The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

So, does anyone else have this intermittent issue: when you want to put one of the Smilies in your message (and you attempt to place it at the end of a sentence, for example) that it somehow automatically goes to the beginning of a sentence?? Drives me nuts.
Yes, I have to retouch again in the last sections of the reply or comment to get the icons to appear correctly.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Mini Efteling Trip report.
Saturday, April 6th.

We got up early and grabbed some breakfast on our way out of town. The park opened at 10 and we wanted to be there for rope drop. DH always underestimates the time we need to get somewhere. He looks it up in Google, but fails to account for the fact that he does not drive the speed limit, and that Saturdays are busy travel days and there may be delays. I was hurrying everyone a long a bit at breakfast so we could get going, and DH is saying we have plenty of time!

We got there at 9:50 and had to park so far away that it was a 5 minute walk to the gates, and we all (except DH) needed to use the bathroom before entering....then DH decided he should get a parking card so we didn't have to battle the crowds on the way out. Good idea, but he could have done that while the rest of us were in the restrooms. So we actually didn't get in until about 10:05. DD decided to go on the coasters with Daddy....a first, but she LOVED it. I took DS to Symbolica. By the time we got there 10 minutes after opening, the wait time was already at 30 minutes.
View attachment 362453

We chose the Hero adventure: (blue)
View attachment 362454

I took a video of the ride instead of pictures, but I don't know how to get to my video....it didn't show up in my files that I can find. But I don't know how to post a video on here anyway.

We got out and DH and DD were still having a blast doing coasters. So DS and I moved on. I grabbed a quick pic of Pardoes.

View attachment 362455View attachment 362456

Then we walked toward the Whale. DS is better at reading a map than I am. I would have gone the wrong way.

View attachment 362457

View attachment 362458View attachment 362459
View attachment 362460
thank you!

Cesar R M

Efteling cont...

By the time we got to the Whale, DH and DD were already in line there. They were able to get on for the ride before we were....no, we did not cut to where they were in line. The boats only seat 2 anyway, so we couldn't have sat together, and we aren't the type to cut so we can skip the line.
After we did that ride, DD wanted to go on another type of boat...
View attachment 362461
View attachment 362462

I think we went to the Cauldrons next? Efteling version of the teacups.

View attachment 362463

I could not get a decent picture to save my life....this was the best of a very bad bunch. DD didn't want to go on it, so she was trying to make a video with a tree?
View attachment 362464View attachment 362465

Then we went to Symbolica because DD hadn't gotten to do it yet. This time we did the Music tour. Again, I don't have pictures...I was planning to screen shot from the videos, but I can't find the videos. I'll have to try again later.

Then we went to lunch.
DD and I each got a kaassouffle and a kipcorn with fries. The fries were pretty awful...very bland and just not good. Everything else was......fine. It's theme park food.

View attachment 362466

DH's Frikandel Speciaal. Frikandel with a spicy ketchup, mayo, and onions. DS had Frikandel with just mayo. They both also had fries and agreed that they were not good.

View attachment 362467

Since we were in the area with the carousels, I looked for a pig....I thought that's what @RedNoseMickey mentioned, but I think I must have misunderstood, because I couldn't find any carousel with a pig. Now I need to go back and look at what she actually said and see where I went wrong.
View attachment 362468
View attachment 362469
Videos in a camera are usually in a different directory than the photos.
Check the root of the memory.

Nikon devices for example.. have a DCIM for photos and a VIDEO for.. duuh videos ;)

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Efteling cont...

So after we got out of Ravelijn, we headed for the sprookjesbos. DH had looked online and there were 2 different Ingress Missions he could do in the park. He didn't want to do the bigger one because you had to start at the entrance for that because you have to go in order, and that clashed with his plans of rushing to the back to do the coasters before it got busy. He didn't want to have to criss cross back and forth through the park, so he decided he could do the smaller of the two missions, which was just in the sprookjesbos. More on that later.

We had to go to the sprookjesbos entrance closest to the main gate of the park. (there are multiple entrances to the fairytale forest)
First up, the big fish next to Pinnochio:

View attachment 362500

Fishy didn't want to open his mouth. We had to wait a few minutes.
View attachment 362501

Then we walked along the path....I didn't take pictures of everything. Some things are not picture worthy...some things are only cool if you see them move, which can't be captured with still pictures.

The Troll King
View attachment 362502

Rapunsel
View attachment 362503View attachment 362504

It was about here that DH was lagging behind and looked at the mission and realized it was sending him in a completely opposite direction. So he said farewell to us and went to complete his mission. He later said the google site was misrepresentative of what it was. It wasn't just in the Sprookjesbos, and at one point he had to cross the entire park for one of the mission spots. If he had known what it really was, he'd have never started, but once you start, if you don't finish, your page looks wonky because you get a "sticker" for each part of the mission you do, and when you get all the stickers, in order, they form a picture. Which is why you have to go in order, and you have to complete the mission to complete the picture.

These toadstools play Bach's minuet in G.
View attachment 362505

This one, the dragon guarding the treasure chest is sleeping. When you pull the crown, he wakes up and breathes smoke. The kids line up to pull the crown, and DD wanted a turn, but was letting all the little kids go first since she is a "big kid"....she waited so patiently, and when it was finally her turn, she was waiting for the dragon to fall asleep again, and just as he did, 2 kids came running up, cut in front of her, and pulled the crown....she waited until he fell asleep again and both kids had had a turn. The parents were calling the 2 boys on, and they waited until the dragon fell asleep, and pulled it again before running off, stealing DD's turn. Then the dragon started to fall asleep, and a boy in a wheelchair rolled up. DD gave up and decided it just wasn't going to happen because she didn't feel like she had as much right as the younger kids and she didn't want to disappoint any of them whose parents were standing there saying "Go ahead! Pull the crown", impatient to move on.
View attachment 362506View attachment 362507

View attachment 362509
yikes, it seems your kids have had very bad luck in this park so far o_o
I mean, the front seats thing, then the live show seats thing.. and then the crown thing..

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Patkhopped to Epcot. Had some food that was amazing!
All of these were from the Honey Bistro booth. Roasted cauliflower, honey tandoori chicken flatbread, honey mascarpone cheesecake, and the honey ale.
I don’t care for beer much but DH likes it. View attachment 362632

I had the cheesecake and the flat bread last year. Both were good but I really liked the cheesecake, I have the recipe for it but I haven't made it yet. Hubs doesn't like cheesecake, yet he ate his fair share of this one and whenever I talk about making it at home he says he doesn't like it. I think to myself...why did you eat it at Epcot then!?!!?🤦:)

donaldtoo

So, does anyone else have this intermittent issue: when you want to put one of the Smilies in your message (and you attempt to place it at the end of a sentence, for example) that it somehow automatically goes to the beginning of a sentence?? Drives me nuts.

Something similar happens (every time - not intermittent) on my work desktop, after I place the first emoji. I set the cursor at the end of a sentence (or wherever), leave a space, and right after I place the first emoji the window disappears and the cursor appears at the top of the page at the beginning of my post or a quoted post. So, then I hafta’ reset the cursor and repeat as many times as I want to place emojis in a certain spot.
With my iPhone, on the other hand, the emoji window stays up so I can place as many emojis as I want before closing the emoji window.
Frustrating, indeed, on the desktop, and kinda’ weird, as most operations are usually easier on the desktop.
But, then again, I could be missing something very simple... :cyclops:;)

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

Efteling cont...

The app totally lied to us about the wait time for Droomvlucht. It was only 15 minutes. I timed it. It was completely on for Symbolica, but not for Droomvlucht. So DD and I did DV twice before the boys were done with S. Then we joined up for the next Ravelijn show. 2 years ago, we went in the summer, and you needed a ticket to get into Ravelijn. It was free, but you needed to reserve a ticket to get a seat. This time, being the off-season, we did not need a ticket, but since the boys had been met with a full theater for the first show, we wanted to be there on time for the next one. DD were literally next door to the theater, so we went and got in line for the show. This is one where we don't mind the rest of our party joining us in the line later. There are no assigned seats, you pick which section and seat you want and people just head to whichever staircase they want. So we waited for the boys....there were only a handful of people already in line. The show wasn't for 45 minutes and most people don't want to wait in line that long. We knew which section we wanted, so we wanted to be at the head of the line. The first time we saw this show, we were all the way to the right and couldn't see anything happening at the front of the arena because of the sets. The second time, we sat right in the front, and the sets were in the way, because half the show takes place behind it....it's not set up well for that. So this time we wanted to sit in the section between the far right and the middle. We waited patiently at the gate and passed the time with an Efteling app that has a version of "who am I" where it assigns you a character and everyone can see who it is except for you, and you have to ask questions to figure out who you are. Snow White, Red Riding Hood, the Troll King, etc.
And wouldn't you know it, they opened a side gate instead of the main gate. I was a bit disgruntled that we had been waiting there for such a long time before anyone else, and then they opened a different gate so all the people behind us got in first. But it was ok, because they all went for the other staircases and we had prime seating exactly where we wanted. We couldn't have had much better seats. They were perfect. And there was a cute baby behind us that was all smiles and trying to get our attention (he managed it quite easily). So we played with the baby until the show actually started.
The show:
A father comes into the crowd looking for his 5 children....they've gone missing and he wants help to find them. The audience tells him to look behind the curtain. He exits, the curtain falls away, and we see a dilapidated city gate/port. We see 4 teens with ravens, looking for their brother...they enter the mist-filled port and emerge in armour on horseback and find the Raven queen who asks for their help in freeing the city from an evil sorcerer Olaf who has oppressed them and ruined their city. The brother found the port earlier and was already helping, and they fight the sorcerer's multiple-headed dragon-like creature.

View attachment 362478
View attachment 362479

View attachment 362480

View attachment 362481

This part was amusing....Olaf rises from the water, only he tripped. The dialogue is clearly pre-recorded because at the moment he tripped, he was in mid-sentence and there was not a falter in his speech as he warns them they should not have come here, all while he's staggering through the water and climbing onto dry land. He has to crack his whip, and there's the sound of a cracking whip, but because he tripped, he dropped the whip, then had to grab it, but he grabbed it in the middle instead of at the end, so he just made this slamming motion with his hand as though he was cracking the whip, but it was less than impressive as it looked more like a ribbon that rhythmic gymnasts use...not very imposing. It was comical. You can see the abandoned whip that he threw aside behind the cage as he kind of shuffled forward with his head hanging.
View attachment 362482View attachment 362483
View attachment 362485
View attachment 362486
View attachment 362487
I am really enjoying your little tr. That theater set looks pretty elaborate. Funny event with the tripping actor. I am sure he wasn’t amused though. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom