The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Songbird76

My mom alwaysnplayed classical or Broadway show music when I was growing up, so I was pretty clueless about any other type of music until 9th grade. My first tapes were Bryan Adams Reckless, Michael Jackson Beat it, and Sting’s Dream of the Blue Turtles. Those were bought for me by my parents for Christmas along with a walkman. My mom’s friend picked out the tapes because my mom didn’t know what to get. My collection only grew after that and Tower Records became my favorite store. (May it rest in peace in store heaven).
I got my walkman for Christmas. That was my favorite gift! It went on vacation with us and just about everywhere else. But I bought my own tapes because my mom wouldn't have known what to get either.

Songbird76

I no longer listen to the news. I am quite content.
I do watch the news here, but even if I didn't, I'd see it on my FB newsfeed. Not to mention, both kids watch news programs for school, and they talk about what they saw on the news, thought DS's is usually a bit more censored. But I would have to pretty much just not get on the computer and not turn the TV on to miss it, which isn't always practical. FB is the only tie I have to some of my friends/family back home. But sometimes I wish I could just go back to the way it was BEFORE social media.

Songbird76

I’m not sure if it is really as bad as the news portrays it, or if they are really seeking out the division and chaos to get viewers. My experiences up in Green Bay and here in Indy are quite the contrary. I see people from all walks of life, being civil to one another, and interacting socially. Maybe I’m just lucky, but at the end of the day, we’re all just people trying to live our lives with some degree of happiness....
It sure is devisive in Wyoming. I'm always seeing arguments on FB, and I've had to "unfollow" many people for the horrible things they were posting. I feel bad for people living in that climate of negativity. I'm glad it doesn't seem to be as bad where you are!

Songbird76

Managed to get out for a walk after work today ..
View attachment 319937
How adorable do you look together?? :inlove: Was it as hot over there as it was here today? We were at 27!!! (81 F) and it was just way too warm for me. I had to break out the ice pack. It was 26 in the house and SO stuffy. I have the windows open, but it doesn't seem to be cooling down at all, so I guess I will have to use the fan tonight to sleep.

Figgy1

Premium Member
How adorable do you look together?? :inlove: Was it as hot over there as it was here today? We were at 27!!! (81 F) and it was just way too warm for me. I had to break out the ice pack. It was 26 in the house and SO stuffy. I have the windows open, but it doesn't seem to be cooling down at all, so I guess I will have to use the fan tonight to sleep.
I'll trade. broke out my wool London Fog so I can wear it out tomorrow:mad:

Songbird76

I'll trade. broke out my wool London Fog so I can wear it out tomorrow:mad:
Yes, please!!! My body does NOT do well in heat. I don't know what it is, but I get nauseated and headachy and just feel miserable in general. Disney I can handle, because so much is air conditioned. But here, where there's no place to escape the heat, I just feel icky. I sat and did NOTHING today. I watched Gilmore Girls with DD, and played Monopoly with DS. (We've added a game time to our schedule every evening, per instructions from our home help, and DS LOVES it and it gets him off the electronics and interacting with us, so it's really nice. Tonight, I laughed so hard my stomach hurt because of his pronunciation of "Virginia Avenue"....let's just say he read it wrong. We had a great time)

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
About 60 f. So shorts and t-shirt weather.

MySmallWorldof4

I do watch the news here, but even if I didn't, I'd see it on my FB newsfeed. Not to mention, both kids watch news programs for school, and they talk about what they saw on the news, thought DS's is usually a bit more censored. But I would have to pretty much just not get on the computer and not turn the TV on to miss it, which isn't always practical. FB is the only tie I have to some of my friends/family back home. But sometimes I wish I could just go back to the way it was BEFORE social media.
No FB for me either. :)

Goofyernmost

:)

(As for the Turtles, I saw them perform a few years ago at the Flower & Garden Festival at EPCOT. I always liked their music. Surprisingly Flo and Eddie are still leaders of the group. They may have younger backup musicians, etc., now, but the sound was still the same.) They drew a good-sized crowd of various ages. Fun concert.
Yea, they look a whole lot different, but, the sound is exactly the same. I was a great concert in Atlanta. I went to one a couple years earlier in Las Vegas. James Taylor was the entertainment for that one. Walker rattling almost completely drowned out the lyrics to "Mocking Bird.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom