Bar Type but prepared so well. I go to the Scarecrowfest there every year. It is really nice. The only hotel I've stayed in while in St. Charles is Pheasant Run. I was at a convention.

Gabe1

ridiculous how your prices are pretty similar to Mexico.

Around 4 avocados (1 Kg) is around 60 to 80 pesos depending on what the local big retailers say)
You can get them waaay cheaper if you drive near the avocado farms or the street vendors (like half the price)

True. If I go to an Apple Orchard a can buy a bushel of apples cheaper than some stores.

Gabe1

I want this shirt

Minion-Mickey-600x600.jpg

Gabe1

I mentioned our broken garage door a while back. The repair company said the door company no llonger makes our door so our options were a new panel, or a new door. Problem is the new panel wouldn’t look like the old and we have 2 garage doors, so one wouldn’t look like the other if we changed. Anyway just to change a panel would have been over $500 with labor. Mind you the only thing that was broken was the bracket that attaches to the garage door opener. So, dh and I looked on the door company’s website for repair parts and lo and behold they had a bracket that was universal. For $30 we figured it was worth a shot. Guess what? It works!!! :)

My double door was $1200 installed. Ouch! Old one wasn't broken, but sometimes peeps being peeps try to fix things that are not broken. My case was I needed another remote cause the garage fits 3 cars. Home Depot. Came back with a key pad instead to open/close door, 3x the cost of a basic remote. Electrician friend across street. Nope.

My DD and I came home later and found the entire garage door bent and panels popping from hinges. So my remote cost $1200. Job well done. :cautious:

Cesar R M

True. If I go to an Apple Orchard a can buy a bushel of apples cheaper than some stores.
Yes but here they want us to charge import/external prices just because we're a tourist town.
they are starting to abuse that a lot of people from Canada and USA are moving to retire here. And they are almost price matching from some foreign towns that do not produce these kind of products.

Gabe1

Yes but here they want us to charge import/external prices just because we're a tourist town.
they are starting to abuse that a lot of people from Canada and USA are moving to retire here. And they are almost price matching from some foreign towns that do not produce these kind of products.

It isn’t just Mexico. It happens to so many locals that reside in Tourist areas for groceries and gasoline as an example.

When I was small my folks would rent an apartment for a month or two in Ft Lauderdale each spring. My Mom always said how expensive food was around that Tourist area. The old route down very different than the tollways of today gas was always much higher in price

Gabe1

Guess if you have a garden in Mexico you can grow one too. If I ever move to Florida I am getting one, as well as lemon, lime, orange, and grapefruit. ;)

I was eyeing a townhome yesterday that had a 3 season porch, a small deck and a tiny plot of grass. (perfect set up for a Pup) and there was a lemon and lime tree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom