The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

12in12

That almost makes me wish I could drink beer. Our most used spices and such for food pink sea salt, peppercorns, garlic, ginger(fresh), oregano, basil, mustard and bay leaves. For food and tea Cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, cloves, coriander, fenugreek, fennel seeds, allspice and fresh turmeric. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few and don't get me started on fresh legal herbs. Again anybody here willing to swap bills?
Nope, my food bill comes to about $20 a week max and I am happy with that.:greedy:

Songbird76

Efteling cont...

The app totally lied to us about the wait time for Droomvlucht. It was only 15 minutes. I timed it. It was completely on for Symbolica, but not for Droomvlucht. So DD and I did DV twice before the boys were done with S. Then we joined up for the next Ravelijn show. 2 years ago, we went in the summer, and you needed a ticket to get into Ravelijn. It was free, but you needed to reserve a ticket to get a seat. This time, being the off-season, we did not need a ticket, but since the boys had been met with a full theater for the first show, we wanted to be there on time for the next one. DD were literally next door to the theater, so we went and got in line for the show. This is one where we don't mind the rest of our party joining us in the line later. There are no assigned seats, you pick which section and seat you want and people just head to whichever staircase they want. So we waited for the boys....there were only a handful of people already in line. The show wasn't for 45 minutes and most people don't want to wait in line that long. We knew which section we wanted, so we wanted to be at the head of the line. The first time we saw this show, we were all the way to the right and couldn't see anything happening at the front of the arena because of the sets. The second time, we sat right in the front, and the sets were in the way, because half the show takes place behind it....it's not set up well for that. So this time we wanted to sit in the section between the far right and the middle. We waited patiently at the gate and passed the time with an Efteling app that has a version of "who am I" where it assigns you a character and everyone can see who it is except for you, and you have to ask questions to figure out who you are. Snow White, Red Riding Hood, the Troll King, etc.
And wouldn't you know it, they opened a side gate instead of the main gate. I was a bit disgruntled that we had been waiting there for such a long time before anyone else, and then they opened a different gate so all the people behind us got in first. But it was ok, because they all went for the other staircases and we had prime seating exactly where we wanted. We couldn't have had much better seats. They were perfect. And there was a cute baby behind us that was all smiles and trying to get our attention (he managed it quite easily). So we played with the baby until the show actually started.
The show:
A father comes into the crowd looking for his 5 children....they've gone missing and he wants help to find them. The audience tells him to look behind the curtain. He exits, the curtain falls away, and we see a dilapidated city gate/port. We see 4 teens with ravens, looking for their brother...they enter the mist-filled port and emerge in armour on horseback and find the Raven queen who asks for their help in freeing the city from an evil sorcerer Olaf who has oppressed them and ruined their city. The brother found the port earlier and was already helping, and they fight the sorcerer's multiple-headed dragon-like creature.

This part was amusing....Olaf rises from the water, only he tripped. The dialogue is clearly pre-recorded because at the moment he tripped, he was in mid-sentence and there was not a falter in his speech as he warns them they should not have come here, all while he's staggering through the water and climbing onto dry land. He has to crack his whip, and there's the sound of a cracking whip, but because he tripped, he dropped the whip, then had to grab it, but he grabbed it in the middle instead of at the end, so he just made this slamming motion with his hand as though he was cracking the whip, but it was less than impressive as it looked more like a ribbon that rhythmic gymnasts use...not very imposing. It was comical. You can see the abandoned whip that he threw aside behind the cage as he kind of shuffled forward with his head hanging.

Songbird76

Thanks so much for sharing the Efteling with me. Growing up we had AP to it (it was cheap back then) so I have so many wonderful childhood memories there.
For me there is only one carousel in the Efteling, (the indoor one where DD is sitting on the horse) and that carousel has 2 pigs. On a rainy day my mother would take us to the Efteling and my brothers and sister I would ride the carousel over and over. Since there are only 2 pigs and 4 of us there was always fierce competition for the pigs.
To this day my siblings and I "fight" over the pig and we have past on this tradition to my nieces and nephews.View attachment 362484 I'm petty enough not to let them win but nice enough to share the pig with one of the younger children.
Huh...is that still there then? Because I never saw a whole carousel indoors. There is now a "diorama" in that space, and we had made a stop to use the bathroom. DH was waiting outside for us, and I told DS to meet us in the hallway when we were all done, and we stood there waiting and waiting, not realizing he had not heard or not understood or something. So he had left the building and was outside with daddy, while DD and I were waiting for him, and the horse DD is on was just through a door off the hallway, but that was the only thing in the room. Just that one horse. While we were waiting, she was playing around and went to sit on the horse and I took the picture. But we did not explore the rest of that building as we didn't want to miss DS when he came out of the bathroom.

12in12

Huh...is that still there then? Because I never saw a whole carousel indoors. There is now a "diorama" in that space, and we had made a stop to use the bathroom. DH was waiting outside for us, and I told DS to meet us in the hallway when we were all done, and we stood there waiting and waiting, not realizing he had not heard or not understood or something. So he had left the building and was outside with daddy, while DD and I were waiting for him, and the horse DD is on was just through a door off the hallway, but that was the only thing in the room. Just that one horse. While we were waiting, she was playing around and went to sit on the horse and I took the picture. But we did not explore the rest of that building as we didn't want to miss DS when he came out of the bathroom.
The carousel is right behind the wall in your picture, I'm a 100% certain it is still there. My sister and I would be the people chaining ourselves to the pigs in protest if the Efteling ever tried to get rid of it.

Songbird76

The carousel is right behind the wall in your picture, I'm a 100% certain it is still there. My sister and I would be the people chaining ourselves to the pigs in protest if the Efteling ever tried to get rid of it.
Well, I guess we have an excuse to go back and explore more, then!! I would love to see that! We have only ever seen the Diorama, and only because the first time we went, DD had to go so bad and that was the nearest bathroom. I didn't think there was anything else in that building!

Songbird76

Well, I guess we have an excuse to go back and explore more, then!! I would love to see that! We have only ever seen the Diorama, and only because the first time we went, DD had to go so bad and that was the nearest bathroom. I didn't think there was anything else in that building!
I went and looked it up...that indoor one is in the Carousel Paleis....we never went in there. I thought it was just a walk through display of characters. I didn't realize there was an actual attraction there. You know in the sprookjesbos how there are displays for like....sleeping beauty, or Cinderella, and you just walk through the little building and look in the windows at the different scenes? That's what I thought it was. So we never went in there. Next time, we'll have to do it!

Rista1313

I've always had that issue with MDE. You have to toggle back and forth between specific times and whatever meal you want, because sometimes one works when the other doesn't. And there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when each variation works and when it doesn't.

Also, have you tried Open Table? I've never used it myself, but I have read that other people have found openings through them, even when the MDE app comes up with nothing.

I've used open table a lot, but I haven't needed to at Disney so far... I'm just watching the dining to see how to goes ... but even at spring break, it seems like we would be able find something for a party of 2 with no problem.

Songbird76

Efteling cont...

So after we got out of Ravelijn, we headed for the sprookjesbos. DH had looked online and there were 2 different Ingress Missions he could do in the park. He didn't want to do the bigger one because you had to start at the entrance for that because you have to go in order, and that clashed with his plans of rushing to the back to do the coasters before it got busy. He didn't want to have to criss cross back and forth through the park, so he decided he could do the smaller of the two missions, which was just in the sprookjesbos. More on that later.

We had to go to the sprookjesbos entrance closest to the main gate of the park. (there are multiple entrances to the fairytale forest)
First up, the big fish next to Pinnochio:

Fishy didn't want to open his mouth. We had to wait a few minutes.

Then we walked along the path....I didn't take pictures of everything. Some things are not picture worthy...some things are only cool if you see them move, which can't be captured with still pictures.

The Troll King

Rapunsel

It was about here that DH was lagging behind and looked at the mission and realized it was sending him in a completely opposite direction. So he said farewell to us and went to complete his mission. He later said the google site was misrepresentative of what it was. It wasn't just in the Sprookjesbos, and at one point he had to cross the entire park for one of the mission spots. If he had known what it really was, he'd have never started, but once you start, if you don't finish, your page looks wonky because you get a "sticker" for each part of the mission you do, and when you get all the stickers, in order, they form a picture. Which is why you have to go in order, and you have to complete the mission to complete the picture.

These toadstools play Bach's minuet in G.

This one, the dragon guarding the treasure chest is sleeping. When you pull the crown, he wakes up and breathes smoke. The kids line up to pull the crown, and DD wanted a turn, but was letting all the little kids go first since she is a "big kid"....she waited so patiently, and when it was finally her turn, she was waiting for the dragon to fall asleep again, and just as he did, 2 kids came running up, cut in front of her, and pulled the crown....she waited until he fell asleep again and both kids had had a turn. The parents were calling the 2 boys on, and they waited until the dragon fell asleep, and pulled it again before running off, stealing DD's turn. Then the dragon started to fall asleep, and a boy in a wheelchair rolled up. DD gave up and decided it just wasn't going to happen because she didn't feel like she had as much right as the younger kids and she didn't want to disappoint any of them whose parents were standing there saying "Go ahead! Pull the crown", impatient to move on.

12in12

Efteling cont...

So after we got out of Ravelijn, we headed for the sprookjesbos. DH had looked online and there were 2 different Ingress Missions he could do in the park. He didn't want to do the bigger one because you had to start at the entrance for that because you have to go in order, and that clashed with his plans of rushing to the back to do the coasters before it got busy. He didn't want to have to criss cross back and forth through the park, so he decided he could do the smaller of the two missions, which was just in the sprookjesbos. More on that later.

We had to go to the sprookjesbos entrance closest to the main gate of the park. (there are multiple entrances to the fairytale forest)
First up, the big fish next to Pinnochio:

View attachment 362500

Fishy didn't want to open his mouth. We had to wait a few minutes.
View attachment 362501

Then we walked along the path....I didn't take pictures of everything. Some things are not picture worthy...some things are only cool if you see them move, which can't be captured with still pictures.

The Troll King
View attachment 362502

Rapunsel
View attachment 362503View attachment 362504

It was about here that DH was lagging behind and looked at the mission and realized it was sending him in a completely opposite direction. So he said farewell to us and went to complete his mission. He later said the google site was misrepresentative of what it was. It wasn't just in the Sprookjesbos, and at one point he had to cross the entire park for one of the mission spots. If he had known what it really was, he'd have never started, but once you start, if you don't finish, your page looks wonky because you get a "sticker" for each part of the mission you do, and when you get all the stickers, in order, they form a picture. Which is why you have to go in order, and you have to complete the mission to complete the picture.

These toadstools play Bach's minuet in G.
View attachment 362505

This one, the dragon guarding the treasure chest is sleeping. When you pull the crown, he wakes up and breathes smoke. The kids line up to pull the crown, and DD wanted a turn, but was letting all the little kids go first since she is a "big kid"....she waited so patiently, and when it was finally her turn, she was waiting for the dragon to fall asleep again, and just as he did, 2 kids came running up, cut in front of her, and pulled the crown....she waited until he fell asleep again and both kids had had a turn. The parents were calling the 2 boys on, and they waited until the dragon fell asleep, and pulled it again before running off, stealing DD's turn. Then the dragon started to fall asleep, and a boy in a wheelchair rolled up. DD gave up and decided it just wasn't going to happen because she didn't feel like she had as much right as the younger kids and she didn't want to disappoint any of them whose parents were standing there saying "Go ahead! Pull the crown", impatient to move on.
View attachment 362506View attachment 362507

View attachment 362509
I feel your DD pain at not being able to pull the crown, I still want to push down the gate handles at leprechaun houses or Hans and Gretel's cottage , yell at the parrot or stand on the moving stone at the Troll King but as an adult I have to let the bleeping kids do all that.;)

12in12

Attachments

• IMG_20190119_141916.jpg
    IMG_20190119_141916.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom