The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Lovin’ that resort!!! :)

Kinda’ reminds me of the mid-century modern El Tropicano Hotel built on the San Antonio River Walk back in 1962. DWifey and I stayed there for the weekend of our 27th anniversary...!!!!! :happy::)

View attachment 340131View attachment 340132View attachment 340133View attachment 340134View attachment 340135View attachment 340136View attachment 340137View attachment 340138View attachment 340139View attachment 340140
Yes, totally similar. So that style is mid-century modern. Good to know. I really like it. Plus the colors that they chose are beautiful, vivid, and bright. I am excited to stay there. Maybe you guys try Universal once?

MySmallWorldof4

Not only did we not have recess we didn't get snow days. I remember an ice storm and the school was open. None of the kids or teachers that lived down the hill from the school made it in that day and we tried for over an hour to get there. I remember everybody's shock and amazement at getting sent home early once because of a storm, but the entire northeast shut down for that one. Evil, evil, evil administration
The NYC public schools rarely had snow days. I maybe had one in high school. I do remember 1 in 7th grade. That was I think April ‘83? We got dumped with 2 feet of snow. None of the roads got plowed. We could walk right in the middle of all the streets because there were no vehicles. It was awesome!

MySmallWorldof4

That's the cliche joke that grandparents are supposedly famous for.
In reality I took the school bus ;):)
I walked those miles. ;) Well, I did until high school. Then I took a bus. :hilarious: In reality I think the walk felt like 13 miles. I know my walk home was all uphill, but it was only a 10 minite walk. Where we live there are no sidewalks, so everyone who uses the elementary school by me, which is probably 1 mile away from my house, is required to take a bus.

SteveBrickNJ

I walked those miles. ;) Well, I did until high school. Then I took a bus. :hilarious: In reality I think the walk felt like 13 miles. I know my walk home was all uphill, but it was only a 10 minite walk. Where we live there are no sidewalks, so everyone who uses the elementary school by me, which is probably 1 mile away from my house, is required to take a bus.
In today's world, I wouldn't want to see any elementary school students walk to school.....ever. A bus or parent drop off is the only way to go. For their safety. Ya know?;)

Rista1313

In today's world, I wouldn't want to see any elementary school students walk to school.....ever. A bus or parent drop off is the only way to go. For their safety. Ya know?;)

I wish the world didn't have to be like this... I'm so glad I grew up in the 70's and 80's... kids are so sheltered now because the world can be so evil, that they don't get to learn independence by having outdoor freedom. (sorry... I'm a debbie downer!)

Songbird76

Thank you. No, it has been I guess a year or so since she found out. She didn’t do chemo. It just went really quickly. It is a fairly large office.
Sympathy like. Pancreatic cancer is a nasty one like that. My friend Bob didn't make it to the end of the year from his diagnosis. He did have other complications, too, but the chemo didn't work.

Songbird76

So I was at dd's gym yesterday and a mom says that there was an argument between a dad and the head coach of the whole cheer program. Apparently the head coach said, "if you don't like the policies then leave". A younger kid who is the sister of one of the kids on that team overheard the whole thing and blabbered that so and so was off the team. It was not true, of course. She told her 6 year old not to spread false rumors. In the car home from practice last night, dd tells me, "Guess what? So and so's dad had an argument with Coach so and so and now she is off her team." I said, "Who told you that because it isn't true". I assumed she would say the 6 year old who was on her team. Nope it was another kid. Apparently false rumors travel fast. Oh, and the girl that bases my dd in stunts has a sprained ankle and is iffy for the competition of the 19th. There is only 1 kid on a higher level team that could sub because she is still 8. But that would mean learning a whole new routine in 2 practices, and it is supposed to snow on Sunday when there is practice. They only have 2 practices scheduled before next Saturday. Hopefully sprains heal quick. It happened a week ago.
Yikes....What's a new year starting without some drama? Hope the sprain heals quickly, and that the rumor mill gets shut down! Do you know how bad the sprain is? I sprained my ankle in jr. high basketball and it took weeks to heal, but I still played on it. I was mostly a bench warmer anyway, though. The ankle was a really nice shade of purple/blue for a while....and another girl sprained hers just a little after me....maybe 20 minutes, and hers wasn't nearly as bad. She still taped it up for games, but it was more for support. Can they tape for the competition?

MySmallWorldof4

I wish the world didn't have to be like this... I'm so glad I grew up in the 70's and 80's... kids are so sheltered now because the world can be so evil, that they don't get to learn independence by having outdoor freedom. (sorry... I'm a debbie downer!)
You’re not alone in your thoughts. I didn’t realize how lucky we were until I became a parent. I know when I was 5 I could go to the playground by myself or with a friend. I never would have let my kids do that.

Rista1313

You’re not alone in your thoughts. I didn’t realize how lucky we were until I became a parent. I know when I was 5 I could go to the playground by myself or with a friend. I never would have let my kids do that.

Quoting Cher, "If I could turn back time"

Lucky or unlucky I never had kids, so I didn't have to shelter anyone. When my step son was about 8-10, I couldn't get him or his older brother to go outside when they visited.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom