The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
The white carp should start flying here, any minute now. Luckily, DS's competition is just a few towns over. I need stronger than industrial strength blowers to move that carp to @MinnieM123 and @Mr Ferret 88 .
We’re up to about 5” here in Indy. I can’t complain, it’s a lot less than we used to get in Wisconsin...

21stamps

Just 2-4 for me hopefully. Wonder how @21stamps and @dryerlintfan are. Heard Ohio is getting hit bad.

Yes, I drove an average of 15mph on the side streets today.. drove 40mph on the highway when coming in to work.

T’s basketball games were cancelled due to the weather. I’m not sure if basketball and soccer will get cancelled tomorrow as well.. haven’t heard anything yet.
He’s sled riding right now with his cousins, so T’s loving the snow!

@MouseDreaming T’s school also has outdoor recess unless temps are below zero. They just bundle up. The girls are allowed to wear leggings under their uniform skirts (in the winter)..but I still feel bad for them.

MySmallWorldof4

Yes, I drove an average of 15mph on the side streets today.. drove 40mph on the highway when coming in to work.

T’s basketball games were cancelled due to the weather. I’m not sure if basketball and soccer will get cancelled tomorrow as well.. haven’t heard anything yet.
He’s sled riding right now with his cousins, so T’s loving the snow!

@MouseDreaming T’s school also has outdoor recess unless temps are below zero. They just bundle up. The girls are allowed to wear leggings under their uniform skirts (in the winter)..but I still feel bad for them.
Have a safe drive home.

MySmallWorldof4

Today is one day closer to spring. It's practically mid. January already! Each day we experience the sun sets later than the day before.:cool:
I'm just overflowing with positive thoughts today :D
btw, yesterday I put an SAT registration question on a Chit Chat forum independent thread. Approx. 18 hours later I've had no responders.
My dd will be taking the ACT. What was your question?

MySmallWorldof4

My grandfather was at the Battle of the Bulge as well, he too got shot there. He had shrapnel in his neck for the rest of his life, it was lodged in a spot so close to the vertebrae & nerves that they feared if they tried to get it out he would be paralyzed. So he went in regularly for checkups on it to make sure it wasn't shifting, if it was they would've attempted but it never shifted.

He too never really talked about his service. I had to do a report on WWII my sophomore year of high school so I tried to interview him. All he did was tell me about the shrapnel (which I already knew) and listed a couple battles, then he handed me some sort of book that was about his regiment (or platoon or whatever they call it in the Army) and his discharge papers. I wish he would have actually told me more but he didn't. I don't know what happened to that book, I gave it back to him, but I have a copy of his discharge papers.

Overall, he wasn't a warm fuzzy grandfather. He didn't have much interest in me or my sister. However, his brother had been taken captive by the Japanese in WWII and actually was tortured by them, he had his fingernails pried off and part of his thumb chopped off. He was the nicest guy and really caring towards people and he would talk about his experiences I guess (I don't remember much unfortunately). My grandfather actually had 4 brothers that all served in WWII, so a total of 5 sons. He and the brother I mentioned were the only ones injured, so all came back alive. Kind of a miracle really. But it is weird to think of how their experiences might have impacted them so much and in different ways.
Ugh, how horrific! Glad all the family survived.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Something's wrong I'm done cooking for today. "Fried" rice, "fried" pork Katsura grill style, miso soup, Sweet potato fries, rice, vegan chowder, greens and beans, quiche, stir "fried" green beans with mushrooms and onion, I chopped veggies for salad and made 2 dressings why do I feel as if I forgot to make something?

donaldtoo

Wow! Our cameras are all outside, nothing inside. I want to know how long it will take for a class action lawsuit to pop up. I could use an extra $2.00.:rolleyes::hilarious:

:hilarious:

We have one camera on our front porch...the Netgear Arlo we installed the night before authorities cornered that crazy local bomber the next morning and he blew himself up in his car beside I-35.
So far it has recorded nothing suspicious/nefarious, thankfully. Just us coming and going, deliveries, and the occasional bug, cat, raccoon, etc....!!!!! :hilarious:

SteveBrickNJ

My dd will be taking the ACT. What was your question?
I wanted to do some SAT registration stuff ....i.e create a user name & password, some basic biographical info for my dd while she and my wife were at a haircut appt. Then I had hoped to shut down the laptop and come back to it later in the day or even tomorrow. I wondered if that was/is possible?
.......now as I'm typing this I've already done my part. My dd will be home in about 15 minutes. I'll just poke around on my forums or the internet in general and then dd and I will finish the SAT registration in one shot.

SteveBrickNJ

I wanted to do some SAT user name password & basic biographical info for my dd while she and my wife were at a haircut appt. Then I had hoped to shut down the laptop and come back to it later in the day or even tomorrow. I wondered if that was/is possible?
.......now as I'm typing this I've already done my part. My dd will be home in about 15 minutes. I'll just poke around on my forums or the internet in general and then dd and I will finish the SAT registration in one shot.
btw, after I did my part and arrived at the next step the website states: "get comfortable" ....you have 30 to 40 minutes to go :rolleyes:

Goofyernmost

Ugh, how horrific! Glad all the family survived.
I have an Uncle that was in the Battle of the Bulge. He didn't really get over it. Initially, he lost his hearing. That came back but he was never the same after that. He ended up an alcoholic, couldn't keep a job because of it, and was mean drunk and he wasn't big enough to back it up. He got beaten up many times because of that trait. Many have said that was the worst battle of the entire war. He died at age 60 of Pancreatic Cancer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom