The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I just watched it... we watched it from a weird angle last May... so I wanted to watch what I missed last time. In Sept, I'll mostly see Epcot Forever. This will probably be very unpopular, but I am not a fan of illuminations =/

I have a love/hate relationship with Illuminations. I loved the Illuminations I saw as a kid when the music focused on cultural music from the countries and each country lit up when it's music was played. But I also like the music with Reflections of Earth, but I hate that globe. That globe with the images that can barely be seen is a sore thumb to me. I like all the pyro at the start and I do like the end with the "We Go On" song.

I am really looking forward to Epcot Forever, that will be some fantastic music!

Rista1313

I have a love/hate relationship with Illuminations. I loved the Illuminations I saw as a kid when the music focused on cultural music from the countries and each country lit up when it's music was played. But I also like the music with Reflections of Earth, but I hate that globe. That globe with the images that can barely be seen is a sore thumb to me. I like all the pyro at the start and I do like the end with the "We Go On" song.

I am really looking forward to Epcot Forever, that will be some fantastic music!

Well it looks like I just missed the announcement:

Disney has announced that the final showing of "Illuminations" will be on September 30 and the new interim show "Epcot Forever" will start up on October 1.

So I won't be seeing Epcot forever afterall... booo! Oh well... I know what we can skip at night now!

donaldtoo

Oh my gosh! I totally forgot it was coming up. I am so excited for you!!! Yes, take us along with plenty of pictures. Hope you can get the Orange Bird sipper. The Spinners will be performing this weekend and Dennis DeYoung from Styx will be there during the week.

Oh my, talk about blasts from the past!!!
One of my favorite Styx songs...!!! :)

donaldtoo

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That just reminded me of something. Back in the last century, (sigh), deli's and meat markets used to sell something called kielbasa loaf. Just a cold meat sandwich item. I loved that stuff and was my favorite cold meat. That along with many others have disappeared and the only choices left now are Ham, Turkey, Beef or Chicken. Man, I'm getting sick of those four choices. End of whine!
@Rista1313
Our Deli has to have at least 100 different lunch meat offerings, have to find a new Deli Sir!

Kielbasa loaf is a Polish lunch meat. Think smoked polish sausage just with ginormously more girth. Then they slice it like lunch meat. So try a Polish Deli.

If that fails try Meijer Food and Box stores if you have those down here. They carry it up here.

Gabe1

We will celebrate my Birthday in true fashion on Friday cause the manchild will be here but today it was take out from Portillo's with Ribs, meatballs, chopped salad etc. Delicious.

A few of my Disney related presents for my upcoming Disney trip.

Crossbody Purse is for the parks. It's about 4x6 inches folds in half, and will easily slide into back pocket. I could put my tiny wallet in other pocket and iPhone and skip bagcheck many days anyhow. I envy guys that go in with a wallet and iPhone and they are in. Those express lanes are mostly guys. Jealous.
And @figmentfan423 my kids know what I love...my new Lapu Lapu shirt, it is so soft.

And a travel stainless steel, insulated wine mug with a clear lid. Poolside compliant.
Bonus, 14 ounces. I could spend hours by one of the 5 pools.

Friday will be Uncle Julio's for dinner. Slurp!
And @figmentfan423 my DD gave me a smaller 3 quart Le Creuset dutch oven. It is so pretty. 💓

2993418_fpx.tif

Last edited:

Gabe1

How spoiled we Americans have become. As a product of the 50's I can remember we only ate what was in season and grown in this country. Now we expect to get grapes, apples, avocados, you name it every month of the year-- imported from the 4 corners of the globe.

I don't look at is as how spoiled we Americans have become more how fortunate we Americans are. I'm only slightly older than you and from the midwest. We never would avocados if it wasn't for awesome shipping and transportation.

I feel blessed that worldwide we import and export farm goods. I've been introduced to so many new types of produce and foods from other cultures. Sure I enjoy the 3 month a year I can eat local tomatoes, sweet corn and cucumbers grown locally but will happily eat the lovely red tomatoes from out West the rest of the year. Spent a good chunk of my life in the air and marine cargo transportation industry and is a tribute to countries around the world including ours that can trade food products. I bought a tub of Couscous from Morocco last week.

Last edited:

Gabe1

I used to live by the rule that food shouldn't be green unless it is a leafy looking thing. I like Guacamole and eat it at restaurants, but, I have never bought one at the supermarket. I like them, but, not enough to spend that much for a single fruit. The only ones I have seen in this area I don't know if the local ones are from Mexico or California, I know one is smaller then the other, but, I don't know which is which. Either way Mexico or California they are still to expensive so I pass them by with no regret.

I'm not sure what you consider expensive but I can get a bag of 6 Avocados at
Sam's Club for $5.98 or the smaller ones at Walmart 68 cent each. They are a bit more expensive at Aldi at $1.29 I went with Sam's club this week cause they looked the best.

donaldtoo

California In 'Exceptional' 100-Year Earthquake Drought, Study Says

We're all doomed

We were told by “experts” we were doomed every 6 mos. or so for the entire time we lived in No Cal from ‘68-‘76 back in the day.
We had earthquake drills at school, and we had at least 3 small-ish earthquakes that I remember while we were living there, that I’ve posted fun about before here a few times, so not going back into detail...interesting experiences, though.
All that being said, and as you posted, unfortunately, California is looooooong overdue for a major quake.

Gabe1

I blame the vegetarians.

Beef and Bacon season run all year :hungry::hungry::hungry:

Just what kind of bacon do you speak of Sir. Those Canadian Circles or the American rectangles?

You would have love my St. Louis Ribs this evening.

baby-back-ribs.jpg

meatballs were delish

thumb_600.jpg

And for my meatless friends (no chicken) but sorry B A C O N sorry you'll have to pick it out

Last edited:

Gabe1

God Bless I'm a pretty dang healthy lady, don't pick up a lot. I can't say I've ever became ill because of an airline flight but my son recently asked to be moved away immediately from an ill lady. I've been flying for over 55 years now. Me when I generally pick up a common bug it is family shared. So much worse when they were small and tiny.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom