The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

15 seconds is the norm for me, initially. However, I wake up at night to use the facilities and it takes me much longer to get back to sleep again. Sometimes up to 10 minutes. It's about the only thing I can do with any degree of expertise.

Oh my!
Out like a light in 15 seconds, and then off to la la land again within 10 mins. after middle-of-the-night weeweeville, I can only imagine...somehow, I’m older than you are...!!!!!!! :hilarious: ;) :)

donaldtoo

Well, maybe it's morbid, but I've looked a couple of times for obits in her area....her husband's is there, but not one for her....but remember she moved to a smaller home and was having trouble with internet, and her husband was her internet guy...it could be as simple as never having got it set up. I'm hopeful that she'll come back.

I looked for obits (Googled any name I could think of 57 ways ‘til Sunday) a while back too, and found nothing, but, she was such a regular contributor here that, I believe, there is no way she couldn’t have found a way to communicate with us unless something so disabling, or life-ending would have occurred.
I hate even writing that part, but...reality can just plain suck.
I miss her beautiful heart and soul, and indomitable spirit, and sense of humor on a daily basis.
Such a beyond beautiful spirit, and I miss her dearly...

Songbird76

The person in question is incredible, but I used to know a WW II vet who lived an interesting life.

The person in question I used to know was my mom's uncle and he died 2 months after he turned 89 years old. He was not mentioned in wikipedia though. To my younger brother and I, My mom's uncle was our grandfather and a very nice person that I still have great memories of too this day. I called my mom's uncle my grandfather because his younger brother(my grandfather) died of medical of problems at a young age before I was born. I don't want to say how old. My parents used to visit him at his summer home in June when he was in Wisconsin.

My mom's uncle served in the army during WWII for 3 years. He joined the army after he graduated from college. He didn't talk about his service at all though. What made him Interesting is he did a lot of things in his life after the War. He was a dean for 2 colleges and a law professor at 3 colleges with the colleges in 3 different states. He did arbitration cases including for the National Football League. He was appointed to chair of two things, but I don't want go into politics or positions in a state or local government level. I am willing to say that he was the first of the two chair positions was one that involved stuff that were key issues in the 1960s on a local level in a city that he was a dean at the time.
Yeah, there are a lot of really interesting people. My uncle (mom's brother) served in WWII in the battle of the bulge. Somewhere along the line, we THINK at the bulge, he was shot, but he survived. We don't really know for sure where he was or anything because he never talked about the war at all. And he came home with PTSD and his doctor told my grandmother to get him a dog...dogs were good for calming and the care of another living thing gave them something to focus on. He always always had a dog after that. He wasn't "interesting" as far as doing great things when he got home, but just that he survived...what he saw and lived through....and he was always kind.

Songbird76

I looked for obits (Googled any name I could think of 57 ways ‘til Sunday) a while back too, and found nothing, but, she was such a regular contributor here that, I believe, there is no way she couldn’t have found a way to communicate with us unless something so disabling, or life-ending would have occurred.
I miss her beautiful heart and soul, and indomitable spirit, and sense of humor on a daily basis.
Me too....I miss her so much. I've thought about writing to her daughter, but I don't want to intrude or seem stalkerish. Betty's husband't obituary is online and it mentions their daughter's name, and I remember Betty saying her daughter ran a Disney fan website, so I'm sure we could find her, but I don't know if she'd want to hear from us.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Me too, and I think everyone on here who knew her, also misses her dearly.

Figgy1

Premium Member
The NYC public schools rarely had snow days. I maybe had one in high school. I do remember 1 in 7th grade. That was I think April ‘83? We got dumped with 2 feet of snow. None of the roads got plowed. We could walk right in the middle of all the streets because there were no vehicles. It was awesome!
It wasn't just the city but the surrounding suburbs. I remember listening for closings on the radio and Morristown and the areas north and west would close, us a foot of snow and we'd have to go in:brb::mad:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
In today's world, I wouldn't want to see any elementary school students walk to school.....ever. A bus or parent drop off is the only way to go. For their safety. Ya know?;)

Although I don't have any kids, I can appreciate your concern. I'm sure it's entirely different when you're actually a parent. Part of what I wonder is if it's worse now than years ago, when I walked to school starting at the age of 5, and up through grade school. (High school was much father away, and took a school bus to that.) With so much access to instant news now, we hear more stories involving kids. So, I've wondered if it was any safer back when I was a kid, or if (more or less) the same amount of incidents happened (but we didn't hear about all of them on TV or radio, for example) when we were growing up.

(Side note: we used to just "free range" all over the town, when we went out to play! Sometimes I hung out with one of my brothers, and we covered miles in our adventures--at least we thought they were big adventures! :p)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom