• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

I looked for obits (Googled any name I could think of 57 ways ‘til Sunday) a while back too, and found nothing, but, she was such a regular contributor here that, I believe, there is no way she couldn’t have found a way to communicate with us unless something so disabling, or life-ending would have occurred.
I hate even writing that part, but...reality can just plain suck.
I miss her beautiful heart and soul, and indomitable spirit, and sense of humor on a daily basis.
Such a beyond beautiful spirit, and I miss her dearly...
Me too, and I think everyone on here who knew her, also misses her dearly.

The NYC public schools rarely had snow days. I maybe had one in high school. I do remember 1 in 7th grade. That was I think April ‘83? We got dumped with 2 feet of snow. None of the roads got plowed. We could walk right in the middle of all the streets because there were no vehicles. It was awesome!
It wasn't just the city but the surrounding suburbs. I remember listening for closings on the radio and Morristown and the areas north and west would close, us a foot of snow and we'd have to go in:brb::mad:

MinnieM123

In today's world, I wouldn't want to see any elementary school students walk to school.....ever. A bus or parent drop off is the only way to go. For their safety. Ya know?;)
Although I don't have any kids, I can appreciate your concern. I'm sure it's entirely different when you're actually a parent. Part of what I wonder is if it's worse now than years ago, when I walked to school starting at the age of 5, and up through grade school. (High school was much father away, and took a school bus to that.) With so much access to instant news now, we hear more stories involving kids. So, I've wondered if it was any safer back when I was a kid, or if (more or less) the same amount of incidents happened (but we didn't hear about all of them on TV or radio, for example) when we were growing up.

(Side note: we used to just "free range" all over the town, when we went out to play! Sometimes I hung out with one of my brothers, and we covered miles in our adventures--at least we thought they were big adventures! :p)

Me too....I miss her so much. I've thought about writing to her daughter, but I don't want to intrude or seem stalkerish. Betty's husband't obituary is online and it mentions their daughter's name, and I remember Betty saying her daughter ran a Disney fan website, so I'm sure we could find her, but I don't know if she'd want to hear from us.
It is just so strange how she and moxo just dropped out. Even if she couldn’t get a computer hooked up, she had a cell phone and could have used that. We can only pray that she is fine, that they are fine, and their lives have just taken another path.

Although I don't have any kids, I can appreciate your concern. I'm sure it's entirely different when you're actually a parent. Part of what I wonder is if it's worse now than years ago, when I walked to school starting at the age of 5, and up through grade school. (High school was much father away, and took a school bus to that.) With so much access to instant news now, we hear more stories involving kids. So, I've wondered if it was any safer back when I was a kid, or if (more or less) the same amount of incidents happened (but we didn't hear about all of them on TV or radio, for example) when we were growing up.

(Side note: we used to just "free range" all over the town, when we went out to play! Sometimes I hung out with one of my brothers, and we covered miles in our adventures--at least we thought they were big adventures! :p)
I have wondered the same thing myself. I will say that when we grew up there were mental institutions that housed those with mental disabilities. We no longer have those institutions, and those that require medication do not always take it. Not that I approve of what some of those facilities were rumored to have done, but I am just commenting that they are no longer.

Last edited:
Oh my!
Out like a light in 15 seconds, and then off to la la land again within 10 mins. after middle-of-the-night weeweeville, I can only imagine...somehow, I’m older than you are...!!!!!!! :hilarious:;):)
Sometimes quicker then that. I have been known to not remember my head even touching the pillow. In the all things must come to an end column... lately, due to some new medication, the after weeweeville situation results in my not getting to sleep within that allotted 10 minutes and my giving up and hitting the computer for about an hour or so and then I can go back to sleep right away again.

Me too....I miss her so much. I've thought about writing to her daughter, but I don't want to intrude or seem stalkerish. Betty's husband't obituary is online and it mentions their daughter's name, and I remember Betty saying her daughter ran a Disney fan website, so I'm sure we could find her, but I don't know if she'd want to hear from us.
I understand some degree of trepidation, however, since you are inquiring about a friend that no longer is in contact and concerned about possible health situations, I don't see that as being intrusive. If something has happened, it isn't out of line to politely ask. Her daughter might not have known about her being on this board since as I recall, she did share some stuff about her daughter and she might not have wanted her daughter to know she was sharing. Worth a try, at least. The worst case scenario, she won't reply. Asking once, is not stalking, it is showing concern.

Last edited:
Top Bottom