The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

Cesar R M

I'm not sure what you consider expensive but I can get a bag of 6 Avocados at
Sam's Club for $5.98 or the smaller ones at Walmart 68 cent each. They are a bit more expensive at Aldi at $1.29 I went with Sam's club this week cause they looked the best.
ridiculous how your prices are pretty similar to Mexico.

Around 4 avocados (1 Kg) is around 60 to 80 pesos depending on what the local big retailers say)
You can get them waaay cheaper if you drive near the avocado farms or the street vendors (like half the price)

Cesar R M

Just what kind of bacon do you speak of Sir. Those Canadian Circles or the American rectangles?

You would have love my St. Louis Ribs this evening.

baby-back-ribs.jpg

meatballs were delish

thumb_600.jpg

And for my meatless friends (no chicken) but sorry B A C O N sorry you'll have to pick it out

Figgy1

Premium Member
We will celebrate my Birthday in true fashion on Friday cause the manchild will be here but today it was take out from Portillo's with Ribs, meatballs, chopped salad etc. Delicious.

A few of my Disney related presents for my upcoming Disney trip.

Crossbody Purse is for the parks. It's about 4x6 inches folds in half, and will easily slide into back pocket. I could put my tiny wallet in other pocket and iPhone and skip bagcheck many days anyhow. I envy guys that go in with a wallet and iPhone and they are in. Those express lanes are mostly guys. Jealous.
View attachment 363164
And @figmentfan423 my kids know what I love...my new Lapu Lapu shirt, it is so soft.
View attachment 363165

And a travel stainless steel, insulated wine mug with a clear lid. Poolside compliant.
Bonus, 14 ounces. I could spend hours by one of the 5 pools.

View attachment 363166

Friday will be Uncle Julio's for dinner. Slurp!
And @figmentfan423 my DD gave me a smaller 3 quart Le Creuset dutch oven. It is so pretty. 💓

2993418_fpx.tif
Happy birthday @Gabe1 363178

MySmallWorldof4

Maybe have the girl bring her English textbooks so you know what she is suppose to be learning.
Watching Barney might not be the best idea (for anyone) but some English YouTube videos could be helpful. It's how my 10 year old nephew learned English since his parents forbid him from watching anything in Dutch or Slovakian (mother language) he only watched English kids videos now his English is so good he isn't allowed to watch those anymore. He's moved on to Manderin and German.
Wow, great idea!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Cute sunrise here this mornin’, and it got up to 89 with a current temp of 82...!!! :happy:

View attachment 363105

I noticed the horizontal traffic lights. We don't have too many of those in my area. If there is a long beam like you showed in the photo, often the traffic lights will be in the vertical position, hanging from the pole.

Not that my observation here this morning is particularly fascinating or anything ... :p

MySmallWorldof4

could an elevated garden system helped?
Ours is elevated actually. It is a planting bed that is about 8 feet by 12 feet. The people we bought the house from built it. My guess is they built it probable because our soil is crummy and it doesn’t take much to dig down amd hit limestone. We were told that when developers build homes, they remove all the topsoil and then sell it.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
exactly, there is no real reason to change every 6 months.. and hardly every year.
Unless of course its all about looks and showoff a new model constantly.

Glad to hear this from a technical person like yourself. I think too many people assume they have to upgrade all the time. What bothers me is all the waste (and I'm not just talking about phones, specifically). When I was growing up, my parents and grandparents would hardly ever throw out something that could be repaired or repurposed. Getting anything "new" was a big deal to our family.

MySmallWorldof4

I have a love/hate relationship with Illuminations. I loved the Illuminations I saw as a kid when the music focused on cultural music from the countries and each country lit up when it's music was played. But I also like the music with Reflections of Earth, but I hate that globe. That globe with the images that can barely be seen is a sore thumb to me. I like all the pyro at the start and I do like the end with the "We Go On" song.

I am really looking forward to Epcot Forever, that will be some fantastic music!
What music will be in Epcot Forever? I love We Go On as well.

Rista1313

Kielbasa loaf is a Polish lunch meat. Think smoked polish sausage just with ginormously more girth. Then they slice it like lunch meat. So try a Polish Deli.

We have plenty of Polish deli's here (the town is pretty much 1/2 polish, 1/2 dutch, and a big mix of mutts) but I truly haven't seen this kielbasa loaf!

If that fails try Meijer Food and Box stores if you have those down here. They carry it up here.

Plenty of Meijers.. they are headquartered here.... I'll have to check next time I'm there...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom