The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I love your photos. My goodness, what a beautiful place!! Glad to hear that you all enjoyed it, and what a lovely way to spend a day. (Sorry your mom didn't get to see the two-color rose, though. I wonder if they had it there--maybe just not in a spot where she looked, perhaps?)

I know I’ve posted this before, but, my favorite rose is the two-colored peace rose...!!!!! :happy:

A420EC28-FD13-4F04-B01D-02A7FCB35B95.jpeg

And, the scent is awesome, too...!!!!! :)

donaldtoo

Just the opposite here as a kid ;) . I loved playing with dolls. Even had a little display in my room, along with stuffed animals. My brothers would sometimes change up the display (just to tick me off), and turn them all backwards, or put them standing on their heads, etc. :cautious: I'd reciprocate and hide some of their things--and hold them for ransom. "You want your book back? That will be 5 cents, payable in advance." :p:p

:joyfull: :hilarious: :joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I don't know if I have ever mentioned it before, but, back a few years ago (4 or 5) I attended an AARP convention in Atlanta. On the agenda was a concert called "The Turtles Tour", they had different, back in the day, stars in it. People like Gary Lewis and the Playboys. I cannot remember his name, but, one of the performers was a guy that had been a member of "Three Dog Night". His highlight performance was to lead the audience in a very high spirited round of Joy to the World.

You have never seen so many so many old folks standing up and waving their arms and singing to the top of there old and tired lungs. It was a mad house. Those that weren't standing and dancing in the aisle were sitting and rattling their walkers. It was a sight to behold. Fortunately he was the last performer, because I don't think we could have managed anymore excitement in one day unless there were a fleet of EMS responders just outside.

:)

(As for the Turtles, I saw them perform a few years ago at the Flower & Garden Festival at EPCOT. I always liked their music. Surprisingly Flo and Eddie are still leaders of the group. They may have younger backup musicians, etc., now, but the sound was still the same.) They drew a good-sized crowd of various ages. Fun concert.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My mom alwaysnplayed classical or Broadway show music when I was growing up, so I was pretty clueless about any other type of music until 9th grade. My first tapes were Bryan Adams Reckless, Michael Jackson Beat it, and Sting’s Dream of the Blue Turtles. Those were bought for me by my parents for Christmas along with a walkman. My mom’s friend picked out the tapes because my mom didn’t know what to get. My collection only grew after that and Tower Records became my favorite store. (May it rest in peace in store heaven).

I miss my Walkman! I miss Tower Records, too! :(

21stamps

The 2nd team we played.. well, they made our boys look like a lollipop team.
Wow, they were amazing. Gotta give credit.. positioning, skills, speed, shots.. all of it. Our boys looked like they gave up. T scored our only goal, and that was in the first minute of the game... then he forgot how to play too. We lost by A LOT.
I don’t think we’ll be in the finals now, which means only one game tomorrow. Or maybe another team will lose worse than we did.. and we win by a lot tomorrow. I told T he can’t give up yet.

MySmallWorldof4

I’m not sure if it is really as bad as the news portrays it, or if they are really seeking out the division and chaos to get viewers. My experiences up in Green Bay and here in Indy are quite the contrary. I see people from all walks of life, being civil to one another, and interacting socially. Maybe I’m just lucky, but at the end of the day, we’re all just people trying to live our lives with some degree of happiness....
I have the same experience as you. I think the media does play things up because it makes news, and it is their business to "make" news.. Nonetheless, I now choose to ignore as much media as possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom