The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

I have a story involving Rochester, MN, that I’ve posted about here before, but, it was a while back...

When I was 4 yrs. old and we still lived in San Antonio, TX, my pop left his job at Alamo Iron Works for a job at the Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL in 1966. After about 18 mos. there, himself and and co-worker got jobs with ol’ “Big Blue” (IBM ;)). The new jobs were in Rochester.
My pops co-worker and his family had already been on the road for about an hour.
Just a few minutes before we left the house for Rochester, the phone rang. Pop was informed that there was a change in plans and he and his co-worker were to instead head to San Jose, CA...!!!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious:
They had to alert the highway patrol to intercept the co-worker, who finally found him and sent him west...!!!!! :hilarious:
A true story, and we spent the next 8 yrs. in No Cal before moving back to Texas in August of ‘76...so many twisty-turnys in so many of our lives..!!!!! :)
Aren’t you glad that your dad was rerouted? Amazing how the police were sent to intercept his coworker. Incredible that they even found him.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I got my sept flights a couple days ago... the price still kinda stunk for me.. but we love Southwest and I had one free ticket, so I paid it... we love their service and how they handle DH with his disability, but their prices are getting higher than American and Delta

I usually book the flights and then go in every couple of days looking for cheaper prices on the same flights. They won't give you money back, but they'll credit you the difference and you can use that on different flights.

Rista1313

I usually book the flights and then go in every couple of days looking for cheaper prices on the same flights. They won't give you money back, but they'll credit you the difference and you can use that on different flights.

I just did that 2 nights ago.. got a $29 credit on DH's ticket, and 2k in points back in my account. I'm going to keep checking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom