The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So, does anyone else have this intermittent issue: when you want to put one of the Smilies in your message (and you attempt to place it at the end of a sentence, for example) that it somehow automatically goes to the beginning of a sentence?? Drives me nuts.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I made the mistake of taking James shopping with me, we were in the nut section(stifle @Mr Ferret 88) anyhoo I had picked out several types of nuts and told James that what I had gotten was for cooking not snacking and if he wanted any for snacking he had to pick out his own. Long story short the first words out of his mouth when we got home were "I'm hungry, at least you got me Brazil nuts:eek::cautious::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: at least they made it home

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I made the mistake of taking James shopping with me, we were in the nut section(stifle @Mr Ferret 88) anyhoo I had picked out several types of nuts and told James that what I had gotten was for cooking not snacking and if he wanted any for snacking he had to pick out his own. Long story short the first words out of his mouth were "I'm hungry, at least you got me Brazil nuts:eek::cautious::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Isn't that section known as the Joisey aisle ?

Songbird76

Mini Efteling Trip report.
Saturday, April 6th.

We got up early and grabbed some breakfast on our way out of town. The park opened at 10 and we wanted to be there for rope drop. DH always underestimates the time we need to get somewhere. He looks it up in Google, but fails to account for the fact that he does not drive the speed limit, and that Saturdays are busy travel days and there may be delays. I was hurrying everyone a long a bit at breakfast so we could get going, and DH is saying we have plenty of time!

We got there at 9:50 and had to park so far away that it was a 5 minute walk to the gates, and we all (except DH) needed to use the bathroom before entering....then DH decided he should get a parking card so we didn't have to battle the crowds on the way out. Good idea, but he could have done that while the rest of us were in the restrooms. So we actually didn't get in until about 10:05. DD decided to go on the coasters with Daddy....a first, but she LOVED it. I took DS to Symbolica. By the time we got there 10 minutes after opening, the wait time was already at 30 minutes.

We chose the Hero adventure: (blue)

I took a video of the ride instead of pictures, but I don't know how to get to my video....it didn't show up in my files that I can find. But I don't know how to post a video on here anyway.

We got out and DH and DD were still having a blast doing coasters. So DS and I moved on. I grabbed a quick pic of Pardoes.

Then we walked toward the Whale. DS is better at reading a map than I am. I would have gone the wrong way.

Goofyernmost

Well, it DOES depend on where you're going. I know when I was in college, the University of Wyoming was known for being cheap...we had a lot of out of staters because the out of state tuition was cheaper than most states' IN-state tuition. I was VERY fortunate that I had scholarships, and I worked throughout college, so I had only $16,000 in debt when I graduated after 5 years. That's another thing....most programs now, at least at the U of Wyo, are 5 year programs. I don't know about other schools, but what used to take 4 years, now takes 5 for some reason. Probably because you have to take so many subjects that don't really relate to your major? I know with music, it was really hard to fit in the non-music requirements. We had classes that had to be taken in succession...you couldn't take one without first taking the other, and they were courses you had to take each semester. So music theory 1 is freshman level, fall semester, Theory 2 is freshman spring semester....theory 1 isn't offered in Spring semester, and theory 2 isn't offered in the fall semester. So if you miss one, you have to wait a whole year to take it, and then you are behind. So trying to fit in a freshman level math course that's ONLY offered at the same time as a required Music major course....you might have to wait 2 years to take that freshman level math class. OR take it in the Summer session. BUT, there is also a cap on how many credits you can take each semester. So you have to fit in all those classes without going over the max on credit hours. You really can't do it in 4 years. I don't know if it's that way it works at other universities, but that's the way it was where I went. But, like I said, even with going 5 years instead of 4, it was still cheaper than almost any other University in the country.
I should clarify a little. The tuition at Tulane and Colorado College was higher then at UVM, but, they offered a lot more in scholarships and work study programs thus making it less expensive to attend those then to stay at home.

Songbird76

Efteling cont...

By the time we got to the Whale, DH and DD were already in line there. They were able to get on for the ride before we were....no, we did not cut to where they were in line. The boats only seat 2 anyway, so we couldn't have sat together, and we aren't the type to cut so we can skip the line.
After we did that ride, DD wanted to go on another type of boat...

I think we went to the Cauldrons next? Efteling version of the teacups.

I could not get a decent picture to save my life....this was the best of a very bad bunch. DD didn't want to go on it, so she was trying to make a video with a tree?

Then we went to Symbolica because DD hadn't gotten to do it yet. This time we did the Music tour. Again, I don't have pictures...I was planning to screen shot from the videos, but I can't find the videos. I'll have to try again later.

Then we went to lunch.
DD and I each got a kaassouffle and a kipcorn with fries. The fries were pretty awful...very bland and just not good. Everything else was......fine. It's theme park food.

DH's Frikandel Speciaal. Frikandel with a spicy ketchup, mayo, and onions. DS had Frikandel with just mayo. They both also had fries and agreed that they were not good.

Since we were in the area with the carousels, I looked for a pig....I thought that's what @RedNoseMickey mentioned, but I think I must have misunderstood, because I couldn't find any carousel with a pig. Now I need to go back and look at what she actually said and see where I went wrong.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Efteling cont...

By the time we got to the Whale, DH and DD were already in line there. They were able to get on for the ride before we were....no, we did not cut to where they were in line. The boats only seat 2 anyway, so we couldn't have sat together, and we aren't the type to cut so we can skip the line.
View attachment 362461
View attachment 362462

View attachment 362463

I could not get a decent picture to save my life....this was the best of a very bad bunch. DD didn't want to go on it, so she was trying to make a video with a tree?
View attachment 362464View attachment 362465

Then we went to Symbolica because DD hadn't gotten to do it yet. This time we did the Music tour. Again, I don't have pictures...I was planning to screen shot from the videos, but I can't find the videos. I'll have to try again later.

Then we went to lunch.
DD and I each got a kaassouffle and a kipcorn with fries. The fries were pretty awful...very bland and just not good. Everything else was......fine. It's theme park food.

View attachment 362466

DH's Frikandel Speciaal. Frikandel with a spicy ketchup, mayo, and onions. DS had Frikandel with just mayo. They both also had fries and agreed that they were not good.

View attachment 362467

Since we were in the area with the carousels, I looked for a pig....I thought that's what @RedNoseMickey mentioned, but I think I must have misunderstood, because I couldn't find any carousel with a pig. Now I need to go back and look at what she actually said and see where I went wrong.
View attachment 362468
View attachment 362469
Thank you for sharing and I'm sorry they didn't have good fries which can be hard to find anywhere. We found good ones at Margaritaville, not too salty or greasy:hungry:

FutureCEO

That's really good to know. McCormick has a lot of shelf space in the grocery stores up here, so I'll definitely remember that tip, next time I need one.

I bought Garam Marsala yesterday and I almost died at the price. $8. Usually, I buy Badia but they didn't have it. If I knew I needed it a week before, I could have bought for triple cheaper on some cuban food market website. But no free shipping. :D:rolleyes::mad::banghead:

Figgy1

Premium Member
I bought Garam Marsala yesterday and I almost died at the price. $8. Usually, I buy Badia but they didn't have it. If I knew I needed it a week before, I could have bought for triple cheaper on some cuban food market website. But no free shipping. :D:rolleyes::mad::banghead:
Good quality spices cost more for the most part but the upside is you use less of them. My health food store has an excellent vindaloo blend I like better than garam masala or curry blends

FutureCEO

Efteling cont...

View attachment 362461
View attachment 362462

View attachment 362463

View attachment 362464View attachment 362465

Then we went to lunch.

View attachment 362466

View attachment 362467

View attachment 362468
View attachment 362469

Lots of green space

Songbird76

Efteling cont...

Just a random pic of DD being silly.

The kids went on the swing carousel...whatever it's called in English:

Then we split up I think? We were going to go to Droomvlucht, which is my favorite, but it's right next to the Ravelijn show, and when we got closer, we noticed people going into the show. It was starting in just a few minutes. DS wanted to go, so DD and I got in line for Droomvlucht....the app said 30 minute wait. DH took DS to see Ravelijn. Two minutes later I got a message from DH....the show was full, so they would come join us on Droomvlucht. Then a "nevermind...A doesn't want to do that...we're going on Symbolica again." I forgot to mention, when DS and I got on Symbolica in the morning, he was desperate to sit in front. The cars have 2 levels and the front seat has a sort of control panel that you can make special effects on some parts of the ride. 2 years ago when this ride was newly opened, wait times were around 70 minutes, so we only did the ride once, and when we boarded, the CM told people to please let children sit in the front so they could see, and use the control panel. When DH and DS went to board their car, 2 college aged girls ran forward and cut him off to sit in the front themselves, and DS had to sit in the back....meltdown ensued, and he spent the rest of that day wanting to go back and do the ride again, but the wait time was just too long. So now he was DESPERATE to finally get in front. I told him we'd do our best, but I couldn't promise. So when we got up there, there was a group of 3 with a boy just a bit younger than DS. When the gates opened, DS ran forward and tried to get in the front, but the boy tried to board at the same time, and I didn't hear what was said, but DS ended up climbing out and letting the other boy sit in front, but then started crying that once again, he didn't get to sit in front and now he was never going to get the chance. One of the women with the boy was very kind and offered to switch with DS so both boys could use the controls, and she made sure to tell the boy to let A press the buttons too. I thanked her profusely....crises averted. You can't tell by just looking at A that he has autism, so I always worry that people will be rude about that kind of a situation, because DS does not act like a typical 11 year old boy, and not knowing that he has autism might make them jump to the conclusion that he is spoiled, or just really weird. But they were lovely about it and things were quickly resolved, though the CM was a bit irritated that it took us so long to board.

Anyway, DH and DS headed back for one more Symbolica ride. I apologize that my pictures of Droomvlucht are terrible. I couldn't remember how to set my camera for low light settings. Oops.

I know it's hard to see...but this is like a floating city in space....you see the planets, and there are these castles on floating rocks. It looks like a cross between Harry Potter and Star Wars.....it's like....Hogwarts Castle floating through Space and and the other parts of the city remind me of Star Wars land concept art.

Figgy1

Premium Member
My favorite spices are turmeric and cardamom. I'm trying that cardamon beer in the Nomad Lounge this year.
That almost makes me wish I could drink beer. Our most used spices and such for food pink sea salt, peppercorns, garlic, ginger(fresh), oregano, basil, mustard and bay leaves. For food and tea Cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, cloves, coriander, fenugreek, fennel seeds, allspice and fresh turmeric. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few and don't get me started on fresh legal herbs. Again anybody here willing to swap bills?

12in12

I'm so lonely, seeing couples at the parks, and school really damages my mental health, I just am so dam lonely 😔
I'm sorry you are feeling this way. Being in a relationship can be wonderful but learning to be happy on your own is an important life skill. I obviously don't know what's going in your life however there are other ways to combat loneliness than having a romantic relationship. Spending time with family and friends or volunteering with the less fortunate will hopefully help you to feel better.
If you keep feeling down please talk to someone in person.

12in12

Efteling cont...

Just a random pic of DD being silly.
View attachment 362470

The kids went on the swing carousel...whatever it's called in English:
View attachment 362471

Then we split up I think? We were going to go to Droomvlucht, which is my favorite, but it's right next to the Ravelijn show, and when we got closer, we noticed people going into the show. It was starting in just a few minutes. DS wanted to go, so DD and I got in line for Droomvlucht....the app said 30 minute wait. DH took DS to see Ravelijn. Two minutes later I got a message from DH....the show was full, so they would come join us on Droomvlucht. Then a "nevermind...A doesn't want to do that...we're going on Symbolica again." I forgot to mention, when DS and I got on Symbolica in the morning, he was desperate to sit in front. The cars have 2 levels and the front seat has a sort of control panel that you can make special effects on some parts of the ride. 2 years ago when this ride was newly opened, wait times were around 70 minutes, so we only did the ride once, and when we boarded, the CM told people to please let children sit in the front so they could see, and use the control panel. When DH and DS went to board their car, 2 college aged girls ran forward and cut him off to sit in the front themselves, and DS had to sit in the back....meltdown ensued, and he spent the rest of that day wanting to go back and do the ride again, but the wait time was just too long. So now he was DESPERATE to finally get in front. I told him we'd do our best, but I couldn't promise. So when we got up there, there was a group of 3 with a boy just a bit younger than DS. When the gates opened, DS ran forward and tried to get in the front, but the boy tried to board at the same time, and I didn't hear what was said, but DS ended up climbing out and letting the other boy sit in front, but then started crying that once again, he didn't get to sit in front and now he was never going to get the chance. One of the women with the boy was very kind and offered to switch with DS so both boys could use the controls, and she made sure to tell the boy to let A press the buttons too. I thanked her profusely....crises averted. You can't tell by just looking at A that he has autism, so I always worry that people will be rude about that kind of a situation, because DS does not act like a typical 11 year old boy, and not knowing that he has autism might make them jump to the conclusion that he is spoiled, or just really weird. But they were lovely about it and things were quickly resolved, though the CM was a bit irritated that it took us so long to board.

Anyway, DH and DS headed back for one more Symbolica ride. I apologize that my pictures of Droomvlucht are terrible. I couldn't remember how to set my camera for low light settings. Oops.
View attachment 362472
View attachment 362473
View attachment 362474
View attachment 362475

I know it's hard to see...but this is like a floating city in space....you see the planets, and there are these castles on floating rocks. It looks like a cross between Harry Potter and Star Wars.....it's like....Hogwarts Castle floating through Space and and the other parts of the city remind me of Star Wars land concept art.
View attachment 362476

View attachment 362477
Thanks so much for sharing the Efteling with me. Growing up we had AP to it (it was cheap back then) so I have so many wonderful childhood memories there.
For me there is only one carousel in the Efteling, (the indoor one where DD is sitting on the horse) and that carousel has 2 pigs. On a rainy day my mother would take us to the Efteling and my brothers and sister I would ride the carousel over and over. Since there are only 2 pigs and 4 of us there was always fierce competition for the pigs.
To this day my siblings and I "fight" over the pig and we have past on this tradition to my nieces and nephews.362484 I'm petty enough not to let them win but nice enough to share the pig with one of the younger children.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom