The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

So going vegetarian has been met with varying responses. It's interesting how much animosity there is around it...

I find it weird as well that simply removing meat, something we've been led to understand is the fuel our body needs, I've lost weight and had more energy. I didn't expect that at all.

As I’ve mentioned many times before, oldest DD is totally vegan. Her choice, and we comepltely respect that. Her body, her life, and her choice! And, in her case anyway, she feels much better for it all. She’s not reactionary at all, but, is very analytical, and reasond...!!!!! :happy:
I just loves me some animal protein in my diet, and I don’t see that changing anytime soon...!!!!! :hungry: :)

93boomer

Premium Member
I hope he can get home to you soon.
It may be awhile. They got through with their area and headed up to Atlanta to spend the night then headed to Greensboro tomorrow to help. We have more outages in our state than FL right now. They had all the help they needed in FL. At least I packed him for 10 days.:joyfull: I am hoping he can see our DD while he’s there. He is so tired of the traveling.
They had so many crews called into FL from other states they usually release some once their area’s power is back on. DH got his on. It was a small town but the residents were very thankful. Too many crews can get in other’s way so once areas are covered, they send them back.
He would have been home tomorrow if Greensboro hadn’t got hot so hard. My DD and SIL have power but lots don’t. The storm still had 80 mph winds when it went over them. She said lots of poles and trees down.

Last edited:

Rista1313

Yes, please!!! My body does NOT do well in heat. I don't know what it is, but I get nauseated and headachy and just feel miserable in general.

I am the same way! Although I figured out that earlier this year, mine was being exacerbated by some blood pressure medicine I was taking that made me sensitive to the sun. Now that we have changed that, it is somewhat better. I was miserable in Disney last may... it was very warm... I used my cooling towel all day ever day!

FutureCEO

Does anyone recommend a good blanket? For when watching TV on the couch or something. I had to throw my Red Sox throw out. Made me itchy to the point where it looked like I had bug bites everwhere.

Songbird76

No FB for me either. :)
If I lived in the US, I might be able to do that, but it's the only way I have to find out what my niece is up to, share pics of our kiddos, etc. And my best friend now lives in Australia, so without FB, I wouldn't really get to talk to her. Calling would get way too expensive. I found out my brother was moving on FB...he hadn't told me they were looking at houses. He's HORRIBLE at communication, so FB is the way I keep up with him. I know, that sounds awful, but that's the way it is. So it's kind of a necessary evil at this point, if I want to maintain any sort of relationship with people "back home".

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Does anyone recommend a good blanket? For when watching TV on the couch or something. I had to throw my Red Sox throw out. Made me itchy to the point where it looked like I had bug bites everwhere.

Throws of any kind are o.k., but sometimes they're just a tad too short, I think. Sometimes in winter, you just want to curl upon the sofa watching tv, and it's more convenient to have a slightly longer blanket. So years ago, I realized that it made more sense to just buy a "twin" sized blanker (preferably fleece--not bulky, durable, and easily folds away when not in use). I don't have any brand in mind.

Example: Here's something along the lines of what I use (comes in 4 colors) from Amazon, and it's very reasonably priced. (There are plenty of other brands with designs and different colors as well.)

https://www.amazon.com/Utopia-Beddi...9505139&sr=8-15&keywords=fleece+blankets&th=1

Songbird76

I am the same way! Although I figured out that earlier this year, mine was being exacerbated by some blood pressure medicine I was taking that made me sensitive to the sun. Now that we have changed that, it is somewhat better. I was miserable in Disney last may... it was very warm... I used my cooling towel all day ever day!
I used my cooling towel all the time at Disney in 2016. Actually, that trip, we visited South Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado, AND Disney (I'm originally from Wyoming, and I went back to see my family, My brother and I brought our families and met up with some cousins from Illinois and we went to South Dakota together) The worst was South Dakota...it was over 100 degrees and I felt horrid. My head was pounding, my stomach was churning, I kept downing water, but nothing helped. But we were outside the whole time, so there was no break. Disney is hot, but you go in and out of rides, restaurants, stores, so it's not the constant furnace. It's still not great, but it's tolerable. I'll be glad when the kids are out of school and we aren't tied to school breaks!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It may be awhile. They got through with their area and headed up to Atlanta to spend the night then headed to Greensboro tomorrow to help. We have more outages in our state than FL right now. They had all the help they needed in FL. At least I packed him for 10 days.:joyfull: I am hoping he can see our DD while he’s there. He is so tired of the traveling.
They had so many crews called into FL from other states they usually release some once their area’s power is back on. DH got his on. It was a small town but the residents were very thankful. Too many crews can get in other’s way so once areas are covered, they send them back.
He would have been home tomorrow if Greensboro hadn’t got hot so hard. My DD and SIL have power but lots don’t. The storm still had 80 mph winds when it went over them. She said lots of poles and trees down.

Didn't realize about all the outages going on in parts of N. C. (I thought it was more south that the brunt of the hurricane.) One of my brothers lived in Greensboro for a few years, but then moved to another area of N. C. Glad he did--I just saw a few Google reports about the hurricane power outages in Greensboro a few minutes ago.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good to know!! Christmas gifts!:)
Right. I'd love the stretch one but can't justify the price for one dress. I can't even justify most 1.99 patterns the one I made the tops out of was pushing it and wouldn't have gotten it except I knew I'd get at least 4 garments out of it. Same goes for the Vogue I need a couple of jackets and don't have a sloper for one. Besides it has a great neck detail that can easily be changed the dress will be as bonus as will the top and the jumpsuit can be made into a dress but not sure I will

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom